Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music of the Spheres excerpts on Radio 2< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 07:46

As I was waking up this morning I became aware of a very pleasant sound coming from my radio. Unfamiliar to me, it was really, really gentle and it kind of lifted me from my sleep. Then a few momnets later, Sarah Kennedy announces 'that was the wonderful Mike Oldfield's new album...' etc etc. I liked the term 'wonderful'!! My curtains of consciousness were immediatley raised and that along with a dig in the ribs from my husband made me leap out of bed. Fantastic! Want to hear more, but will wait!!

So, it's now on national radio in the UK..keep listening!

:)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 09:31

Are you sure that wasn't just a dream... Such enthusiasm on UK national radio sounds too good to be true to me!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 12:59

You mean they didnt play the whole thing....cheap skates :D

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 13:24

I just checked Matt, on the listen again feature of the show, and at around 6.20 am, just after the thought for the day, it really did happen!! And yes, I have now listenend to it several times and yes, I love it, it is like swimming in chocolate!!

And that was quite enough excitement for me at that time of the morning Ray, any more & I'd have been completely impossible to live with!

link here

select LISTEN , then Sarah Kennedy.

:)

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 15:41

Ooooh you're right. Sounds like an extract from the track "prophecy" (its one of the samples available on tb.net if you follow the MOTS link on the home page). Fits well into the programme.

Mind you she does just say "The Great Mike Oldfield" rather than mentioning that it's a new album. Still better than nothing!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 16:51

Sarah Kennedy is apparently going to be playing parts of it regularly on Radio 2, leading up to the release. Like I've said before, Universal seem very keen to promote this album...

We ought to put together a little area on the front page with some links to all the articles and radio shows that have featured Mike recently, to make it a bit easier to keep track of all this stuff.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 21:58

Sarah Kennedy has been playing tracks from Music of the Spheres on her morning show on BBC Radio 2. She will, we're told, be playing more in the coming weeks.

Thanks, Don Williams and bee
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2008, 07:21

A very short excerpt of Harbinger Reprise.. at 26 minutes in. That's one click of the +15 minutes and 2 clicks of the +5 minutes buttons  ;)

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2008, 12:43

Quote (olracUK @ Feb. 12 2008, 07:21)
A very short excerpt of Harbinger Reprise.. at 26 minutes in.

I heard that too, today, excellent way to get the morning off to a good start. Looking forward to tomorrow now. ;)

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2008, 18:13

Quote (bee @ Feb. 12 2008, 17:43)
excellent way to get the morning off to a good start. Looking forward to tomorrow now. ;)

Except my alarm goes off at 7:20, followed by a short expletive and a hit of the snooze button. And it's set to Radio Local not Radio 2.

So setting it for 6:20 and radio 2 will not be excellent, even with 30 seconds of MoTS  :zzz:   :/

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2008, 14:01

'Empyrean' this morning ! ...Must be a different track everyday this week following ' Pause for Thought' ... maybe next week as well ?

Neil
Profile PM 
10 replies since Feb. 11 2008, 21:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net