Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: mikeoldfieldlightandshade.com< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 09 2005, 14:03

Saw on ToroAcu's(www.taurusiv.net/blog) blog that might be a chance for Mike to get on tour next year...fingers crossed!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
James Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2005, 14:22

Thats interesting Groovy Gran.

I've often thought how wonderful it would be for Mike to just turn up unanounced at the last minute of a very smalll venue say a local folk circuit and play a set.Perhaps he does.

I would imagine when artists perform to capacity crouds like Mike has, playing small venues would be great fun.Imagine him playing an improvised acoustic set of Ommadawn variations to some country bumpkins/farmers.He he! :/
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2005, 15:01

James -Did have some thoughts a while ago along the lines of M.O being able to have the freedom to do something like this,with him having fun himself :cool: And also wondered if he'd ever done something similar in the past,just turning up at small venue ect.

(not disguised in motorcycling helmets & things of course)!
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2005, 15:03

It may have been said already but were have I heard Romance before.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2005, 17:38

Quote (Groovy Granny @ Oct. 09 2005, 13:39)
Quote (Korgscrew @ Oct. 08 2005, 15:06)
It is definitely a big if - he won't be touring for Light + Shade. Whether he does tour again will likely depend on Mike's mood and financial situation. He likes to do the big venues, but it's not so easy for him to fill them. A small venue tour would make a lot of sense, but I don't see him doing it any more than I see him signing with a small independent record label once his contract with Mercury is over.

Well how about settling for "Have Hayabusa + Guitar - will travel". He could just suit himself then and surprise everyone along the way,by stopping off at a few pubs en route to wherever?,and take to stage(after words with guvnor),absolutely astound the clientelle,could keep helmet on for disguise,then have a pint of the old dark stuff and up,and away!

Costs nothing to dream,does it?
;)  - hope I'm not in trouble for this :O  :)

Of course he could always travel On Horseback too :laugh: .

No seriously it would be great to see Mike play smaller venues.  Of course there's always my back garden,  I can find it difficult to get out in my present situation, hopefully that's changing soon  ;)  :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
124 replies since Sep. 22 2005, 10:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net