Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mistake on Part 4, 12:38, It is really a shame!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Nacho Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 18 2011, 03:57

This is a link (by Angel L. Valero) to the second master of Part 4 (from 12:30 to 12:44) so you can decide if you still detect any mistake for yourselves!!

http://www.porahinoes.es/taurusiv/1230a1244.wav

I personally think it is not as evident as the first edition!!
Profile PM 
Sammy Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2011, 04:06

Quote (Nacho @ Aug. 18 2011, 10:57)
This is a link (by Angel L. Valero) to the second master of Part 4 (from 12:30 to 12:44) so you can decide if you still detect any mistake for yourselves!!

http://www.porahinoes.es/taurusiv/1230a1244.wav

I personally think it is not as evident as the first edition!!

Yes, it's right there. As you say it's not nearly as evident as the first edition blooper but IMO it's still a rather embarrassingly sloppy edit.

Remember that this "rhythm bug" was not there in any of the earlier editions, so it is outrageous to maintain it would be ok to have it in the DELUXE edition.

Just my 2 cents. I'm half embarrassed to say it, but even a tiny error like this bothers me quite a bit, given the circumstances.

Anyway thanks for putting up that sample, now it's easy for anyone to decide whether the "replacement disc" error bothers them or not  :cool:
Profile PM 
neil-h Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2011, 08:58

I've emailed Universal twice within the last fortnight asking for a replacement and haven't received a replacement disc or a reply. I've emailed Universal Music support to see if they can check that my emails have been received and being acted upon.

Anyone else in the UK still awaiting their replacement CDs?
Profile PM 
bionicmic Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2011, 08:46

Received my copy today in Paris,unfortunatly,with the same bug as everyone at 12:40.
Mike ...if ever you read these topics ...
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2011, 11:00

Got my replacement disc today. Everything ok now.  :D
Profile PM 
Highlander Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2011, 08:42

I've sent this:

Hi Jon,

I received my replacement cd - thank you for that.

However, the quality of the fix is not of the standard I would expect of a professional music company. It appears that no pride or care has been taken with this 'fix' which is a poor reflection of the company.

I have heard a 'perfect' fix done by an enthusiastic amateur which proves this point.

Like many others, I had expected better treatment by yourselves of this classic piece of music.

Word travels very fast, far and wide via the internet these days and this is doing a lot of damage to future sales of this and other Mike Oldfield re-releases.

Rgds,
Brian.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:26 PM
To: Brian Gallacher
Cc: MK Customer Services
Subject: RE: Incantations CD replacement

Dear Brian,

Thanks for your email.

We are just waiting to receive the replacement copies of the new master.  As soon as these are received I will arrange for a copy to be sent to you.

Kind Regards,
Jon Moyes
Customer Services Manager
Universal Music Operations
Chippenham Drive, Kingston, Milton Keynes, MK10 0AT
Tel: +44 (0) 845 250 0965
Fax: +44 (0) 845 250 0967
Profile PM 
captainknut Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2011, 04:58

I got my replacement disc yesterday. Sounds perfect to me.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2011, 17:54

All the replacement discs are the same. It's no wonder that the second bloop sounds perfect to lots of people here, because, as I said, it's much less noticeable than the gross first one.

P.S.: Angel Valero's clip seems to be gone. I'll repost it here. This is exactly identical on all of the replacement discs.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/YNtqWT0q/1230_to_1250.html

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
bob Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2011, 09:43

These **k u*s are the one reason I have not brought this version yet I will hold fire until the fault is definatly fixed which is a shame as it is one of my favourite MO albums Im sure this has put a lot of people buying it as well.I wonder if this will effect future sales ofthe new editions as well
Bob
Profile PM 
jowie Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2011, 10:41

Quote (3Wheeler @ July 26 2011, 03:30)
Listened to it on Spotify...  Cann't hear a Big Skip on the Tk at that point.

Skip is definitely there on the Spotify version... I just listened to check. I can't believe they let this one get through! One reviewer on iTunes called "The Patster" wrote the following:

A previous reviewer metnioned the 'skip' on Part Four at around 12:37. Mike was recently interviewed and spoke about this reissue. He spoke about some of the conditions the original master tapes were in. Some kept in very damp tape storage rooms suffering harsh winters and other incidents. Considering all of this he was still able to recover a lot of information for this reissue, hence the 'tape dropout' on that section.

The idea that the tape dropout is there because of the original tape condition is ludicrous. If the tapes were that bad, then he could have referred back to the original CD masters. To suggest that the drop-out is better in any way than what could've been salvaged by copying about two seconds of audio from a previous master it preposterous. I could create my own reedit myself in about five minutes in any old sound editing program, as I've seen a lot of people have already done.

No way am I buying a remastered CD that has sub-standard editing on it. I look forward to the reissue... If that ever happens (fingers crossed)!
Profile PM 
knife edge Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2011, 04:49

I will not spend time to request a replacement cd that is not perfect... so I'll stay with my faulty new edition and the good old first cd edition (the best for me...).
In a few years I'll be able to say "I have it!"  :D , for the few who cares about it. (i.e. us :D )
Profile PM 
ForeignAffair Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2012, 04:04

As I read on some other place you just need to mail Universal Music to get a replacement for a faulty disc.

I purchased Incantations Deluxe and there was NO MISTAKE in Part4.

I am very happy to have bought this version as it really shines and is very much fun to listen to  :)

I have to admit, I didn't care a lot for Incantations before - but this changed it all! To me it is kind of an expanded 'Ommadawn reloaded' (there are similarities) and Ommadawn is my favourite so I have no regrets purchasing the Deluxe ed.  :)

I can recommend the CD to everyone who is still hesitating, the pieces on Disc 2 are almost equally good. Everyone who liked the 'Hergest ridge remaster' (I did and I did NOT like the Ommadawn remaster) or anybody who likes Incantations or Mike will be pleased as I am now....ooops I'll have to hear it again now - for the umpteenth time *pressing PLAY* :D
Profile PM 
AUTOMATIC 18 Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2012, 18:52

Why can't we send the faulty CDs back to Universal it's their fault after all and we paid good money for the deluxe edition? They have improved it in the 2012 version as I got the box set.
Profile PM WEB 
CJJC Offline

Posted: June 27 2013, 09:13

Amazon have introduced a service called "Auto-Rip" which just hit the UK today (not sure of global availability). The idea is that if you buy a CD that is eligible for Auto-Rip you immediately get the MP3s available in your Cloud Player.

This includes any participating CDs that you have ordered in the past, including the deluxe version of Incantations. I gave Part 4 a listen to see if they had uploaded a fully fixed version. They haven't. In fact - it's the rip of the original, much bigger error. Oddly I found this funny rather than infuriating.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Alor2 Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2019, 07:52

Hello

I allowed myself to bring this topic up. I assume that later produced deluxe edition copies had the disk with corrected issues? I want to buy used one. The seller claims that he originaly bought in it store about 2015/2016. Can I be sure that it is a corrected one? Also - the 1 CD editions that can be purchased currently also should be correct ones, right? (As they have the same master i think i can use the standalone edition as a replacement disk if the deluxe one i want to buy would be a bad one)

Thank You in advance for any help.
Profile PM 
94 replies since July 22 2011, 12:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net