Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike to Play at Night of the Proms< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 29 2006, 20:02

Well, having read all these posts, I'd love to see Mike perform after 7 years, but finances can't justify a 20 minute set of orchestra and Mike's guitar.

I'm hoping that Mike has chosen to do this to see how he feels back on stage, and whether he can get a "buzz" from it. This time he doesn't have to organise anything, to worry about the band. Plus, his comments on the Sunday (radio) Show, re-inforce the idea of an orchestral feel to the next album.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 20:38

Quote (benediktmarkota @ May 29 2006, 18:50)
would be great to meet some international fans in FRANKFURT (22 December)

If anyone has tickets let me know
I`ll be there (and some other fans from the german forum)

Tubular Greetings from Germany

Benedikt
(once www.oldfieldmike.com )

I'm planning to attend both dates on Frankfurt...they are the best for me.

And nice to see you there,Benedikt(who had the now defunct oldfieldmike.de full of Mike's pics)  :cool:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Boktenedo Offline

Posted: May 30 2006, 15:28

got my ticket for the stuttgart show  :D  :D  :cool:
Profile PM 
benediktmarkota Offline

Posted: May 30 2006, 15:42

would be great Tati !!!

well ... we have to meet there... I have tickets for "standing" ... for only 34 euro ... but that are the best ones.. you are very close to the band ;)

Benedikt
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: May 30 2006, 16:32

Quote (benediktmarkota @ May 30 2006, 17:42)

would be great Tati !!!

well ... we have to meet there... I have tickets for "standing" ... for only 34 euro ... but that are the best ones.. you are very close to the band ;)

Benedikt

For Frankfurt,which ones I should buy to be close to the band,the ones for 34 euro? And how can I buy these ones online?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 30 2006, 17:17

Quote (moonchildhippy @ May 30 2006, 00:44)
I've spoken to a friend Di, about this NOTP, she's interested in going to Dortmund, has a son live 10miles away.  The only thing is will need to find a hotel as her son has a 1 bedroom flat.

I'm thinking that Dussledorf and Cologne aren't far from Dortmund,I'm wondering if my finances will permit me to go a second night,  :/ , at 66.5Euros, £45.60 for the most expensive tickets is less than I thought they'd be.  

I'm pondering on the best way to get there,   I get  somuch free travel and  1/4fare on UK rail services and I think I get a reduction on Eurostar and certain European countries rail networks    :cool: .  The only thing is typed in a journey leaving at 10am from London Waterloo International to Dusseldorf, involved getting the 17:09  to Paris changing onto a night train for Dusseldorf arriving at about 08:25 the following morning,would take too long.
The other alternative is to fly, but having never flown before I have no idea what it's like. Saying that If I can handle a flight simulator of a WW1 Dogfight, chasing The Red Baron then I'm sure an airline flight is nowhere near as rough in comparison.
BTW the flight simulator is at the RAF Museum in Hendon (north London),and is like ones used to train RAF pilots.
For a day out there's so much to see there.  The good news is it's fully wheelchair (I'mnot disabled,but did accompany a wheelchair user there) and is also free admission for all   :) (I like to leave a donation).  Check out

www.rafmuseum.org.uk/london/index.cfm

Sorry for my slight diversion from the topic there, I'm excited :D about the possibility of seeing Mike play live , evenifhe plays for25 mins or so.
@ Ray How did you book your tickets please?? Did you use that "Eventim.de",  the only thing is I know a little German,but  couldn't work out how to book tickets on that site, couldn't find a translation into English.

Auf Weidersehen, I'm off to improve my German.

Yes i used that site but I speak German so i was able to work through it.

I havnt found any other way.

It is quite easy but if you struggle I can help you - just mail me with a PM and i'll call you and talk you through it.

R   :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 30 2006, 17:39

I know Mike hasn't played live in a while but there is no way i'm paying all that money just to see him for a brief 20mins. It seems like a rediculously short set, by the time he's onstage, opened up, got into the swing of it, it'll all be over. Why so short?

Anyway I'm sure it'll be recorded and put online for everyone to see/hear.
Profile PM 
ToroAcu Offline

Posted: May 30 2006, 18:02

Hello.

The group of eight people who we will travel to Koln to see the concerts of days 15 and 16 of December we have received the entrances.

You can see scans of tickets.

Greetings from Spain.
Profile PM WEB 
Dutch Bells Offline

Posted: May 30 2006, 18:46

Quote (maria @ May 29 2006, 18:35)
edit:
Anymore fans going to Köln?????

yes, we are going from spain. maybe we can arrange it to meet u and your wife there?

Why not??

