Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mistake 7" single, Labels?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Kiwwy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 01 2011, 11:38

Was the Mistake single ever releasted with a custom label, like Moonlight Shadow and SOTW was?

I've only ever seen it with the green/red label.

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 02 2011, 18:01

There used to be a Canadian 7'' which had a Crises-green label on both sides (also including the "An Oldfield Music Production" bent bell logo) and a sleeve based on the Crises artwork. You can see it here.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Posted: May 03 2011, 05:13

Quote (Ugo @ May 02 2011, 19:01)
There used to be a Canadian 7'' which had a Crises-green label on both sides (also including the "An Oldfield Music Production" bent bell logo) and a sleeve based on the Crises artwork. You can see it here.

Yeah, that one is quite interesting, as Mistake wasnt on the album. Or was it in Canada?
But it always seemed to be quite expenseive when it would turn up.

The ones I was thinking about were labels like these:
http://www.argiers.com/images/singlesB/UKShadowOnTheWall_03_LabelA.jpg

http://www.argiers.com/images/singlesB/UKFamilyMan_03_LabelA.jpg

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 03 2011, 07:25

As far as I know "Mistake" was one of Mike's many non-album singles all over the world, even in Canada. :) But my guess is that the Crises album was a big hit just about everywhere (including Canada) because of "Moonlight Shadow", the Canadian branch of Virgin may have thought it good to link it somehow with the album, even though it wasn't linked at all. :D

About the labels, well, I don't remember that single having a customized label anywhere (the labels you've linked above are for 12'' records, not 7'' ones); if you can't find any on the very comprehensive Argiers website, it means there isn't any.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
3 replies since May 01 2011, 11:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net