Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike to Play at Night of the Proms< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 26 2006, 09:57

Maybe we can all go to the same Proms concert, like all meet in Oberhausen for example...
that way we can have a sort of get-together thing.  :D

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 26 2006, 10:26

Would be cool. :D You're going to Oberhausen also?

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: May 26 2006, 11:21

Well, after reading your message I thought, well, that would be a cool one to go to yes!!! :)
haven't got tickets yet, but I think I'll buy soon...
First see how all that works with the ordering and stuff...
But yes, hope to go there and see you, and maybe some others too...  :cool:

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 26 2006, 13:31

Earlier in the year I was making plans to go to England in july to see stuff related to my MSc in Biotechnology I'm going to do it next year...since july is vacations' time,and the best period for me to travel to Europe is on december/january to check things out,so I postponed my trip and then this wonderful news appeared...

I know it's only 20-25 minutes of Mike,but if the time he's on stage is going to be like the experience of watching 20 minutes of Robert Fripp playing his Soundscapes @ G3 concerts here in 2004...that would perfect for me.I'm planning to attend the Frankfurt concerts.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 27 2006, 12:46

Combining the event with something else sounds like a good approach. I'm still waivering. Around that time, there is a conference in London that I sometimes attend--a hop, skip, and fairly quick plane ride away. Probably by the time I get around to making a decision, it will already be made for me (i.e., no more tickets).  :/

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Boktenedo Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 17:35

:O  :O  :O  :O  :O

OMG
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 18:23

That's Findlay and I booked for Oberhausen on the 17th Dec.

Rayjavascript:emoticon(':D';)

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 22:31

OK I apologise for the MS is crap comment, I was out of line! I just meant to say really that if he was doing a 20 minute instrumental set, I would definitely still be considering it.

And Tati when you say Mike is playing ALL the NotP dates, he is playing ALL of the German dates, none in the other countries. 18 dates from Dec 1 to Dec 22, what a Xmas present eh!

I would also still consider going if a group were meeting up but everyone will be buying different tickets for different days or different rows at least. And for those of us who need a little time to explore the logisitics of all this, we will miss out completely because tickets are selling fast. Of course I don't know those cities so maybe some are not so populated or accessible. Off to my corner to cry now. :/

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 05:57

Everyone all has their own individual circumstances . With my  situation, it wouldn't merit all the negotiation/raise expenses/travelling  to see Mike Oldfield play live for a short time. It would have been wonderful to have been able to visit Germany,stay over  for a couple of days ,see a little of the country combined with a night at the proms & all the rest of the music to enjoy apart from M.O's contribution . But, must accept not for me.
I have lovely memory of the last concert at Wembley,feel fortunate to have been able to go there, at least I've seen M.O play live once before (many haven't I know)and how it felt when confirmed I was really going to get there! So, can appreciate the feelings of those who are going to Germany ... especially for those who have never seen M.O play live .Really exited for you all, wish you a great time, magical memories. Take lots of photos to post on return :D
Profile PM 
Afgyhi Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 06:27

Ive got tickets today! Luckely my parents live near Düsseldorf. So it isnt that expensive for me. I havent seen Mike live before, so Im really excited for this concert though its short!

--------------
Crises! Crises!!
Profile PM 
ToroAcu Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 07:27

I am very happy.

I and seven friends, eight in total (with maria of this forums), travel to Köln 15 and 16 of December, to view two concerts. Wowww

These two days will be my first live with Mike ;-)
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 12:19

Quote (Ray @ May 29 2006, 00:23)
That's Findlay and I booked for Oberhausen on the 17th Dec.

Well, see you there! ;)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 12:32

Too bad - won't meet either of you, since they are also here in Bremen (my hometown) on the 12th - no need to try to convince my wife and friends that come with me to go anywhere else, who already had doubts about paying 60Eur for just 25 minutes of Oldfield...
(AWD-Dome, block 207, row 1, seats 1-4 - just in case someone else wants to meet me there, seats 8ff. and row 2 are currently still available...)
Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 14:46

Quote (Inkanta @ May 27 2006, 17:46)
Combining the event with something else sounds like a good approach. I'm still waivering. Around that time, there is a conference in London that I sometimes attend--a hop, skip, and fairly quick plane ride away. Probably by the time I get around to making a decision, it will already be made for me (i.e., no more tickets).  :/

Stop waivering and get your A... on  a flight......  I'll buy you a weitzen bier afterwards.

