Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music of the Spheres EPK download< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 09:28

The Music of the Spheres electronic press kit video is now available for download from the Universal Classics & Jazz German page.

Thanks, oldfield.de

Update Oct 22: The video is also available on Amazon.co.uk.
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 10:23

The sound on this video is sooo much better than on the mp3's I've heard, so much better!  :cool:

Mike wore glasses. :D
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 11:48

Well - I must say: this is the most prommising I've heared for years! I feel this is the best album since TB III.

By the way: If you want to win your own copy - you can have a go in my competition. I know I havn't been very good at updating lately... Sorry about that, but I really have had much to do. I'll try to get better  :/

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 11:57

Wonderful! Seeing Karl Jenkins and Mike talking so optomistically and excitedly about this collaboration - the sound does sound so much better than the early downloads. I hope this trailer gets aired in all the right places and with considerable air time as I feel many people should hear about this :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 12:12

Anybody know how to get this video to download in full onto the computer to watch anytime offline?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Afgyhi Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 12:17

Quote (Harmono @ Sep. 25 2007, 16:23)
The sound on this video is sooo much better than on the mp3's I've heard, so much better!  :cool:

I totaly agree!! Though it was realtime format it sounded really good! Now I really cant wait for the album!!!

Mike looks great too!!!

--------------
Crises! Crises!!
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 12:54

Am I missing something ? ..the video I have streaming down is a very inferior 50kbps quality video ! Far worst than the mp3 download !

Neil  :(
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 13:02

Quote (timshen @ Sep. 25 2007, 18:12)
Anybody know how to get this video to download in full onto the computer to watch anytime offline?

EPK

:p
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 13:34

Watching this little video merely affirms what I knew already - that Karl Jenkins has one of the most splendid moustaches in the country.
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 13:37

Better Quality downloadable version:-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LRH4VTPA

Neil  :)

P.S. Found via the Spanish fan site:-                    

http://www.lacoctelera.com/mikeoldfield ..
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 13:55

Quote (HuanCry @ Sep. 25 2007, 18:54)
Am I missing something ? ..the video I have streaming down is a very inferior 50kbps quality video ! Far worst than the mp3 download !

Neil  :(

In my case it says 450kbps.  Nevertheless it's great small video and I really like ending.  "Is this classic music?  Hm... It's my idea of classic music anyway" :D  Go Mike go!  Looking forward for more of your classic music as this time you got one of the best albums I have heard in years in general.  And it might be that this may open a new world of ideas (realization) to Mike too (just don't rush).
Profile PM WEB 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 13:59

Yaaaay. This is WAY COOL. Thank you everyone, especially Mike :)

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 15:45

Quote (gbcrvh @ Sep. 25 2007, 18:55)
I really like ending.  "Is this classic music?  Hm... It's my idea of classic music anyway" :D  Go Mike go!

Seconded on loving that quote from Mike. Love the way he delivers it as well. Attitude and confidence in what he is doing. Great to see.

Did I feel a hint of antagonism from Karl in those clips or was that my imagination? Mike talking about creating things on his computer than Karl saying in an almost resigned voice "I ended up with these fragments of ideas". Mike however seems to talk very respectfully of Karl and his abilities?

p.s. Many thanks to all those who helped make this clip available in various ways!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 25 2007, 16:12

wow, i get really chills of this.
I have a feeling of sucsess..... :)
Anyway!
I think MOTS is getting better and better for everytime i hear it. This could be some of his greatest work actually.
in my personally top 10 at least!!

I had my first listen on my mp3 player while i took the train to oslo yesterday, and the journey was amazing. On the train was a perfect place to hear it. I could see all the landscapes and colourful autumn natur move into the music. It was just like a music video.. So powerful!

I cant wait for the album release!
It will be perfect to play this in my living room while i drink some redwine  :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 01:50

It's on YouTube now at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpwGDjDOx-I   :D

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 06:49

Nice EPK,but I did miss some bits of Mike playing the classical or flamenco guitar  :/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ironmike Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 08:59

Quote (Matt @ Sep. 25 2007, 15:45)
Did I feel a hint of antagonism from Karl in those clips or was that my imagination? Mike talking about creating things on his computer than Karl saying in an almost resigned voice "I ended up with these fragments of ideas". Mike however seems to talk very respectfully of Karl and his abilities?

I, too, find a bit strange the choice of words from Karl "I ended up with fragments of ideas", but I think a little bit of rivalry is unavoidable when you put two great figures to work together.
Especially when Mike is kind of invading the space of "popular contemporary classical music composers" which Karl didn't share with so many people so far.
Maybe this is an example of why Mike doesn't like collaborations....
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 10:12

It could be also easily been taken out of contest.  What Mike has done might really look as pieces to the world of Karl.. after all Mike said himself he didn't know how to translate it... so I would not go that far in conspiracy theories. :D
Profile PM WEB 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 11:05

Quote (ironmike @ Sep. 26 2007, 08:59)
Maybe this is an example of why Mike doesn't like collaborations...

I think you are reading far too much from this bit. It sounds to me like Mike had ideas, but couldn't connect them together, so he went to Karl who did it and that's about it...

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Sep. 26 2007, 11:44

Quote (Navaira @ Sep. 26 2007, 16:05)
I think you are reading far too much from this bit. It sounds to me like Mike had ideas, but couldn't connect them together, so he went to Karl who did it and that's about it...

I hope you are right. I just recall having slight "bad vibes" from pretty much every comment and mannerism from Karl in the EPK video compares to the enthusiasm and respect coming from Mike...

As gbcrvh said, could be just taken out of context (or was it in fact a "contest" ;) ). Also as I said, I could just be imagining things!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
42 replies since Sep. 25 2007, 09:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net