Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: More ideas...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 01 2000, 20:42

Peter Gabriel explored some interesting ideas with his multimedia project 'EVE'. That had a lot of interactive musical toys...I think Mike is planning something like this already.
I kind of like the idea of leaving things open - having a sort of "Explore Mike Oldfield's mind" type of thing (although who knows what we'd find in there).
Taking the interactive music thing a step further, maybe there could be a way of users connecting up (a sort of network play type thing) and jamming with each other using whatever musical tools Mike has chosen to create (EVE did it by having preset backings and samples you could choose between - this would be a good way of doing things, although Mike may want to try something more complex and create virtual instruments or something). Perhaps Mike would enjoy jamming with users of his creation like this...

There are some ideas...I'm sure I (and others) will think up more soon enough...
Profile PM 
mirwais57 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 16 2002, 01:23

those are good ideas. i would like it to be a lot different than normal games. mike has been known to be very unique so i hope he continues that trend with this.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2002, 15:39

As the Music VR full version will only be available to download, how about the listener choosing the mix they want from various backing tracks and lead lines, thereby each mix being unique to each consumer! That way, you get what you like, and no-one else has got it!

Cheers cool

T4

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 06 2002, 07:10

Now THAT would be interesting. But I would get annoyed that other people have got music that I haven't, because there's a chance that I might like some of their music.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Feb. 01 2000, 20:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net