Posted: Oct. 17 2012, 15:17

Received it just today.
131/500
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 17 2012, 16:56

Quote (Hifiguru @ Oct. 17 2012, 00:54)
received copy 61/500 bit late here in finland and other mo collector here received copy 59/500 so it looks like lower numbers getting delivered last :P

I guess I ordered mine nicely in half way of the sales then... got my #251/500 today :)
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2012, 00:42

Yesterday nr. 203 / 500 arrived at my doorstep. Idiots actually did place it there literally!!!! It fell in when my wife opened the door. It wasn' t damaged but I guess that's just a big luck considering the weather lately... Maybe that's why there are 570??? To be able to replace damaged versions?
Profile PM 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2012, 05:34

I am coordinating an event here for all those folks that have received damaged items or have not received the item at all.

Go here www.facebook.com/events/413597022027179/ and add a comment either Damaged or Not Received if this applies to you and I'll take up the case with Universal.

Paul
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2012, 07:57

Quote (Reena @ Oct. 19 2012, 00:42)
Yesterday nr. 203 / 500 arrived at my doorstep. Idiots actually did place it there literally!!!! It fell in when my wife opened the door. It wasn' t damaged but I guess that's just a big luck considering the weather lately... Maybe that's why there are 570??? To be able to replace damaged versions?

Similar thing happened to me once too. The LP (it was signed Incantations I think) was not sent as a package, but as a letter. (Physically it was packed well, but it was marked as a letter) Because it did not fit in our Post box, the postman put it under it right on the pavement. Imagine that! Anyone walking around in the street could have taken it and it was even supposed to rain that day! I was furious!
Luckily our street is quite calm and we live in a house with some lawn from the main street, but anyway...
I got in contact with our post office and ask them to better store it in the office if they can't reach anyone home.
I understand they've got their stamdard procedures of handling different types of letters and packages, but imho sometimes they could use their brains over blind rules.
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2012, 11:24

I woudnt mind a damaged one !!!
I am sure they will not contact me with even a damaged copy.
Universal always send there goods by the cheapest post possable,and if it gets lost , hard luck, they just do not care.

Off the subject a bit , but its like the mess with the Beatles Love Me Do 50th anniversary single, EMI pressed the wrong version and the B side had the wrong catalogue number. They re pressed the right version and still put the wrong number on it !
Record companies just do not care.
Profile PM 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2012, 05:37

Anyone else that received a damaged Olympic opening ceremony on vinyl, or like me did not receive it at all please go to this facebook event that I have set up here:

www.facebook.com/events/413597022027179/ and add a comment either Damaged or Not Received if this applies to your order.

I'm going to contact Universal shortly and need as many people as possible.

Click this link to add your comments:

Damaged or did not receive Olympic vinyl from Universal
Profile PM 
Olly Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2012, 14:56

Quote (manintherain @ Oct. 17 2012, 08:18)
That adds to my conclusion. I placed my order very early and received #470.

Same thing here #455/500
Profile PM 
47 replies since Oct. 01 2012, 13:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net