Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MOWD now on-line, Mike Oldfield Worldwide Discography< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
crises1980 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 04 2009, 19:59

http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/mowd/

MOWD (Mike Oldfield Worldwide Discography) is a project of the most comprehensive online discography, compiling every single release related to Mike Oldfield from 1968 to date.

MOWD is an interactive database with three main features:

* Editable contents: Collectors can update the general database with yet unlisted items or even revise the ones already listed. Cooperation among collectors will make MOWD a valuable source of information to fill in all the gaps in your lists!
   * Generate your own collection: Collectors or casual fans can check the items they already have and MOWD will generate individual printable lists for everyone. Just tick the boxes and MOWD will generate your personalised database.
   * Interact with other users and trade your treasured items: Collectors can trade or sell their spare items with other users for free, or even set items as wanted.

From 1997 to 2002 Mr Rainer Münz's 'Tubular World' was the treasure box of Mike Oldfield collectors. With the same purpose but with a collective spirit and a developed technology, MOWD opens in 2009 to became the Mike Oldfield Collector's Information Vault. From the fans, for the fans!

Collectors from all over the world are welcome to join and make MOWD bigger and better.

MOWD is a side-project from Mike-Oldfield.es team, the largest Internet social network devoted to Mike Oldfield. Register now at www.Mike-Oldfield.es and set your own collection.
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2009, 16:23

Now IMAGES feature is updated!

You should pay a visit to the website. :)

Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2009, 11:40

few comments & feedback about it so far....

we should be able to edit our item country if making mistake when submittin them (had to redo couple items when i put wrong country at first)

should be made able to organize "my items" in order of own submitted items etc so it would be easier to browse especially if there is like 15 pages of them and i want to find few items i need to add image or something.

i would like to see more than 15 items per page (50 would be good)

i would like to see feature to be able to upload image to other peoples items because i see some items that they not having picture or they are not very good (usually too small).

need some admin activity i spotted too many doubles and wrongly placed items from lists ;)

also i would like to see somekind search engine so it would be easier to look things around.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2009, 12:47

Quote (Hifiguru @ Feb. 09 2009, 11:40)
few comments & feedback about it so far....

we should be able to edit our item country if making mistake when submittin them (had to redo couple items when i put wrong country at first)

should be made able to organize "my items" in order of own submitted items etc so it would be easier to browse especially if there is like 15 pages of them and i want to find few items i need to add image or something.

i would like to see more than 15 items per page (50 would be good)

i would like to see feature to be able to upload image to other peoples items because i see some items that they not having picture or they are not very good (usually too small).

need some admin activity i spotted too many doubles and wrongly placed items from lists ;)

also i would like to see somekind search engine so it would be easier to look things around.

I've talked to MOWD programmer and...

* Editing item country: CHECK!

* To order items by own submission: Only mods can do it. I'll ask Mike-Bell to give you mod privilege. :)

* Seeing more than 15 items per page: CHECK! (first column, down)

* Uploading images for any item: CHECK!

* Search engine: there has been a debate about this and I think Mike-Bell is working on it. :)
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2009, 13:09

That looks great, nice work!
Profile PM 
Ciderginaspro Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 14:00

great job,
thanks and congratulations
:)
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 14:20

Thank you for your comments.

MOWD has now almost 1500 items listed so far!

We'd like to see MO fans and collector's from all over the world joining this project. :)
Profile PM 
Atane Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2009, 09:07

Huge thanks and congratulations for this hard work!!It should deserve its own news on the Tubular.net homepage!
I'll try to contribute as soon as I can...
Regards from Paris.

Atane.
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2009, 14:44

Just an update: we've reached almost 1700 items!

And more than 1000 Mike Oldfield releases with pictures!!!

Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2009, 22:09

Well done, a big thumbs up from oz fans.    deb
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: May 07 2009, 15:41

bump...it needs more active users, now there is only like ~10% other than spanish users + it needs some advertising.
Also i would like it to have its own domain name so it would be easier to remember and access.

maybe tubular.net should been made such database in first place to be international and catch most MO collectors.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: May 08 2009, 00:42

May I recommend you find an easier domain name that the lame
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/mowd/  !

;)
crises1980 Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2015, 23:36

MOWD can be accessed now at http://www.mike-oldfield.es/mowd/

After 6 years more than 5,000 entries have been created in the database!
Profile PM 
12 replies since Feb. 04 2009, 19:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net