Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mikeoldfield.com updated< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 21 2009, 17:59

Quote (yanouch65 @ April 21 2009, 10:06)
... what does "49.99" means,... ?

:p Turn the number 4 to 45 degrees to the right and you'll see the nice Tubular Bells logo .

Turn the number 999 to 180 degrees and you'll see this awful satanic number ... that i don't want to write myself , too afraid with these satanic things ! :O

:D
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 21 2009, 19:01

Quote (HuanCry @ April 21 2009, 14:53)
I'm still hoping that they are producing a lot more than 500 UEd's and Mike put a limit of 500 that he was willing to sign ?
:)

At least they can give the chance to choose if we want Mike to write our name + his autograph too - that would be nice and much better than a ultimate edition with just his name that later you find on eBay overpriced!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: April 22 2009, 01:19

I will buy two. One for myself and one for e-bay to get the money back.   :p
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: April 22 2009, 10:29

that 666 number is just so stupid.. its not a release of heavy dark metal and its is not a soundtrack for Exorcist!!
And that site is not what i call good, but ok.. jaja..
:O

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
valiado Offline

Posted: April 23 2009, 14:52

Amazon change the name of Edition; now is Ultimate Edition:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mike-Ol....sr=8-19

There will be 'Ultimate Edition' for all ;)

Regards from Spain
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 23 2009, 15:20

Yes... you are right, but nothing about the book and the other things....
:/

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: April 23 2009, 16:47

Can we really pre-order it now on Amazon ?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 23 2009, 19:29

Waiting anxiously to get it through MO.com.I think it'll be a bit expansive than in Amazon.co.uk.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ghostmojo Offline

Posted: April 23 2009, 20:31

Quote (Tubularman @ April 22 2009, 10:29)
that 666 number is just so stupid..

Yeah and doesn't the year count for anything? shouldn't it be 6.6.6.9? On the little video you see 06.06.06 then the last number rolls over to become 06.06.09. Pointless really.

They should have done it three years ago to make the numbers work the way they appear to want them to ...

--------------
" ... if you feel a little glum - to Hergest Ridge you should come ... "
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: April 24 2009, 04:49

You're right, they needn't have bothered making the effort. The number 666 is inscrpited on every item bought and sold already. The first, middle and last but not numerically written number on every barcode on every item in the world is 6. So in that sense it will already and indeed is already on the Tubular Bells packaging and every other cd you own!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 24 2009, 08:02

This Amazon business is bizarre. Perhaps it's only the signed and numbered 'limited edition' copies that will be available at the new website? If so it looks like they may be a good deal more expensive than the £70 touted by Amazon - yikes! :O

I'm not sure I'd want to pay even more money just for the sake of getting Mike's autograph and a special numbered set if the contents turn out to be identical.

Methinks Universal/Mercury are going to make a bomb out of this...

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: April 24 2009, 14:03

Quote (Ghostmojo @ April 24 2009, 02:31)

Yeah and doesn't the year count for anything? shouldn't it be 6.6.6.9? On the little video you see 06.06.06 then the last number rolls over to become 06.06.09. Pointless really.

They should have done it three years ago to make the numbers work the way they appear to want them to ...

yes.. and i think that kind of number gives bad signals..
and the will be bells ringing? I dont see how they can use the church.. if they attend to use the church?

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: April 24 2009, 14:46

I notice the music player has been removed. Did anyone know what was being played ?
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: April 24 2009, 15:53

Yes.  :D And now, on the website, the release date is 08.06.09

Perhaps it's only the signed and numbered 'limited edition' copies that will be available at the new website?

Hm... Probably
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: April 24 2009, 16:10

... but on the site, it is clear :

there will only be 500 of these superb limited edition sets (signed and numbered) and they're only available via this site.
Profile PM 
Hengist the Square Wheel Offline

Posted: April 24 2009, 19:01

Can someone help me?

I've been to the official website to register for the Ultimate edition and got to the suitable page. It says 'Click here' to register, but there is nothing hot to click. I've already signed up for the mailing list, so I can't see what I'm supposed to do.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: April 25 2009, 05:52

I registered but have no confirmation email, so do not know if I have a chance to be one of the lucky 500! It is a bit frustrating...am considering getting in touch with Universal ( ?is it ?) to see what's best to do.... :O

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: April 25 2009, 07:23

Quote (Ghostmojo @ April 24 2009, 01:31)

I think The Beatles are re-releasing their entire back catalogue in remastered form on 09/09/09.(Revolution 9 yadda yadda)..So as well as 666 being a referance to The Exorcist movie.It`s probably some kind of music exec "in-joke" or something,that I`m sure sounded completely hilarious when it was raised round the conference table.Unfortunatly rather than leave the joke there,and actualy getting down to maybe marketing the album properley.They`ve decided to pick up the ball and run with it down abstract reality highway,before someone had the good sense to tell them that they were three years too late.As well as it being completely nonsensical in the first place.And unfunny.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 25 2009, 10:44

Universal are really dragging their heels with this aren't they?

(Or is it just me being too impatient and 'fannish'?  :p )

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: April 25 2009, 12:14

Am I right in thinking that the number 666 had ALOT more to do with 'The Omen' then 'The Exorcist'? In which case it really would be an abstract tangent!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
98 replies since April 21 2009, 07:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net