Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mr Shame, Reference to playbackers?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Rileman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 23 2021, 11:35

I just listened to 'Mr Shame' after randomly watching some of Mike live shows from late 80's. Or maybe earlier that that, I'm meaning all of those live shows were it's so obvious that it's playback, when not a single instrument are plugged in, sometimes not even the vocal microphones.
I understand and feel with Mike for his love and passion for music, but sadly you have to do all this [playback] against your own will, to promote etc. Maybe Mike thought of himself, except for Mr Branson, when he wrote this? And also all other honest musicians who would play great without playback?
Just a thought..

--------------
It's not easy going where no-one goes, and no-one knows...
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: April 24 2021, 13:31

Hello Rileman,

Nice explanation.
I think it's possibly also about Richard Branson. He talks about 'a victim of that money bug in your blood', 'no price you can pay to help you find your way'.
Maybe Mike felt he wasn't heard, when he sang: "I know your're out there, I'm calling your name, Mr Shame".

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: April 24 2021, 13:52

oh mr shame is definitely a cut about branson, the ungrateful wretch who - like all the super rich - has never enough moneymoneymoney! this is the man who asked the UK to bail out virgin air to the tune of 500million GBP. meanwhile he chiseled his way to a fortune, at the expense of artists who don't have a callus over their heart.
Profile PM 
2 replies since April 23 2021, 11:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net