:p

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 02 2002, 19:01

I know very little about electronics, but it seems reasonable to me: after all, how would you then describe 2003? 2K.003?

You've gotten me interested now, though... Where's a K used in electronics?
Profile PM 
Se2ra Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2002, 15:14

Hello! I don't have any idea about the question of 2K3, but...

see the logo which was created by Mariscal (a Spanish designer) for the Olympic Games in Madrid in 2012: 2M12 where M means 'Mil', (a Thousand, in English), so it could be 2K12... See this page, there is a photo of the logo in the end: http://www.sonotone.net/editorial/madrid2012.htm

Another observation: I have a calculator (Casio fx-115W) which allows you to use the Engineering mode. With it you can type the scientific suffixes like k (k = 10^3) whe you are calculating. If I put 2K3 the calculator sends me: ERROR. BUT if I put 2.003k, it sends me '2003'.

So I think the correct writting would be 2.003k, but perhaps 2k3 is more obvious and more fashionable...

Please excuse my English... I don't writte it very well.  :)
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2002, 18:12

not quite sure but like Se2ra wrote 2.003k or like you (Mark 1) 2k.003 would be correct. what i told about electronics was that i learned it from there..because allmost in every circuit diagram certain component values are presented like that.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Ryan Frost
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 06 2002, 10:59

Ho hum, yet another Tubular Bells...
I'm sorry to say that it seems that the once-trusty Mr. Oldfield has run out of ideas, continuously re-hashing old ideas. Mike is selling out by continuing to bring out Tubular Bells albums, and should consider other (although perhaps less commercial - is he doing it just for the money) directions
Russell Sheppard
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 15 2002, 06:27

tubular bells totaly blew my head off in the '70s, and can't wait for the remake. mvr is great, well done mike.
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Dec. 22 2002, 22:58

I fail to see why everyone accuses him of 'selling out': Mike wants to fix Tubular Bells, so he is. He can do what he wants to, he's the one making the music. I too would like to see him do other pieces, but Tubular Bells seems to be the one he likes best, so that is the one he does. There also is a commercial element, but that has been going on for ages, ever since Platinum, and during that time he has made amazing music. Are we saying he is not allowed to make money anymore, or that he is not allowed to do anything if it will make money?

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2003, 18:36

Tubular World MVR????

I can't belive this! This sounds amazing!!! Goddam this is unbeliveble!!!  Mike you do that!!!

I don't know you guys but i got chill out just from the tought that ever Mike's gonna do a MVR with the sound of the most wonderfull Tubular Bell!!!!

Go go go Mike!!!! :)

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 
MC Crayon Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2003, 18:32

The caveman voice is absolutely necessary.  It is definitely a key element.  Long live cavemen.

Is he actually re-recording all the music, or merely remastering it using the old tracks?

Also, what is a "Tubular World MVR"?  I'm new here and I've never heard of it!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 13 2003, 12:25

He's completely re-recording the whole thing, using modern recording techniques and modern instruments (though old favourites like the Telecaster and Vox Continental organ make their appearances).

The Tubular World would be a new virtual reality world which uses the Music VR game engine.
Profile PM 
29 replies since Nov. 25 2002, 10:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net