Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike to Play at Night of the Proms< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 24 2006, 19:52

Mike has announced that he will be joining the Nokia Night of The Proms tour of Germany for December 2006.

Update June 25: Oldfield.de and TaurusIV.net report that Maggie Reilly is confirmed to sing with Mike Oldfield.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 24 2006, 21:18

If i needed an excuse to give up smoking and drinking - this is it! I need to save a few pennies to afford the air fare and ticket cost.

But tickets seem to be selling very fast, munich sold out as I watched tonight, and just a few left at Bremen and Hamburg, which are the 2 places i can get local flights to.

Any other Brits plan on heading that way? It would be nice to have some travelling company.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 01:21

Is Mike playing at ALL the gigs in Germany?

The ironic thing is that my sister presently lives in Germany so I would only have to raise the airfare and ticket costs, BUT we aren't speaking to each other, and she is planning to come home for Xmas. Oh the pain, the pain!

But I haven't given up yet, I'll wait till all the concerts are sold out and then give up!

LATER:

Well I wrote an email to Germany asking for the itinerary, still waiting to hear from them. There are at least 5 other artists performing in Germany so that means that either Mike is not performing at all of the 18 dates OR he will be sharing the stage with several artists and may be only doing a tiny set, not worth a trip across the world for a half hour show.

I checked out the websites for OMD, Chico and the Gypsies, John Miles and Tony Henry, and only OMD's site has been updated to include mention of the Night of the Proms and that only says that they are joining MO and John Miles in concert.

I had never heard of Tony Henry before, he looks interesting, a tenor described as Britains answer to Pavarotti. He performed in Cardiff at the 2003 FA Cup Final and is now 'the voice of Arsenal'. So I imagine you Brits know about him. He also sang at Prince Edwards 40th birthday and resides in Scotland.

If anyone has any News about Mike and this tour, please tell us.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Deadcalm Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: May 25 2006, 03:31

When I saw the Headlines    I quickly thought is this a restage
of the British Version where "John Williams" Guested Live on
National TV.. I think it was the "Last Night" as well ... AH well
its Germany...  Not to Be it seems... Be interesting to hear
what the Set list is played in Germany though !! :D
Profile PM 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 04:27

more info about what the Night of the Proms are :
Night of the Proms official site English

Mike come to Antwerp, this is the original place where it all started... Most artists who did the complete tour, say that Antwerp were the best gigs... :cool:

Damn, we get Texas  :(

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 10:13

It's logical to me that Mike performs in all the places. He says he joins the tour, so that means he plays in all the places included in the tour.

I just ordered my tickets for the concert in Oberhausen, 17 december. :) My seats are near the stage! I'm really excited!!!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 11:08

Please explain what is this all about?
it is a tour organized by mike?
what it will be played?

where we can find tickets??

please give me some info

--------------
Reaching through the dark, do you have to go??
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: May 25 2006, 11:34

Quote (Incantations2085 @ May 25 2006, 17:08)
Please explain what is this all about?
it is a tour organized by mike?
what it will be played?

where we can find tickets??

please give me some info

The tour is not organized by Mike. He will only be guesting on all 18 concerts spanning 12 German towns.

What you can expect will be songs like "Shadow On The Wall", "To France" and "Moonlight Shadow" performed with an orchestra.

Most of the venues have reserved tickets for VIPs so regular tickets are selling quite fast.

TOURDATES 2006
Fr. 01.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Hamburg, Color Line Arena - seated
Sa. 02.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Hamburg, Color Line Arena - seated
So. 03.12.2006, 18 Uhr, Hannover, TUI Arena - seated
Di. 05.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Erfurt, Messehalle - seated
Do. 07.12.2006, 20 Uhr, München, Olympiahalle - seated
Fr. 08.12.2006, 20 Uhr, München, Olympiahalle - not seated
Sa. 09.12.2006, 20 Uhr, München, Olympiahalle - not seated
So. 10.12.2006, 14 Uhr, München, Olympiahalle - seated
Di. 12.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Bremen, AWD Dome - seated
Mi. 13.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Dortmund, Westfalenhalle - not seated
Do. 14.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Düsseldorf, Dome in Rath - seated
Fr. 15.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Köln, Kölnarena - seated
Sa. 16.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Köln, Kölnarena - not seated
So. 17.12.2006, 18 Uhr, Oberhausen, König Pilsener Arena - seated
Di. 19.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Mannheim, SAP Arena - seated
Mi. 20.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Stuttgart, Schleyerhalle - seated
Do. 21.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Frankfurt, Festhalle - not seated
Fr. 22.12.2006, 20 Uhr, Frankfurt, Festhalle - not seated

Here´s a link for those interested in booking:

THE NOKIA NIGHT OF THE PROMS 2006

Good luck! ;)
Profile PM 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 13:52

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ May 25 2006, 16:13)
It's logical to me that Mike performs in all the places. He says he joins the tour, so that means he plays in all the places included in the tour.

Yes, all gigs in Germany, but not in Belgium or the Netherlands... :/

Well, I hope Mike enjoys it very much and will consider doing the Belgian and the Dutch part of the tour next year...