We have planned to go to Cologne early in the afternoon and look for an hotel for after the concert, leaving for home again on the saturday...

I guess we have to look for a meeting point in Cologne?
Profile PM 
AmarokFae Offline

Posted: May 30 2006, 20:11

This BETTER be uploaded to youtube after he performs...

--------------
*+*Faerie Kisses*+*
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: May 30 2006, 21:13

45 pounds eh, thats over $100 AUS. I'm having second thoughts, as I said, my sister lives there, so I would have free accommodation and a tour guide. But I would really want to go with another fan. Tansy, sell one of the kids and come with me! The cheaper tickets where you stand but are up the front, sound pretty good actually. I don't have a problem with standing, I prefer to stand when I am excited anyway. But then again, can't really see myself head banging to the orchestral section. I think the whole show would be excellent, certainly worth the money. It's the travelling alone and the airfares that is scaring me off. Oh dear.

Anyway from AUSTRALIA going????

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: May 31 2006, 05:49

Quote (TubularBelle @ May 30 2006, 21:13)
Tansy, sell one of the kids and come with me!

One Boy, boy for sale ...  :laugh:
Profile PM 
benediktmarkota Offline

Posted: May 31 2006, 15:32

For Frankfurt,which ones I should buy to be close to the band,the ones for 34 euro? And how can I buy these ones online?

well, a friend of mine who saw the show in the last years said that the seats are "far" away from the band... to be close to the band you need "not seated" places (whats the english word for "stehkarten" ???)... so we bought the cheap ones :-)
If we are fast enough we can be in the first line...
that`s in frankfurt, because not all concerts have "standing" areas...

you know what I mean ? :-))

so I bought the tickets here ->Tickets for Frankfurt
now 37 euro :-/

If there are any problems ... contact me ...

Benedikt
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: June 01 2006, 18:40

Quote (Dutch Bells @ May 30 2006, 18:46)
Why not??
We have planned to go to Cologne early in the afternoon and look for an hotel for after the concert, leaving for home again on the saturday...

yes, that is a good idea, we can arrange to meet on friday before the show when we know for sure what time our flight arrives. i have some german friends from köln, so i can find out about places.

keep in touch.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 01 2006, 22:47

Quote (Ray @ May 29 2006, 13:46)
Stop waivering and get your A... on  a flight......  I'll buy you a weitzen bier afterwards.

Mmmm.....there isn't anything like a good wheat beer.....unfortunately, I cannot come up for air (to see about being in the air) for a few weeks. Anything else to think about may push me over the edge (except I will check into the deadline to submit a conference presentation) and send my eyes permanently firing in different directions. Not to mention my brain. The Month That Ate My Brain. :O  But....thanks for the offer. :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 03 2006, 05:12

Hi

Anybody goes to Stuttgart to see him?

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
ToroAcu Offline

Posted: June 03 2006, 05:19

Quote (Dutch Bells @ May 30 2006, 18:46)

Good idea.
Profile PM WEB 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: June 04 2006, 16:30

I am going to order tickets for both Frankfurt concerts tomorrow. Thanks for the information about standing tickets being closer to the stage. Anyone want to meet up before the concerts? It would be good to get a group of people together  :D

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 

Posted: June 04 2006, 16:50

Quote (SimonUK @ June 04 2006, 18:30)
I am going to order tickets for both Frankfurt concerts tomorrow. Thanks for the information about standing tickets being closer to the stage. Anyone want to meet up before the concerts? It would be good to get a group of people together  :D

I'm going to attend the Frankfurt concerts  :)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 04 2006, 18:11

I'll have to speak to my friend  again about seeing Mike in Dortmund,as I don't want the tickets to sell out :O .  I wonder if I could run to see Mike  play at The Proms in Dusseldorf or Cologne too  :D.  
I'd travel to Germany alone if I had too,  the thing that worries me about this is I don't think my German is very good.  I did have  German and French penfriends at school. I wrote to my German friend in German and he didn't understand what I'd written.  Is anyone from the UK going to Dortmund, Dusseldorf or Cologne???, as it would be great to travel together.

I saw it was a beautiful day today ,I wasn't in the mood to go to work.I had a lousy day, now playing Tubular Bells,   the Piltdown Man Section  is the ULTIMATE primal scream therapy,feel better already    :cool: .

Here's some lyrics I found motivate me if I'm in one of my I don't want to go to work today moods,  no work means no money, and no Proms.      

Sung to the tune of "Surfing"

"Working, I'm working
To see Mike play at The Proms
Morning and evening I'm working
To see Mike play at The Proms"

I feel so much better after my Piltdown Man primal scream therapy  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
90 replies since May 24 2006, 19:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net