Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: More Mike Oldfield's equipment for sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
fragile Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 08 2008, 14:14

Hi all! I bought Mikes Wal bass for a very fair price. Also the other guitars that were sold in 2006 (exept the fender tele) had  normal vintage prices.
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2008, 17:00

Hey Mr M.

I agree with you. Prices in 2006 were correct....

Regards

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2008, 15:32

Yep - 2006 prices were very good.   I think they (Chandlers) got a big surprise in how quickly they all sold.

R :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2008, 16:14

Quote (Taurus Outcast @ Sep. 08 2008, 14:30)
perfect information wasnt available to the public at large a year ago

No but the wikipedia definition of 'wideboys' was   :D  

20% mark up is quite alot for old electronic and amplifier kit.   I wasn't talking about guitars - just the kit, but since you mention it

20% is also quite alot for a £50000 guitar, which started out at £20000, then increased every time one made a bid.  So yes - i didn't buy that one and neither did anyone else.  Despite being told at the time that there was this guy who was desparate for the guitar and was offering much more than me.  so I got the distinct impression that the price was being ramped artificially.  Funny, when I pulled out the guitar was not sold.  And from what I gather still isn't (but i'm not absolutely sure of that).  Or perhaps this was Mike or his management team ramping the price,  who knows.

Also from the last batch of guitars (valuation plus 20%) - is anyone else still waiting for the signed letters of authenticity from Chandlers?  They were to be forthcoming next time they spoke to Mr O's management team.

So there is a pattern building up here.  High prices (due to market force or whatever - but still 20% higher than vintage valuation).

Nice guys to deal with.  But wideboys,

(and now they will probably never sell me the PRS  :D  )

Yoo Hoo  
Ray  :cool:

PS  Mr Y - you will have to put in a bid for me!!!!!!! Hee hee.

PPS - Everyone that bought guitars in 2006 may not be aware that the trade boys had already been in and looked at the guitars and not bought any for re-selling as they were already above market price - this I was told by a guy who deals in vintage guitars, in writing.

PPPS - I still think that the 2006 prices were very acceptable - and if I had been quick enough no one else would have the SG's and PRS's, as I would have bought them all for fear of them going to live in that glass box in the Hard Rock Cafe in China!!!  As it turned out i am very happy they went to fans and hope they are being enjoyed as much as the ones I have.

Perhaps rather than pointing out that .....when you deal with those guys you need to have you wits about you and negotiate... I should have said.......  the prices are really good, probably on the low side and they are such nice guys you should offer them 10% more just because they are so bad at making money.  The marketing equivalent of "narrowboats" in fact.   :D  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2008, 08:22

If they (Chandler) had known in 2006 they would have sold Mike's guitars very very more expensive. They (guitars) were sold very quickly and I definetely agree with my friend Ray.

Oups...I said "my friend". He is still my friend because I have not received the PRS yet
:D

PS: when I say "sold more expensive" I meant to the fans, not to the trade boys!

--------------

Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Sep. 18 2008, 12:01

The prices in 2006 were all right.

But I got the impression that some of the guitars sold later were somewhat increased in price.

I could be wrong.

:laugh:
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2008, 12:09

Quote (manintherain @ Sep. 18 2008, 17:01)
I could be wrong.

:laugh:

MITR

I have never known you to be wrong yet .... about the guitars!

And from now on you shall be know as MITR (3G)... not because you have the capability to receive mobile broadband but because you own three of the guitars!!!    (:))   (:))

Cheers ... und so weiter....

Ray
(3G)
:D  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
akd Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2011, 17:58

This may have been posted elsewhere, but Mike's Ramirez 1999 Short Scale Offset Classical seems to be for sale from 'The Fellowship of Acoustics' (see Ramirez Link and The Fellowship of Acoustics)

The price is not listed. All the provenance looks perfect. According to the Instruments page, this guitar was previously sold at Chandler Guitars in January 2008.

I know that someone out there will know exactly where and when this guitar was used. Good luck to anyone who is interested in it and please let us know more - especially if you purchase it!
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2011, 18:10

this is the one that was on Ebay recently for thousands of pounds, can't remember how much but it was a fortune
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2011, 04:22

It´s still being offered for 10.500 Euro.

Ramirez C530 1a konzert Requinto ex MIKE OLDFIELD

:(
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2011, 07:41

If you want to know anything about Mike's guitars, ask manintherain....!

:D

--------------

Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2011, 13:56

Merci beaucoup!

;)
Profile PM 
31 replies since Sep. 01 2008, 17:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net