Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike's telepathy game online< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 06 2002, 11:46

A telepathy game is now online at mikeoldfield.com. (Thanks, Tubular World)

On Jan 9, the answer was revealed: 32% chose the star, but Mike chose the diamond and is disappointed.
Profile PM 
Tati the Sentinel
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 06 2002, 13:50

...Give me energy to find out what shape Mike has chosen...
:cool:
IMHO,I did expect a more sophisticated game...he's waiting for our suggestions to improve it...
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 06 2002, 14:00

Quote (Guest @ Dec. 06 2002, 16:50)
...Give me energy to find out what shape Mike has chosen...
:cool:
IMHO,I did expect a more sophisticated game...he's waiting for our suggestions to improve it...

..that's me who forgot to log on from my university! :zzz:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Gandalph Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2002, 14:56

Here's my prediction:

25 % of people who vote will get the correct answer!

:laugh:  :p  :D

--------------
Yet Another Mike Oldfield Web Site - http://www.dbennett.karoo.net
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2002, 22:49

Telepathic sounds a bit like pathetic.
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2002, 23:40

eeny meny miny mo, catch a shape by its toe...

There's a one in four chance I can read everyone's mind!  haha :D
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2002, 02:48

I can't quite see the point of doing this! I mean, it's really just a poll of how many guess what shape Mike just happened to pick - to me that's just a lucky guess if you get it right and probability has it that about 25% will guess it quite by chance.

Even if you are one who is 'telepathic' and gets it right, there are others that will get it right just by chance! So what is the poll meant to show?

Sorry for being so critical..but if anyone can enlighten me as to the purpose of this....thanks!  :/

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
alexander.schweigert Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2002, 07:29

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm.....
Yes... I feel something.....
OMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm.....
Oh Yes I got it!

;-)
Alex

--------------
www.oldfield.de
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2002, 12:34

Timshen there is no purpose to it as it can't possibly work for all the reasons you describe. Mike I can think of better use's for your web site.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2002, 13:40

i had expected something different to this...
what can i say... dissappointed...
:/

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Dec. 08 2002, 19:48

Maybe Fanny Oldfield is getting too much ideas on MikeOldfield.com and forgetting to listen to her dear boyfriend's ideas...see The Smart World for example...
I don't have nothing against her...her work on his website is quite nice for me...

First,the poll results is not working.Sheeshhhhhh...

Why not give him good ideas for the telepathy game?
Mine:
I wish that the game could be linked with MusicVR,like,you have a special situation in the game,and Mike comes with 4 ideas of different things that you can do from that specific situation he gave us to get more easily in the Good World,for example.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2002, 07:53

:O

Nope, it can't be a serious thing, Mike has very probably forgotten about the site's existence and someone else did this so people do think something is happening on it, still. Something ? Happening ? Where ??? :/

Another option : Mike did seriously walk to the other side under heavy smoke effect :yinyang:. He's now donating large amounts of money to doubtful organisations...

Will we ever see him again ? (the way we used to do it)

Jerome
:zzz:

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2002, 10:28

ooooooo! The poll results are working now and it's a bit different to what I expected...it's not 25% each. Star is ahead and square is a firm loser!

Maybe this just proves people think Mike thinks he's a star and people think he's a star and not square!

Ho hum!

Still don't see the point (or lots of points in the case of the star)!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2002, 11:56

I'd imagine that the point is to have a bit of fun...

The ideaof the poll would be that, when his chosen shape is voted for by significantly more than 25% of people, it would perhaps suggest that there was more than chance involved in the results. Things like people giving out the current poll results may of course distort the data slightly ;)

I would think that us being told that it's been picked 'for christmas' may influence our decision (stars would tend to be more associated with christmas than the other shapes).
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 09 2002, 16:10

I can see in a different way...the star is the only shape that the lines are broken,not perfect at all...I think that it can be Mike' s choice since he's kinda of an outsider,he'll chose a shape that differs from the others,much like him in real life.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2002, 16:55

I wish that the game could be linked with MusicVR,like,you have a special situation in the game,and Mike comes with 4 ideas of different things that you can do from that specific situation...

Tati The Sentinel Posted on Dec. 08 2002, 19:48

yep... i agree with u... something related to mvr... seemed to me a good idea since mvr is a so open place and besides u've got the possibility of flying online... and as i've said somewhere before, this means sometimes u have to guess where the other is going, i'm not going to enter the issue of telepathy itself (there are already conversations about that in the spirituality forums) but it seems to me that cause of these two features of the game it's possible to communicate in a different way when u are dressed on an ava flying with a plane or a bird...

when i saw the telepathy game was being constructed i thought it was a good thing... something which fits very well with mvr... but when i saw the 'telepathy poll' i thought it was a kind of joke...  :cool:

anyway... telepathy games could be possible in mvr without the need of the 'official game'... kind a 'hide and seek' game inside mvr  :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
ally Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2002, 04:35

I agree with Tati the Sentinel, I doubt of Mike does this telephaty game, I think it make somebody else.
I ´ve thought it already to puzzle, and now?...I don´t believe...
It should be something from MVR-game, from world of MVR...
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 11 2002, 13:09

Off-topic, but I have to ask: what's all this about doubtful organisations, Jerome? I haven't heard anything about that.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2002, 13:41

I don't think he's being serious. I know Mike can be madly irrational at times but he's not that mad..........although he did say he wouldn't rule out joining the church of scientology at some point, a doubtfull organisation if ever there was one.
Profile PM 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: Dec. 12 2002, 03:41

Hi,

Yes, I was talking about that, and it was discussed on the french mailing list at the time...

I don't think - and I really hope - he is involved in that kind of bullshit (scientology, any other... sorry but it is the only reasonable word that I can find now) today, but I do think he has been a pretty good candidate at some points of his life (instable psyche + rich), so he might have been targeted by some recruiters.

Someone on the list had a very good point : when he said he was not "closed to the idea", it can also mean that he didn't really know about it and just being curious and opened doesn't necessarily mean fully agree and involved once you know more about it. But those guys are damn good to freak out someone's mind also...

But I don't really know how he feels now, if he is definitely and safely strong in his head, and what may happen if he was seriously approached by "them".

:yinyang:
J.

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
33 replies since Dec. 06 2002, 11:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net