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 14:03

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ May 25 2006, 12:13)

Not necessarily.I remember when Alan Parsons appeared on NOTP in 97,he did just a few dates of the tour.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Man From The Moon Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 15:14

But aren't You afraid, That Mike's performance will be veeeery short? I'm afraid, that Mike will not play 18 large concerts "day-by-day".
Profile PM 

Posted: May 25 2006, 17:59

The performances are short,about 15-20 minutes,as far as I remember when Alan Parsons played in 97 in the NOTP in Holland.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 20:37

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing from South Australia and am hoping to travel to Germany for the sole purpose of seeing Mike Oldfield perform in concert. I cannot find any information about the concerts other than the dates. Could you please tell me if Mike will be performing at All 18 dates, and if he will be on stage with other performers, hence not providing a full length concert of his own. Is there any chance you could provide me with an outline of the evenings itinerary. Also are any of the concerts already SOLD OUT. And do ALL the cities listed have international airports? Thanking You in advance, Tracy Aplin.

Bereitgestellt: Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2006 08:57
Bereitgestellt in: Posteingang
Unterhaltung: Mike Oldfield at the Night of the Proms, Dec 2006.
Betreff: Mike Oldfield at the Night of the Proms, Dec 2006.

Hi, our event presents 50% classical music and 50% pop, Mike will be one part, his performance will be about 20-25 minutes. Please check the German site of www.notp.com, here you will find all dates on sale (some shows are sold out, already) Best Dirk Hohmeyer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the response to the email I sent, unfortunately that counts me out, I can't warrant spending that amount of money travelling across the World for a 25 minute show, even for Mike, esp if he is going to be playing crap like MS and other pop songs. I'll just have to sit here and watch my Montreux dvd over again.  :music:

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: May 26 2006, 05:14

Thanks to all!

Man in the rain thank you so much!

The tubular society is always kind!!!!

--------------
Reaching through the dark, do you have to go??
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: May 26 2006, 06:00

Quote (TubularBelle @ May 25 2006, 20:37)

I can't warrant spending that amount of money travelling across the World for a 25 minute show, even for Mike, esp if he is going to be playing crap like MS and other pop songs. I'll just have to sit here and watch my Montreux dvd over again.  :music:

Hi Tracy, I wouldn't personaly refer to MS as "crap" , never become tired of listening to that fantastic guitar in it ,for one thing. But, respect to our individual tastes .I will happily join you "hands across the sea" to do the dvd thing though. All that travelling/expense for so little time of M.O playing would be too much for me as well :/ It's just like a torment isn't it? Will have to wait it out for full concerts whenever ... perhaps it'll be a good idea to get all the dvd's ready :laugh:
Profile PM 

Posted: May 26 2006, 06:13

Someone at the spanish forum emailed the production of the show and confirmed that Mike is going to do all the concerts for NOTP...

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: May 26 2006, 06:32

Quote (Incantations2085 @ May 26 2006, 11:14)
Thanks to all!

Man in the rain thank you so much!

The tubular society is always kind!!!!

You´re very welcome!  :)
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 26 2006, 06:55

Quote (Tansy @ May 26 2006, 11:00)
Quote (TubularBelle @ May 25 2006, 20:37)

I can't warrant spending that amount of money travelling across the World for a 25 minute show, even for Mike, esp if he is going to be playing crap like MS and other pop songs. I'll just have to sit here and watch my Montreux dvd over again.  :music:

Hi Tracy, I wouldn't personaly refer to MS as "crap" , never become tired of listening to that fantastic guitar in it ,for one thing. But, respect to our individual tastes .I will happily join you "hands across the sea" to do the dvd thing though. All that travelling/expense for so little time of M.O playing would be too much for me as well :/ It's just like a torment isn't it? Will have to wait it out for full concerts whenever ... perhaps it'll be a good idea to get all the dvd's ready :laugh:

I love Moonlight Shadow, since I first hearing it, so I too wouldn't dismiss MS as crap.

I know Mike's set is likely to  be short, at 25 mins, but I also quite like classical music too.   I've never been to Germany,I'd like to go,my parents have been there and  friend has a son in the army there, the scenery looks stunning.

I'm trying to do my maths and seen if I can afford it,on my wages :O (since it doesn't look like I'm going to get to Hergest Ridge in July) ,it's £51 for a passport, plus transport and hotel costs, 18-24 Euros for a ticket seems reasonable  :) .  I'm trying to improve my German.
The only thing is I'd like to have  a companion(s) to travel with, I don't fancy going alone.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 26 2006, 08:26

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ May 26 2006, 12:13)
Someone at the spanish forum emailed the production of the show and confirmed that Mike is going to do all the concerts for NOTP...

Thanks Tati for that info. It pleases me that he does all the gigs. :) Can't hardly wait! See you there Mike!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: May 26 2006, 09:31

Quote (moonchildhippy @ May 26 2006, 06:55)
Hi Tracy, I wouldn't personaly refer to MS as "crap" ...I love Moonlight Shadow, since I first hearing it, so I too wouldn't dismiss MS as crap.

I wouldn't even dismiss it as pop!

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
90 replies since May 24 2006, 19:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net