Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music Of The Spheres artwork< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 16 2007, 18:21

Quote (ImAFoolAndImLaughing @ Aug. 07 2007, 03:39)
It looks a bit too mathematical for me - I hope that isn't reflected within the music itself. After all, that's what a lot of us disliked about L&S, wasn't it? That there was something a bit cold and "mechanical" about it?

I'd like to see a cover that reflects the kind of "organised chaos" that is so inherent in his earlier, greater works :D

Interesting you say that ImAFoolAndImLaughing...I sort of wonder if that's the very idea behind The Music of the Spheres ~the ideas of Pythagoras and mathematics being seen as rather beautiful and not at all mechanical & cold and actually very much apart of existence.

Music does make order out of chaos for us as you say.

I do still like the cover, and hope there'll be more of interest inside. Wish it was in LP format. Rather strangely, I don't instantly think of planets/spheres when I look at it but the spines of many fish come to my mind :) with all the vertebrae curved round in continuity...but that's just me!!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 05:14

Amazon.co.uk is now proudly presenting the final version of the cover - check out this page  :p

Listing page on Amazon.co.uk
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 06:06

Brill! A vast improvement...!  :laugh:

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 10:06

Why on earth has amazon done that?

It is a very classy cover mind!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Mix Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 10:30

I guess they have just messed up the image database by entering wrong ID match... A little way down below the image there is a link to send feedback about the image. I just did point the error, and hopefully they will correct the image soon.

I wonder how long it will take for someone to list this album "Midnight Stomp" by The Jazz Fiddlers as one of Mike's rare collaborations... You know, those rumours that will never die once started.  :D

Just in case Amazon.co.uk corrects the image problem soon, and people here wonder what on earth we are babbling about, here's the album-image they use(d) for "Music of the Spheres" there:

Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 10:37

mike's midnight stomp :D  :p

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 12:31

Hahahaha...it make me very curious about how they actually sounds...  :D

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 12:47

Everyone has got to admit though it is way better and hopefully captures the flavor of the album more. They do need to correct the type set though, people won't know its Mike.
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 17:10

I guess he played that double bass at the back but he was just out for 5 minutes when the picture was taken.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2007, 05:30

They look so groovy! I've got to check 'em out!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
89 replies since Aug. 02 2007, 14:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net