Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MOTR Chart positions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 17 2014, 09:45

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Mar. 17 2014, 08:28)
Quote (larstangmark @ Mar. 14 2014, 20:21)
Does he are about chart positions?

Well, he posted a facebook message the other day where he said he was very happy about the album's chart position!  :D

That's him being polite, I honestly don't think he cares about the chart position, if the album went in at 40 or 1 it wouldn't change his decision to record more music!!

Of course he cares! No musician, other than the really underground and hardcore ones, would not be happy to see his album reaching a good position. And besides, no matter how much passion for music his have, he has a living to make. That is nothing to be ashamed of.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Black Bunik Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 17 2014, 09:51

If he did not care he would not write this on facebook:
"Hi everybody,
We are all so, so pleased with the chart positions, not only in the UK but everywhere! I am doing some USA interviews this week too, so the Album is going very well indeed.
Thanks for all your comments. I am editing Moonshine for Radio at the moment and it is surprising that it is still VERY powerful even in shortened form. I am experimenting putting the whole mix through my new NEVE outboard rack of analogue effects. All good so "ONWARD " Love Mike"

:)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 17 2014, 11:05

Quote (Black Bunik @ Mar. 17 2014, 13:51)
I am experimenting putting the whole mix through my new NEVE outboard rack of analogue effects.

Why do I feel so apprehensive when I read things like that? ;)
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2014, 18:10

Not sure if it will even touch the charts here in Oz - it's not even on the shelves in most stores.  I'm trying to track down a copy of the 2CD set as I like to support 'bricks and mortar' as much as I can but I may have to give up the ghost and go online.
Profile PM 
backwoodsman Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2014, 03:20

Number 84 this week in UK. It seems like MOTR is disappearing from the charts soon.

It is still number 8 in Spain.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2014, 07:13

Quote (backwoodsman @ Mar. 24 2014, 07:20)
Number 84 this week in UK. It seems like MOTR is disappearing from the charts soon.

It is still number 8 in Spain.

IMHO,something may have been preventing UK promo for MOTR  compared to other albums.Even with MOTS was even better then!

We all know how strong Mike's fan base is in Continental Europe,which is a good sign too.But the UK has been quite a struggle for ages...better say,decades.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Legend Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2014, 10:27

Denmark: from 15 to 23.
Profile PM 
Nordlicht Offline

Posted: April 12 2014, 21:44

in Germany (germancharts.com):
starting March 21st 2014: #3 :-))
last week: #48
this week (April 14th 2014): #74
Profile PM 
27 replies since Mar. 09 2014, 16:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net