ian Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 15 2010, 15:55

Does anyone know what he died of ?
Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: May 15 2010, 16:14

I just found this reply from Morris in my email from 28th Feb 2005.

"Hi Ian,Thanks for your recent e-mail and for your very kind words - I do remember that Manchester gig! It seems a lifetime ago! I've retired from active playing now to concentrate on writing - contemporary classical,electronics,fusion etc.and work in my small studio in the very far north-west of Scotland,well away from the hustle and bustle of studio session work which I did for 20 years.Keep enjoying your music! All the best. Morris."
Profile PM WEB 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 15 2010, 17:09

Quote (ian @ May 15 2010, 15:55)
Does anyone know what he died of ?

"Suspected heartattack", which usually means that he just died without a warning. It's the best way to go for sure. But hell it was too early!

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Jeannie Offline

Posted: May 27 2010, 11:20

I am not sure if I am posting this in the corrrect spot;  but I will anyway.

Dear Friends:

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your entries following Morris's passing.
I am Morris's fiancee (Jeannie);  and the loss I am feeling, and will feel for the rest of my life; is enormous.

Morris loved his work; he spoke so lovingly of his time with the Oldfield Band (they were a team he said!;);  and he loved his fans.  As many of you know, he "loved, he really loved to perform!!!"

Thankyou from the bottom of my broken heart for taking the time; to include your thoughts of him.  He would have been very humbled;  yet pleased.

Hug those close to you today

Jeannie xox
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: May 27 2010, 12:26

Jeannie . Thank you very much ! Morris was a great artist and i'll never forget his artistic performances  ! Unfortunately for me and other guys to my generation , we start to see the great artists from the Seventies dying and i'm sad and i'm frightened to watch the things going away without being able to do anything against that !

... i don't know if it's correct in English but   " Be strong and courageous Jeannie ! All my sympathy to you !"

Friendly !

Philippe
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 28 2010, 00:19

A truly unique performer.
My earliest Drumming Influence for his work on "Five Miles Out".
I feel exactly as Philippe does, and I think all of us here at Tube net wish him Love and Light.
Deepest sympathy's Jeannie.
Cameron.
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: May 29 2010, 07:47

Oh...what a pity. It has been such a joy listening and watch him playing on all those recordings. May he live on forever through the music.
RiP Morris.

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: May 29 2010, 09:44

RIP morris,a true gentleman!
Profile PM 
Jeannie Offline

Posted: May 31 2010, 09:18

Quote (Jeannie @ May 27 2010, 11:20)
I am not sure if I am posting this in the corrrect spot;  but I will anyway.

Dear Friends:

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your entries following Morris's passing.
I am Morris's fiancee (Jeannie);  and the loss I am feeling, and will feel for the rest of my life; is enormous.

Morris loved his work; he spoke so lovingly of his time with the Oldfield Band (they were a team he said!;);  and he loved his fans.  As many of you know, he "loved, he really loved to perform!!!"

Thankyou from the bottom of my broken heart for taking the time; to include your thoughts of him.  He would have been very humbled;  yet pleased.

Hug those close to you today

Jeannie xox

I have started a fan page on facebook (and I'm not very good at it ; just type in Morris Pert under groups.  There are two;  one where you can post comments. :).......  if you'd like to spread the word;  I would love fans of Morris to join us there.  )
Once again;  thankyou all so much for your support.  It means so much to me now.  :)
Jeannie xx
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 31 2010, 12:25

Very interesting info about him:

http://news.scotsman.com/obituaries/Obituary-Morris-Pert.6260711.jp

Hope that his latest work can be released soon. So sad he's not with us anymore  :/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 08:39

Come on people,please join the facebook group and just say hello!! :)
Profile PM 
30 replies since May 09 2010, 19:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net