Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Moonlight Shadow Version, Vampire Theme< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Deadcalm Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: July 02 2007, 10:11

Anyone seen this version before  .. Not sure who the Singer is  Anyone Know ?
http://www.trilulilu.ro/gordob/c47bf7ed71792a
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 02 2007, 13:48

I don't know who the singer is, but I've seen that version credited to DJ Mystik on the YouTube files I've come across.

I like it, but it would have been improved with some Mike-guitar. Actually, I could say that about everything.  :D

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 02 2007, 18:25

Quote (Sweatpea @ July 02 2007, 19:48)
I don't know who the singer is, but I've seen that version credited to DJ Mystik [...]

Nope, the DJ Mystik version is another one. This one, often wrongly attributed to the German dance band E-Rotic (more info about them is here on Wikipedia) is really by Missing Heart - a solo project by E-Rotic's lead vocalist at that time, Lyane Leigh, which actually was the ultimate reason for Ms. Leigh to leave E-Rotic. Both acts were produced by Swiss songwriter David Brandes. I'm very familiar with this version, which on the ID-tag of the mp3 I have is still credited to E-Rotic - I fell into the mistake as well :D - and I love it. I don't think that Mike's guitar would do much to this, either in a positive or negative way - techno/dance music doesn't really need guitars. :) I never saw the video, though... it looks like a montage from some Japanese anime (some feature film, maybe?) but it's cool. :cool:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 03 2007, 00:53

I'm not familiar with any of those artists.

techno/dance music doesn't really need guitars.

It's not a matter of need, but rather a matter of my personal preference. ;)

I believe that's one of the 'Vampire Hunter D' films.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2011, 21:18

Koji Kondo (Nintendo's musical genius) recently revealed that one of his compositions passes quality control if he stays sane after listening to it repeating for 4 or 5 hours.  I pay tribute to Mike, to Maggie, and to Lyane Leigh and David Brandes mostly, because I've had their version on for about 5 hours this weekend!

It all started with orbscureDDJ posting the Guilty video yesterday.  I realsised I'd never remembered to YouTube Moonlight Shadow on Top of the Pops.  Found it, watched it, enjoyed it... hang on!  What's all this on the right hand side?

It's not as though I'm unfamiliar with the concept of putting your choice of music to your choice of images, but I was and am still absolutely staggered at the number of Moonlight Shadows out there.  Particularly as attached to anime clips such as the Vampire Hunter D one that Sweetpea identified.  This was one of the first to catch my eye.

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylWJNWkwgbY&feature=related[/URL]

My knowledge of Tokyo Mew Mew is restricted to what was on Wikipedia yesterday, and seeing several examples I wondered if this DDR cover version had appeared in it or some other significant anime.  Well, it took a long time for the dance rythym penny to drop [Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix, rhythm-gaming fans!] and some people manage to credit Mystic Heart (and sometimes even Mike) but I re-iterate, have you seen how many of them are out there?!  I pay tribute to Groove Coverage and Aselin Debison for some variation in the mix and I've found a lot of favourite clips which won't necessarily be yours.  For example, I can recognise some of the characters from Yu-gi-oh! which means I understood one of the more mind-boggling examples out there :O ; and there's a very sweet Doctor Who one, set to the original version, with the Tenth Doctor and Rose in the Doomsday episode.  Hankies at the ready for that one!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2011, 22:38

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Mar. 13 2011, 21:18)
 Hankies at the ready for that one!

Ooer!  :O
Profile PM 
5 replies since July 02 2007, 10:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net