Ray.  :D   :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: May 29 2006, 14:49

now im very confused...
What in h... is happening??
Is realy mike playing??
Are there any sold out concerts?
Is there hope? And what is this night music thing??

I just came from Scotland and saw the most powerful concert in my life ever!!
David Gilmour and Richard wright took my breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing!

So please explain!
what is happening?? Do i realy miss Mike now?

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 14:54

Kay,

No there are lots of tickets left.  There are lots of dates, mike only plays 20 minutes we are going to Oberhausen nr Frankfurt.

There are even some single seats in reasonable blocks - the link to book on line.  OMD are not too bad either.

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
benediktmarkota Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 16:50

would be great to meet some international fans in FRANKFURT (22 December)

If anyone has tickets let me know
I`ll be there (and some other fans from the german forum)

Tubular Greetings from Germany

Benedikt
(once www.oldfieldmike.com )
Profile PM WEB 
Dutch Bells Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 18:18

Well I must be a lucky guy, at last the Newsletter from Alexander Schweigert gave me a bit of luck.
Received it last wednesday and bought tickets immediately (just received them, and put them on the mirror in the living room so everybody can see them)
My wife and I will be going to Köln on the 15th december......
YES, YES, YES.
I have never seen MO live, i'm thrilled on being at the NOTP!!
As you can see by my nickname, Germany isn't that far away.
Anymore fans going to Köln?????
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 18:35

Quote (ToroAcu @ May 29 2006, 07:27)
I am very happy.
I and seven friends, eight in total (with maria of this forums), travel to Köln 15 and 16 of December, to view two concerts. Wowww
These two days will be my first live with Mike ;-)

sííí i am the eight passenger in the spanish expedition to germany :)

even if it is a bit crazy maybe, being just a twenty five set in each concert, i have never been to germany before, and a couple good shows is a good excuse for me to jump north for a while and do some tourism in Cologne.

i am looking forward to listen to him playing live again and this time with some friends who will really appreciate it.

i am wondering now what he will play.. if i could choose...

a 10 minutes excerpt from ommadawn
norht star - platinum
return to the origin - tr3s lunas
tears of an angel - light and shade

and also... it would be great if he revealed at least a small bit of the new album, do u think that is possible?

edit:
Anymore fans going to Köln?????

yes, we are going from spain. maybe we can arrange it to meet u and your wife there?

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 19:44

I've spoken to a friend Di, about this NOTP, she's interested in going to Dortmund, has a son live 10miles away.  The only thing is will need to find a hotel as her son has a 1 bedroom flat.

I'm thinking that Dussledorf and Cologne aren't far from Dortmund,I'm wondering if my finances will permit me to go a second night,  :/ , at 66.5Euros, £45.60 for the most expensive tickets is less than I thought they'd be.  

I'm pondering on the best way to get there,   I get  somuch free travel and  1/4fare on UK rail services and I think I get a reduction on Eurostar and certain European countries rail networks    :cool: .  The only thing is typed in a journey leaving at 10am from London Waterloo International to Dusseldorf, involved getting the 17:09  to Paris changing onto a night train for Dusseldorf arriving at about 08:25 the following morning,would take too long.
The other alternative is to fly, but having never flown before I have no idea what it's like. Saying that If I can handle a flight simulator of a WW1 Dogfight, chasing The Red Baron then I'm sure an airline flight is nowhere near as rough in comparison.
BTW the flight simulator is at the RAF Museum in Hendon (north London),and is like ones used to train RAF pilots.
For a day out there's so much to see there.  The good news is it's fully wheelchair (I'mnot disabled,but did accompany a wheelchair user there) and is also free admission for all   :) (I like to leave a donation).  Check out

www.rafmuseum.org.uk/london/index.cfm

Sorry for my slight diversion from the topic there, I'm excited :D about the possibility of seeing Mike play live , evenifhe plays for25 mins or so.
@ Ray How did you book your tickets please?? Did you use that "Eventim.de",  the only thing is I know a little German,but  couldn't work out how to book tickets on that site, couldn't find a translation into English.

Auf Weidersehen, I'm off to improve my German.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
90 replies since May 24 2006, 19:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net