Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike's comments on Amazon.co.uk< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ratty Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 30 2007, 14:45

Great description from Mike, Hopefully this will give the music more meaning and provide a visual stimulous as you listen to it. Certainly whets the appetite even more .

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2007, 18:37

Those words certainly make the new album sound promising. Trying desperately hard not to get too excited. We just don't know what to expect, it's so like him to want to explore a concept such as the Music of the Spheres, can't wait.

Wondered if Pekka Pohjola's album Keesojen Lehto ~ Mathematician's Air Display is based on the same theory. Just thinking of the part at around 2.55 in to the track, it's perfect, I want to keep and hold it forever, never for it to stop. One of Mike's best guitar bits against the keyboards..don't know how to describe what they're doing, but it is so good, (sometimes words are just useless in my hands.)...let the music speak. :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
TheMann Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2007, 13:26

[Mathematician's Air Display]

Yes, what a piece!!

I so such wish MOTS to match Mike's very high latent level, but I am afraid that he tried to satisfy everyone ... and then, it won't be more than muzak. I didn't find the few extracts interesting enough (compare to stuff by e.g., Sibelius; say Symphony 4 first movement) but then again, Mike is Mike; when in his; say, best form, he is capable of really anything
Profile PM 
ironmike Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2007, 12:45

Two thoughts on Mike's comments on Amazon:
1. From his description, this album has nothing to do with the Halloween tradition he mentioned before as a source of inspiration for the new album. Maybe he'll use those ideas for his next album (hoping there will be another album, as he already speaks about retirement).
2. To use only symphonic instruments in order to capture the sounds of the universe may not be the best way to go. I think adding to that the amazing electronic sounds like we know from Songs of Distant Earth would have suited much better the theme of this album. But he wanted a symphonic album in the first place, so we can't judge him for that. Maybe MOTS, part 2 (electronic version) will follow :).
Profile PM 
DarkFeline Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2007, 13:24

Quote (ironmike @ Sep. 05 2007, 12:45)
2. To use only symphonic instruments in order to capture the sounds of the universe may not be the best way to go. I think adding to that the amazing electronic sounds like we know from Songs of Distant Earth would have suited much better the theme of this album.

Even though this is a classical album, I too had thoughts about a TSODE connection after reading Mike's comments. Astronomy, mathematics and science-fiction are the things that I'm interested in, so I'm fully expected for something spectacular here.

*Grins from ear to ear*

--------------
Who's your mummy, where she go?
Profile PM WEB 
Quicksilver Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2007, 13:48

Music Of The Spheres Promo Advance on eBay
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2007, 17:37

Quote (Quicksilver @ Sep. 06 2007, 13:48)
Music Of The Spheres Promo Advance on eBay

Ohfergodssake... it's not even been released yet, and already there's some unscrupulous swine on the make make... :(

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
BeeNBee Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 08:33

Music of the Spheres Promo CD is now available for free download on the torrent network.

--------------
" Michal Kochamy Cie! " - Katowice 1999
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 11:05

Quote (BeeNBee @ Sep. 07 2007, 10:33)
Music of the Spheres Promo CD is now available for free download on the torrent network. Search at Demonoid.com

You can now download it,but please don't share where you can get it,please  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
BeeNBee Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 12:13

I suppose it's up to you whether to download it or not. I just informed about the possiblity. And that i can download this now doesn't mean that I will not buy it when it is released. Moreover I can say that I will surely purchase it  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 12:26

Quote (BeeNBee @ Sep. 07 2007, 14:13)
Moreover I can say that I will surely purchase it  :)

I've just done my pre-order at Amazon about a month ago,I can't wait !

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
BeeNBee Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 12:44

I will buy it when it's available in my country. To my mind the whole idea of pre-ordering is a bit crazy. :p I don't think the album availability will be 'out of stock' during months after publishing and having it one or two days before others is just supporting my idea about the crazy pace of life the whole world has gone into  :p Hopefully Mike's new album will slow the time down.. :D Greets. No offence. :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
31 replies since Aug. 24 2007, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net