Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mikeoldfield.com updated< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 21 2009, 07:43

Mikeoldfield.com has now been updated to redirect to tubularbells2009.com. The site includes some pictures and an area for uploading reminiscences related to tubular bells. It does not yet include anywhere for ordering the upcoming Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition.
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 21 2009, 09:02

Those tape boxes are pretty neat.
Seems like they really are looking around a bit for these new releases.

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
valiado Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 09:59

The site don't send any message of e-mail confirmation after the signup :(
Profile PM 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 10:04

I've got a e-mail with a link...
After I'd clicked the link, I got a welcome mail (with MotS design)

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 10:06

I can see that on Amazon.co.uk:

Mike Oldfield Deluxe (49.99)
Price £70.49

Is it the Ultimate Edition and what does "49.99" means, knowing that the price is about £70 ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0026RCAIA

Thank you

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 10:32

Hmmm, strange. I though the Ultimate edition is only going to be for sale through the new website?

I'm wondering if people are able to see the 2001: A Space Odyssey pictures I uploaded in the reminisce? I always thought the movie had a link with TB, because they're more or less from the same time.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 21 2009, 11:27

Some of the content from the old mikeoldfield.com site is now missing from the new site. Is there a way to contact the site administrators to ask about this or make suggestions? Of particular concern to me is the realisation that the free musicvr and maestro downloads, maps etc. are no longer easily available. The files still seem to be there (for instance the musicvr download is still at http://www.mikeoldfield.com/setup_treslunas.exe) but going to the top of the mikeoldfield.com sends you to tubularbells2009.com without an easy way to get to the deeper bits of the old site. Any thoughts on who I should talk to?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 11:49

Here is the tv ad for the album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwzOfss1PaI
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 11:54

The music on the website doesn't really fit, does it? :D

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 12:06

Quote (Matt @ April 21 2009, 16:27)
Some of the content from the old mikeoldfield.com site is now missing from the new site. ... Of particular concern to me is the realisation that the free musicvr and maestro downloads, maps etc. are no longer easily available. The files still seem to be there (for instance the musicvr download is still at http://www.mikeoldfield.com/setup_treslunas.exe) but going to the top of the mikeoldfield.com sends you to tubularbells2009.com without an easy way to get to the deeper bits of the old site.

I know what you mean.
It no longer seems to be a site about Mike Oldfield and his work in general. It's now (apparently) all about 'ze bells' - presumably just a promo for the new rereleases this summer?  :/

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 12:23

The signup form is just for Universal's news mailing list, not for anything connected with the ultimate edition (just in case that was confusing anyone).

As for the price on Amazon...who knows! According to the information on the website and in the press release, Amazon won't be selling them - it states very clearly that "they're only available via this site".
Both £49.99 and £70.49 would just about fit the 'about £60' estimate, so I really don't know which is correct, if either of them are.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 12:27

Quote (Matt @ April 21 2009, 17:27)
Some of the content from the old mikeoldfield.com site is now missing from the new site. Is there a way to contact the site administrators to ask about this or make suggestions? Of particular concern to me is the realisation that the free musicvr and maestro downloads, maps etc. are no longer easily available. The files still seem to be there (for instance the musicvr download is still at http://www.mikeoldfield.com/setup_treslunas.exe) but going to the top of the mikeoldfield.com sends you to tubularbells2009.com without an easy way to get to the deeper bits of the old site. Any thoughts on who I should talk to?

If you want to get the old web, you can click here

http://www.mikeoldfield.com/news.php

and navigate, avoiding clickin in "Home", it will be a burning cactus as in Tres Lunas game!!  :p
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 13:14

Unfortunately, I think Nacho's work-around is the best you can hope for, Matt. I doubt they'll get rid of that stuff any time soon (to give you an idea of the sort of set up that site is, it's only thanks to Tim's efforts that they even know what their own password is...they seem to have passed the site design onto a different agency since then, but that whole experience left us thinking that they're probably not too great at picking companies to handle their online activities).

We've tried offering them advice and expertise, but they're not interested. That's easier to accept when they do things well, and rather harder when they make a total hash of things...

I think the best that we can promise is that we can try and see if we can offer any missing content here instead (with the proper permission, where necessary, of course).
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 13:53

I never received a confirmation email to respond to either ....maybe because I did not oblige them with my mobile No so they could send those SMS updates on all things Universal ? :(

I'd already signed up to Universal's email updates from the old site a long time ago so maybe me being already on the their list negates sending the confirmation email ?

I really don't want to miss out  on at least a chance of a signed Ultimate Edition ?

I'm still hoping that they are producing a lot more than 500 UEd's and Mike put a limit of 500 that he was willing to sign ?
:)
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 14:01

I really look forward to this release, but there's something weird about the website. I get the feeling that whoever made who isn't very familiar with Mike or his work. It's written in some kind of impersonal advertising agency lingo.

But the site a very typical major label product. Nothing matters but the latest product. The arists is nothing more than his latest product. And the latest product is the latest product even if it's a 35 years old.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 14:07

Quote (HuanCry @ April 21 2009, 19:53)
I'd already signed up to Universal's email updates from the old site a long time ago so maybe me being already on the their list negates sending the confirmation email ?

It also has happened to people that signed before in Universal mailing list in Music of the Spheres launch, so you shouldn't worry. Some people has tried with another different mail, and the system works!
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 14:22

Quote (Kiwwy @ April 21 2009, 14:02)
Those tape boxes are pretty neat.
Seems like they really are looking around a bit for these new releases.

I have held the tape box that says "This definitely is the Master (Maestro)". It was at Vigin HQ a few months prior to the release of the Elements set. Nice to have confirmation that it really was what it said.  :)
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 15:29

Shame they can't spell BRUSSELS over there in The Unit... Only one 'L' please, sheeeesh!!
But hey - it's looking good!

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 17:13

does this new website make us all want to listen all over again to Tubular Bells with no real musical differences since last time?  I don't get it.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 17:20

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)
after my rant last night about Classic fm's seemingly low level of interest in Mike, reagrding the Classical Brit Awards..this is phenomenal! Really. I just can't get over the fact that they are going to ring those bells ALL OVER THE WORLD in recognition of him. Wonderful. At last! About time too!

The Brit Award to me now seems like a getting a tiny gold star for getting all your spellings right at school, 'good, well done , now go away and be quiet' type thing....but bells all over the world? that makes me get shivers down my spine just thinking about it!...that connects everything about the magic in that album with everyone in earshot (in the immediate vicinity of the bells, or via tv, radio or whatever) on that night 6th  june 2009 . It is a true honour, because bells always make people stop & listen, they are highly symbolic and that is deeply etched in everyone's consciousness. At last we have something to look forward to. It's original & different, how very appropriate for Mike! FAB!

And I would give my right arm for that limited edition collection.

And that circular image of the tubular bells is superb, i really love it.

well done to all concerned. Thumbs up from me!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
98 replies since April 21 2009, 07:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net