Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike's basses< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 02 2006, 04:55

I read somewhere that Mike's red Precision bass in the Montreau concert dvd was the one he used with Kevin Ayers, but it's NOT true! He used a Fender Jazz bass with Kevin Ayers. Not sure if it (Fender Jazz bass) belonged to Mike or Kevin!
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2006, 04:56

Quote (David Mar @ Dec. 02 2006, 06:55)
I read somewhere that Mike's red Precision bass in the Montreau concert dvd was the one he used with Kevin Ayers, but it's NOT true! He used a Fender Jazz bass with Kevin Ayers. Not sure if it (Fender Jazz bass) belonged to Mike or Kevin!

The red one is going to be used on the Nokia Night of the Proms concerts !

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Dec. 02 2006, 16:58

Hi David
Mike used the blonde Precision in the Montreux concert and I believe this is the one that he used with Kevin Ayres and the whole World. (he may have used the red one too, I don't know).

There are some pictures of this guitar here:

Miles Apart

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
clotty Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2006, 17:01

Ooops to many glasses of wine this evening. The hyperlink above is wrong it should be:

Miles Apart

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
fragile Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2006, 06:27

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Dec. 02 2006, 04:56)
Quote (David Mar @ Dec. 02 2006, 06:55)

The red one is going to be used on the Nokia Night of the Proms concerts !

I can not believe, that the red bass from the NNOTP is the Fender Precision from the 60s. Just have a look to the Instrument photo. For me that instrument looks too new. I think it is a Precision that Mike bought in the last years.
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2006, 09:06

I can not believe, that the red bass from the NNOTP is the Fender Precision from the 60s. Just have a look to the Instrument photo. For me that instrument looks too new. I think it is a Precision that Mike bought in the last years.

I agree it does look in good condition for a 40+ year old guitar other than a small crack on the pickguard. It would be interesting to know for sure either way.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since Dec. 02 2006, 04:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net