Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mistake on Part 4, 12:38, It is really a shame!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Platinumpty Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 28 2011, 08:53

Quote (spark @ July 28 2011, 07:57)
I was told earlier this week that Universal were not going to do anything about the problem .

They probably weren't until they got bombarded by angry Tublarians... they underestimated our ears AND our voices!

That said, well done for their decision to fix the master, no doubt at no little expense, and for getting MO's sign-off so quickly too... must be balmy day in the Bahamas.

Let's hope the "fix" is a good one....
Profile PM WEB 
familyjules Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 09:32

Quote (Hifiguru @ July 28 2011, 08:18)
If i rememer they did this replacement thing also when TB ultimate vinyls were almost all dirty and scratched but i didnt bother to get replacement then.

Neither did I.  I don't think I knew about that one.  I very rarely play vinyl these days anyway.

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 09:35

Quote (BornInTheUK @ July 28 2011, 08:53)
They probably weren't until they got bombarded by angry Tublarians... they underestimated our ears AND our voices!

Let's hope the "fix" is a good one....

I wonder how much of the sea change was down to the people on this very forum?  If we did make a difference, then that makes me feel very good about grass roots people power!

I share your feelings about hoping the fix will be good.  The thought popped into my head earlier of "what if the corrected version actually sounds worse?"!  But, nah, I'm sure it won't and that I'm just being a big worrier....

Jules

--------------
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 11:08

What I dont get ,  if they knew there was a fault in the disc or the mix , then why release it . Why not wait !

Why cause problems for yourself and make your customers loose all faith in you . Madness .
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 11:18

Quote (spark @ July 28 2011, 11:08)
What I dont get ,  if they knew there was a fault in the disc or the mix , then why release it . Why not wait !

Why cause problems for yourself and make your customers loose all faith in you . Madness .

Maybe they were aware of it it but just let it fly anyway...
  :/

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
NeilParsons Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 11:44

My signature is quite significant... truly I would expect more from Mike, in spite of a little gap in this track of the album, but he has completely disappointed me in everything.

BTW, this is my first post in this forum.

--------------
No incantation at all...
Profile PM WEB 
benouille Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 12:47

Quote (spark @ July 28 2011, 11:08)

Maybe Universal just hire only cloth-eared nincompoops  :p  :D
Profile PM 
Bell Boy Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 13:34

Re the glitch...
Whoever mastered it MUST of heard it... this is why I think that the Glitch is a digital glitch,done when the Re-mastered  version was put onto the Master Cd to go to the pressing plant....

The guys who mastered it are professionals and wouldn't leave that in.....Its not on the original CD versions....
Its definitely not the fault of the original master tapes.
It should have been checked by Universal before going to press... Shocking really....

Re the artwork reproduction of the original cover...
I agree ...its such bad quality..again I cant believe that they couldn't get a better quality picture/scan of the original artwork...

So here we go...lets email and return all copies...what a nightmare........

Platinum next....wonder what adventures we have coming our way from Universal ....!????????????????
So far 2/10 for effort....
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 13:47

Quote (Bell Boy @ July 28 2011, 13:34)
So here we go...lets email and return all copies...what a nightmare........

They're saying we don't have to return 'em.  I think that may bump up your 2/10 mark!

They're also claiming it wasn't a digital skip btw...

Jules

--------------
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 14:15

That's handy. It means that as long as I can grin and bear it for a few weeks, I don't have to do the fix myself (or upload a new part 4 for you lot in an encryted ZIP with loads of clues about how to work out the password using the inlay booklet of the album).

I genuinely didn't think they'd make it worth their while so fair play to them.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 14:52

Oops... Just seeing this thread...

I reacted in another thread. Anyway, I've sent two emails to ask for replacements as soon as these are available...

If this is the solution than I'm very happy, regarding my experience with the Ultimate Edition of TB...

;)
Profile PM 
NeilParsons Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 15:35

Maybe I was a bit rude at the beginning of my entrance at these forums about this release, but I could feel better if once I've bought my own copy (either standard or Deluxe edition) I would recall Universal for its replacement. Hope not to lose anything else on the way.

"Aaaaaah, another one!!! Please, forgive us!!!" - I fear of Universal's clerks shouting this when receiving our mails...  :laugh:

--------------
No incantation at all...
Profile PM WEB 
BlueTape Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 16:30

CJJC

I actually did make a fix and download of part 4 on page one which no one seems to have seen or used, so i will be taking it down tomorrow.

So far I've actually had one person thank me and that wasnt even in here, so even if you did make a fix for others then you probally won't of been acknowledged for it.

--------------
my music website
www.bluetape.co.uk
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: July 28 2011, 17:00

Quote (BlueTape @ July 28 2011, 16:30)
I actually did make a fix and download of part 4 on page one which no one seems to have seen or used, so i will be taking it down tomorrow.

So far I've actually had one person thank me and that wasnt even in here

I'm sorry you feel hard done by.

I, for one, haven't read page 1 of this thread.

It might be too late - but thank you for your efforts!

Jules

--------------
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 04:31

CJJC

So far I've actually had one person thank me and that wasnt even in here, so even if you did make a fix for others then you probally won't of been acknowledged for it.

I saw that you had, which is another reason why I didn't rush to do it. I didn't use it, but thank you anyway for doing it.

Right, while we're all posting our replies from Universal, here's mine. Like one of the first people to do this, my name is also Christopher:

Quote (MK Customer Services @ July 29 2011, 08:57)
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your email.

We are just waiting to receive the replacement copies of the new master.  As soon as these are received I will arrange for a copy to be sent to you.

Kind Regards,

J** M****
Customer Services Manager

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
robo2009 Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 09:08

CJJC

I too didnt notice your link which i now have, so thanks from me.!!
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 09:40

Every time I read the title of this thread I have to keep reminding myself that they haven't bizarrely put "Mistake" on the Incantations reissue.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 10:49

Out in Menorca now - first time I´ve looked at the net and all this hassle with Incantations.  I think I´ll nip up to Cala Pregonda tonight with my old trust original version and headphones and lose a few hours!  Ahem.
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 10:53

Nice avatar, Captain!

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
NeilParsons Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 19:32

Well, finally I changed my mind and bought Deluxe edition today evening, unless I'll wait to open it in my name's day, this next Sunday. I know a part of  its contents thanks to comments and Spotify listening and there's a bit of excitement of how it can be the rest of items included, though listened little excerpts online. I got a little idea, but I need to listen to them complete and carefully.

--------------
No incantation at all...
Profile PM WEB 
94 replies since July 22 2011, 12:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net