Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Millennium Bell Discovery!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 22 2002, 22:24

I had the Millennium Bell a while before this concert, but I coldn't really get into it. THis concert made me like the album a whole lot more, and i'm glad for that.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2003, 15:40

I didn't like the way parts were obviously not really live - why did they not get the live vocalist to recite Anne Frank during Liberation instead of getting her to unconvincingly mime to Mike's daughter? And when some idiot forgot to press 'play' for the tape of radio signals during that song it was really embarrassing, you can see Mike thinking 'what's going on? err, better fill in with guitar'. Why they couldn't have really tuned in through various stations, especially considering the amazing uniqueness of what would have been being broadcast at that point in time, is beyond me! Although Moonlight Shadow and Tubular Bells Part One were great (don't want anyone to think I hated the concert!;)

Ollie

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2003, 18:16

Yeah I agree the whole thing could have been a bit more imaginative and way to much of it sounded like it was just sequenced out of  keyboards. The track Berlin2000 is I think the best thing about it though, a million times better than the hugely insipid and muddled up cheesy Thou Art in Heaven version. It proves one thing for me and that is that Mike is still capable of writing storming guitar solo's, something which has been massively lacking from his recent studio work.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Feb. 22 2002, 22:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net