Topic: Mike's telepathy game online< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
adamas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 03 2003, 12:54

Quote (Olivier @ Dec. 06 2002, 11:46)
A is now online at mikeoldfield.com.
(Thanks,
)

Is this a joke? I think Mike knows better designers than those that made this... joke? Keep on working! :/

--------------
beauty and its light, truth and true love, stars over the deep sea, friendship inside a dark forest.
Profile PM 
Mige Iranzo Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2003, 10:26

Can anyone tell me a worse designed web than Mike Oldfield's one?

...hard, it isn't?

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 04 2003, 17:43

I can think of worse, and can think of better. Mike may know better designers than created that, but there's only one web designer who he's married to...
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2003, 00:29

I'm wondering when the results will be revealed (they say first week of January but don't say which year), I'm so impatient... That said, I've just realized this telepathetic game is a bit similar to some concept Mike talked about in an interview: do a concert where the audience can push buttons, and the majority triggers the sound of their button.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2003, 09:44

He should just make the DarkStar web site the one and only official one, It's way better designed and would make life simpler for everyone. Why have two official sites? I know DarkStar is the 'official' fan site but why not just combine them?
Profile PM 
Mige Iranzo Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2003, 17:52

Do you remember the old (Aug 2001) MusicVR website? It was a lot better and it was also designed by Fanny.

I think the current website was made in a hurry like a non definitive website, and a new better website will come soon... or I hope so.

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 09 2003, 15:21

I did once sent an email to her with a bunch of suggestions to improve mikeoldfield.com...no answer 'til today about it...

That's what I wrote:

> Screen Resolution
> Give 2 options to choose from:
> 800 x 600
> 1024 x 768

> An opening page with the screen resolution choices
> as well as the HTML or Flash choices.

> Create a great Flash intro,like the one you did
> once
> with all the albums! That would be fab!

>Try to convince Mike to put a diary about the
> Tubular Bells re-recording,letting the fans to see
> what´s going on,like all the demos from MusicVR
> since
> the early days of the project.Think about not only
> written things and pictures as well as some videos
> and
> audio stuff.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Mige Iranzo Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2003, 10:31

uUuUuUuUuUuH!

I chose the diamond, so I have telepathetic powers!

UuUuUuUuUuUh!

I'm in your brain!

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2003, 11:06

The diamond? What a pity! Though I don´t remember what item I chose. :D
Profile PM 
Ben. Thomsen
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 20 2003, 07:26

I don't think telepathic powers has anything to do with it, I chose the Diamond, and the reason is because of the symbolic meanings of the different shapes. I personally think that this goes deeper than apparent to many. The diamond to me symbolize a diamond in the rough, a person that has been shaped to be of great worth, when he seemed to have no apparent diamond quality before. I'm not surprised most chose the star, for that is what I think most people today is after: stardom, money, fame things of little value. The square to me symbolize the squareminded person with limited views. To me the choice of the Diamond was a conscious choice that made sense. I don't have telepathic powers. :D
maria Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2003, 08:32

in december i chose the star and it wasn’t neither due to christmas (since i’m not a believer and if had to choose a symbol for what christmas means nowadays i would choose $ or € symbols or even better, ‘el corte inglés’ logo… :D i have the feeling that, at least in spain, christmas time every year starts earlier, just because this store sets its christmas lights… this year in the second fortnight of november) nor stardom…while looking at the objects i just had the image of a summer sky crowded with stars and i liked what i saw.

what it’s curious is that most of us choose the same shape, i first thought that the percentage would be more or less shared among the objects… but as i saw when i made my vote, it seems this month again we mostly agree in the same figure…

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2003, 10:33

I think the star may be more attractive because it has more points; I think they probably make the shape appear bigger, and therefore subconsciously more attractive...

I have to say, I picked the diamond (though technically it's not a diamond but a square turned on its corner)...it seemed right at the time (that means I can read your mind, Mike, so watch out...mwahahahaa ;)).
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 14:26

the result for january... the circle. a 38% of us got it  :cool:

4 more shapes to choose in february...increasing difficulty...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2003, 20:12

Take a look at these 4 shapes, Relax your mind and imagine which shape Mike has chosen for December. Usually the first answer that comes into your mind is correct , so trust yourself ... Make your vote and we will reveal the answer in the first week of March.

just guessing... so we have to answer 'diamond' again while avoiding to look at the four new shapes?
ah no... we have to look at four of them randomly and guess the shape mike has chosen for december... 2003 and if so... the result will be given in march 2003 or 2004?
oh man... really difficult to focuss that way...
:D  :D

ps. and once more many agreeing on one...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
33 replies since Dec. 06 2002, 11:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net