Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: mikeoldfield.com update< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 25 2002, 10:39

mikeoldfield.com has been updated with Stories About Music [replaced by Puzzle on Nov 28] and Grafitti children's sections, and this message from Mike:

The Rerecording of Tubular Bells is nearly finished and I am having a great time, as it really is a wonderful piece of music. The new technologies help a lot although I am mainly keeping to the original instrumentation (hand played guitars and keyboards)

I am deliberately not hurrying as I only have one chance to do it as perfectly as possible. I am not working too hard and divide my time between music and my new hobby of Radio Controlled Electric Model Helicopters.

I am saving the caveman vocal until last because I know that I won't be able to speak for two weeks after that ! I have also started work on the Tubular World MVR.

Best wishes from Mike O.

(Thanks, Mige Iranzo)
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 25 2002, 11:13

Good news indeed! The part that caught my attention was the 'Tubular World MVR' - yipee!!!!! I'm looking forward to that. I hope it comes FREE with the TB2003 Cd (here's hoping!;).

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2002, 13:10

Does he also drink half a bottle of whiskey before he sings the caveman song? ;)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2002, 13:25

Why he has to do caveman song with his own voice? :O
It is a bit drastic damaging his voice for two weeks. He could do this piece with some changing voice machine.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2002, 13:26

Quote (Olivier @ Nov. 25 2002, 15:39)
I am not working too hard and divide my time between music and my new hobby of Radio Controlled Electric Model Helicopters.

I have good feelings about this...very good feelings!!!

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2002, 13:26

I thought he'd been into flying radio controll model helicopters for quite a while, there's a picture of one on the inside of the 'Five Miles Out' cover.
The Tubular world MVR does indeed sound good, I wonder whether this will be a plugin for the existing MVR or something entirely new. It would be good if it expanded the existing MVR universe.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2002, 13:30

really good news...
glad he is keeping mainly the original hand played guitars and keyboards... and the caveman... great!  :)  :D
and about tubular world... what can i say...  this is what i've liked most in his message... now dreaming... could it be a gate maybe between mvr and tw mvr? linking worlds...

best wishes for u too, mike oldfield
:)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
James.
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 25 2002, 16:08

Great news hey Guys and Gals!!!
Maria the Milky way truly is a fine site to see particularly through good binoculars or a wide field telescope....Yipppeee...... :D  :p  :D
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2002, 16:46

Jippie, this is what I have waited for. In a previous post I took up this particular thing about hte expansions to the Tr3s Lunas Game. Maybe we get all three episodes as said from the beginning.

Think about all new tubular music that must be in this game. Mwwahahahhaha:) nice :P

And I really do hope it works like some kind of expansion to the original game and maybe unlocks places that are not reachable in the present version. I do not want a new stand alone game, though it of course is better than nothing :)

Good news it is indeed

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2002, 18:03

To me it always seems like time is slowing down when I know there is a new album on the way...
But anyway: Great to hear that all is going well with the album. And as the others, I also saw the part with Tubular World MVR. This is really exciting!!!

Why can't time move faster???

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 28 2002, 19:29

Only 25 weeks on Monday.....

Maybe we'll get a little demo of the Tubular World thing or something.

All good newsl apart from the time thing, that is.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2002, 22:53

Ok, at first I was real skeptical of another TB... however... I have rethought this now.  I am getting rather excited about the remake of TB.  The bits I heard on the radio special were great!!!! :)   Maybe he should just call it ...

'Tubular Bells 73-2003'
'Tubular Bells 2003'  
'30 years of Tubular Bells'
'Tubular Bells - The re-recording'  
'Tubular Bells - The Masterpiece'
'Tubular Bells - Opus One'

I've got some other good title idea's... but I'll have to remember them before I can post em ;)

Tubular World MVR seems like an inevitable title when it comes to Mike O.  Maybe he will work the music based on the song of the same title from TSODE!?  :)  That bloody twisted shape has become as synonomous with Mike O as Quittitch and 'the lightning scar' have become with Harry Potter.  This is a good thing though!  

Mike, please give us a preview soon... I just loved that bit from the NPR special!!! :)  In time in tune and sounded new and fresh again... kinda like clean laundry without the nagging lady(RB - wink wink) at the laundry mat!!

Happy Turkey Day
Christopher

PS.  Mike the others are quite right... just use a voice alteration program on the computer... it's safer for you ;)  Then again... this is the new millennium... do we really need the caveman now... it is a bit dated, really.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2002, 04:23

I'm afraid the caveman bit is necissary, no matter how much I don't like it (and I don't). This is a Tubular Bells re-recording, not an edited version. Anyway, it might sound better after 30 years.

I am personally very excited about the re-recording, I think it will sound wonderful.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2002, 10:57

Quote (christopher @ Nov. 29 2002, 01:53)
Maybe he should just call it ...

'Tubular Bells 73-2003'
'Tubular Bells 2003'  
'30 years of Tubular Bells'
'Tubular Bells - The re-recording'  
'Tubular Bells - The Masterpiece'
'Tubular Bells - Opus One'

Add also
"Tubular Bells - Breakfast in Bed'
another choice:
Tubular Bells 2K3

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Se2ra Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2002, 12:32

I wish Mike will include with the CD of the re-recording the sound of the demo-tape of the original Tubular Bells...
Profile PM 
Se2ra Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2002, 12:34

Quote (Se2ra @ Nov. 30 2002, 18:32)
I wish Mike will include with the CD of the re-recording the sound of the demo-tape of the original Tubular Bells...

But in a different track, of course  ;)
Profile PM 
James
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 30 2002, 23:37

Im looking forward to this new Tubular bells and give Mike full support in this.I somehow get a very strong feeling he is enjoying the recording and also that he is completely happy with the work so far.I do have a good feeling about it.However I also wonder if this will be the last we hear on the Tubular bell theme/project.

Incidently Fireflies is so still,and magnificently wonderful. :cool:  :laugh:  :)  :cool:
theweightless Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2002, 16:36

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Nov. 29 2002, 10:57)
another choice:
Tubular Bells 2K3

that would mean year 2300.. ;)

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2002, 11:44

Quote (theweightless @ Dec. 01 2002, 22:36)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Nov. 29 2002, 10:57)
another choice:
Tubular Bells 2K3

that would mean year 2300.. ;)

... No I don't think so: the part before the 'k' indicates the part that is to be multiplied with 1000, the part after that just indicates a to-be-added amount of years. 2300 would be 2K300 or perhaps 2.3K. :)
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2002, 13:27

Quote (Mark 1 @ Dec. 02 2002, 11:44)
... No I don't think so: the part before the 'k' indicates the part that is to be multiplied with 1000, the part after that just indicates a to-be-added amount of years. 2300 would be 2K300 or perhaps 2.3K. :)

do you really know or are you just guessing..because i know that in electronics 2k3 means 2300 and i don't see why it wouldn't work in years as well

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
29 replies since Nov. 25 2002, 10:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net