Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: More soon…, There is more…< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Platinumpty Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 27 2023, 04:23

There’s a new interview with Branson on the Virgin site on the 50th TB anniversary. Richard Branson writes:

“Mike worked on perfecting Tubular Bells whenever there was a spare moment of studio time at The Manor, aided wonderfully by the brilliant producer Tom Newman. Tom has been involved, along with Paul Harris and Simon Hayworth, on an exciting new version of Tubular Bells – more on that soon…”

I admit I’m confused as to whether this was the previously released group effort TB that Tom released a couple of years ago, or yet another version…

Could be what Mike meant by “more soon…”?
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 27 2023, 11:21

I also read that and thought the same, that article was published the same day as the Virgin Galactic flight, so it could have been written about the same time, so, I wonder if Richard knows something we don't? maybe Mike has continued with TB4?
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: May 27 2023, 13:12

Quote (Platinumpty @ May 27 2023, 04:23)
the previously released group effort TB that Tom released a couple of years ago

What was it about ?
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Posted: May 27 2023, 16:52

There’s a new interview with Branson on the Virgin site on the 50th TB anniversary. Richard Branson writes:

“Mike worked on perfecting Tubular Bells whenever there was a spare moment of studio time at The Manor, aided wonderfully by the brilliant producer Tom Newman. Tom has been involved, along with Paul Harris and Simon Hayworth, on an exciting new version of Tubular Bells – more on that soon…”

I admit I’m confused as to whether this was the previously released group effort TB that Tom released a couple of years ago, or yet another version…

Sadly, in the same speech, Branson couldn't help but propagandize about his phony "space" fantasy:  "Never in my wildest dreams did I think that on the same exact day 50 years on, a spaceship built by Virgin people would be taking off headed for space".

Actually RIchard mate, "space" and "spaceships" IS a wild fantasy and you know that very well...hence why in all the decades of your spaceship company, you have accomplished what - one single very very brief alleged flight in hypothetical outer space - 30 minutes was it ?  60 miles high? lol, not very impressive when 54 years ago, astromen supposedly flew 500,000 miles (there and back) up into the sky...in a spaceship witha 30kb computer powered space-nav app lol. Along with, Richard, several aborted planned space-journeys - aborted , mind you, with no explanations offered, including one which your very own DAUGHTER was meant to be on; while branches of your space companies such as "Virgin Orbit" have gone bankrupt and dissolved into the aether; and the entire "galactic" edifice is nothing but a Ponzi scheme of unfulfilled promises, kicking the can down the road, and cheap scifi effects when necessary; a bigger wash out and worse failure,and gone even more flat (no pun intended) than your Cola brand.  It's really sad that Mike Oldfield is mixed up in all this*...specially when WAY back in 1975 he said

"Big brown beastie, big brown face, I'd rather be with you than flying through space [with that dork Branson lol]".

Branson gotta heck of a lot to answer for.

Note that "the Virgin Group conglomerate retains an 11.9% stake [in Virgin Galactic] through Virgin Investments Limited" meaning namely that 1. Branson isn't even anything like a majority shareholder; the main owner and investor will turn out to be no doubt the US government (= the NASA) just as it is with the Space-X and the Blue Origins; and 2. the figure of 11.9 is intentionally chosen as it invert 9:11 (as in Rev 9:11 "they had for a king the angel of the bottomless abyss, Apollo [lit Apollyon] by name).  And let's not even get started on Branson and Epstein Island.......... Branson, Prince Andrew, Bono...yes, Bono...Bob Geldof, Bill Gates, Bill Clinton, Weinstein, Jay-Z, Beyonce,Trump, Alan Dershowitz, Woody Allen, Steve Bannon, Tony Blair, Alec Baldwin, Bloomberg, Naomi Campbell, Phil Collins (and I genuinely like Phil, too, a musical genius), Mick Jagger, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Steven Hawking(! ) & 100s more like them ....all on the Epstein flightlogs.  No wonder Mike retired from this filthy corrupt world.

* Granted that in The Songs of Distant Earth the liner notes include words from Arthur C. Clarke** about "space" and all of that - albeit that he references nothing but scifi, Star Trek, warp-speed and so on - but the fact that MGO himself chose to illustrate the artwork with stingrays and ocean waters in "space" is abundant evidence that he was not buying into it all and only used Clarke's work and ideas as purely fictional inspiration for his music.

** Don't let's start about Arthur C. Clarke (may he rest in peace) and his own special island get-away (Shri Lanka)...his various boy "companions"...I believe there was one young man who was particularly dear to him..because that's a completely different story again.
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Posted: May 27 2023, 17:19

Besides, note that it says "Tom, Paul and Simon  have been involved in an exciting new version of TB"..

So...Tim, Paul and Simon but..not Mike, then?  Since Mr Oldfield never leaves his home in  the Caribbean, unless the above 3 gentlemen traveled there for an extended period of time, it's impossible that they could be working on an album of new music with the composer himself; it surely wouldnt work to produce an album via trading OneDrive attachments with a collaborator as in the case of Tubular Beats for example.  Also, "a new version of TB" sounds like just that: a remastered or retouched version of ...TB (the original).  Nowhere does it indicate 1. that Mr Oldfield himself is involved or 2. that "the exciting new version of TB" means anything other than a new version of the original TB album; nothing to suggest a brand new album of new music, ie Tubular Bells 4.

Frankly, the whole statement by Sir Richard, the musical references, looks like little more than window dressing around the promotional material for the make believe outer space spaceship business. Ah, the cad! :/
Profile PM 
4 replies since May 27 2023, 04:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net