Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike's Autobiography Gets a Name, Changeling< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 30 2007, 18:25

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Jan. 28 2007, 01:53)
b. an imbecile.

Remember? Tár mé an Ommadawn le cheoil = I am the idiot singing !! :D :laugh:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
AlexS Offline

Posted: April 03 2007, 11:19

I'm really looking forward to Mike's book - to finally find out more about the man behind the music. And it will no doubt inspire me to play all of his albums including some that I haven't listened to in a while.

--------------
http://www.thelightdream.net
http://thelightdreams.bandcamp.com/
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: April 03 2007, 13:09

lets hope it can give many inspiration to listen and maybe come back to tubular.net  :) There is not many forum members here more.. i miss many here..
The book will indeed give us something to talk about ;)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Marky Offline

Posted: April 07 2007, 13:47

Yes the book will be a fascinating and deep exploration of Mike's inner soul and the creative forces that gave rise to the music we all know so we....oh sod it, I want to read it for the gossip. We all do, let's face it. Spill, spill c'mon lets hear it.... ah hem... as I was saying...it will be interesting on many levels. Not long now. Perhaps when you open the cover it will play a tune...? Any favourites...?
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: April 11 2007, 17:12

Both amazon.co.uk and play.com say it will be released on 10/05/2007. A little further to wait. Also it has 288 pages.

I'm looking forward to see how he tackles his experiences around the recording of Ommadawn.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: April 11 2007, 20:33

288 pages  :O
this book will keep me busy all summer for sure  :laugh:
I also hope there will be some words about what he do now and some cool pictures. But of course, the time around Ommadawn must have been special. it will indeed be some of that time.

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Marky Offline

Posted: April 19 2007, 05:03

Three weeks today for Mike's book to hit the stands....wonder if anybody will stock it or if it will be like trying to find his new albums....

I seem to remember there would be an auction of the Tubular Bells guitar at Christies that day to raise money for Sane. Does anybody know if that is still happening?

And is there any word on publicity for Mike or the book? I have written a lot for magazines and newspapers (see my web space) but Virgin Books wont send me a review copy or even reply to my emails.

I would like to know their PR plan as I am able to get Mike on to radio and TV but my bet is they don't have very much lined up. I would expect at least one major newspaper interview and 2 or 3 long reviews. Keep your eyes peeled and post any coverage on here?

Mark
My Webpage
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 19 2007, 09:02

I think it's time to Fanny Oldfield to wake up and update MO.com to get ready for the promotion of Changeling.

Mike really deserves a better promotion plan to keep him on the public eye as soon as possible.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: April 19 2007, 11:49

i agree..
that site must be the most slow updated Mo site in the world...  :(

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: April 19 2007, 23:03

Amazon.co.uk says that it's in stock...strange,strange...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 20 2007, 04:20

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ April 19 2007, 23:03)
Amazon.co.uk says that it's in stock...strange,strange...

What's also strange is that when I checked Amazon U.S. this evening, there was no listing, whereas I recall seeing one last week. So I've placed an order through Amazon U.K. and, although they say it's 'in stock', this was stated on my order status:

Dispatch estimate:  8 May 2007
Delivery estimate:  15 May 2007 - 17 May 2007

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 

Posted: April 20 2007, 13:28

Quote (Sweatpea @ April 20 2007, 06:20)
What's also strange is that when I checked Amazon U.S. this evening, there was no listing, whereas I recall seeing one last week. So I've placed an order through Amazon U.K. and, although they say it's 'in stock', this was stated on my order status:

Dispatch estimate:  8 May 2007
Delivery estimate:  15 May 2007 - 17 May 2007

Mine was like that also,but the delivery estmate date a bit longer since I live in Brazil...

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: April 20 2007, 14:00

It is a bit puzzling about his website. I do have a look from time to time, but it's hardly ever updated so I've kind of given up & come here! The book is pretty much something Mike wanted to do from what he's said, so I can't see why there's no mention of it. But, having said that, in a way it is refreshing that we are not bombarded with promotion. I'd still like to see him now & again though! Those that want to know, will know & those that don't, won't, if you see what I mean. He always surprises us.

bee :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: April 21 2007, 13:35

I was in a book shop today, and I thought how much I am looking forward to seeing Mike's face on the cover of his book on the shelves, (hopefully in a prominent place and in the windows too). It is a very good picture of him. I shall like knowing the book will be in every town of every country. All we need to hope for now is that someone high up in Waterstones or WHS ( in the UK at least, don't know of big book store names worldwide ) is a good fan and can influence those that need to be influenced!

bee :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 

Posted: April 21 2007, 17:27

One member of the Deutsches Mike Oldfield forum said that an important british online shop has just sent him his copy of the book  :O

link - http://www.oldfield-forum.de/thread.php?postid=26067#post26067

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Marky Offline

Posted: April 22 2007, 12:29

Books etc in Wimbledon confirms it is due for release 10 May (ok we knew that) in hardback (ditto) at £18.99. They are receiving TWO copies. This means it will get no real promotion in this branch at least as you cant promote two copies of anything can you! Do avoid that and get the Amazon.co.uk one at £12.53 (very exact price...). Even if it means waiting a day or two more.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: April 24 2007, 18:59

it is availble on Norli (norwegian book company).
So i have order it there today jippi!!!  :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: April 24 2007, 19:26

My only option at the moment is Amazon.co.uk,since I live in Brazil and Mike here is completely unknown  :(

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
glasgow_tubular Offline

Posted: May 03 2007, 11:50

Ive reserved mine from waterstones and got it for £14.99. because its been mentioned in the music predd i got a discount :)  going to get in on the 9th of May.

Get this though. The waterstones im getting it from is only buying in 5 copies for stock  :O  The guy first thought i said Michael O'Toole ? then he said "he's not as popular as you think he is by the way"

Shocking!

--------------
www.myspace.com/allaroundmyhat
Profile PM 

Posted: May 03 2007, 15:20

A few pics of the book:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums....ada.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums....omo.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums....ada.jpg

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
59 replies since Nov. 24 2006, 22:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net