Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike To Appear on Radio 2's Good Morning Sunday< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 21 2006, 18:30

Mike will appear on the BBC Radio 2 program, Good Morning Sunday, on 28 May 2006, between 7-9AM. Thanks to Deadcalm and olracuk for the information!

The program's website is located at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/goodmorningsun/.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 21 2006, 20:15

Sounds quite interesting to hear,and as I could read on the show's profile...it would be the radio version of Heaven and Earth Show(where Mike appeared in 2002)

And Mike will meet again Aled Jones,the Pictures in the Dark boy!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ostach Offline

Posted: May 22 2006, 11:34

will anyone record it? it would be nice :)

--------------
I stay
I pray
See you in heaven one day...
Profile PM 

Posted: May 22 2006, 12:22

Quote (Ostach @ May 22 2006, 13:34)
will anyone record it? it would be nice :)

I'd love that,since for me the time is horrible...3-5 am in the morning...me having pictures in the dark... :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 22 2006, 14:03

I think all Radio 2 shows are available for download after they've been broadcast. So I wouldn't worry to much if you miss it.
Profile PM 
ToroAcu Offline

Posted: May 22 2006, 16:05

Thanks by the avise, Inkanta.
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: May 25 2006, 04:07

Is that guy whose photo is on the site, Aled Jones, he would only be about 30 years old wouldn't he, he looks older than that. Is he really the PitD boy?

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 

Posted: May 25 2006, 14:06

Quote (TubularBelle @ May 25 2006, 06:07)
Is that guy whose photo is on the site, Aled Jones, he would only be about 30 years old wouldn't he, he looks older than that. Is he really the PitD boy?

Yep,it is the Aled Jones we've known as the PitD boy

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 04:32

Its up for listening http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/goodmorningsun/  Skip to about 1 hr 15 mins as mike is not too far from this. The next jump takes you already into the interview.
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 08:21

It's easier to access it via taurusiv.net.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 12:06

I don't know what to make of that 'I don't know whether to make it a double album with an all orchestral version and an eletronic version'. I had it my mind he was going to make a semi orchestral 70' style album, a kind of cross between Hergest Ridge and Mont St Michel, which would sound amazing I think. I really don't see the point in going to the effort of recording to different versions of the same piece in two different styles, it sounds like it could be a case of Mike tying to appease two different types of listener, not going to happen. Mixing eletronic stuff with orchestral could be good, he did it brilliantly for the Killing Fields, though I shudder at the thought of what a semi orchestral version of L+S might sound like.
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 12:14

He's happy, middle aged and has no more deamons to fight so the hunger may be a little less than in the 70s. I hope not though and have a good feeling he will bring out another classic but he does tend to contradict himself all the time by changing his mind. I don't think he wants to apease anyone as he makes his music to please himself as he said in his last interview.
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 12:27

But he does want to appease people though or at least appeal to a certain audience, he's made it pretty clear on occasion. Its obvious in the last decade and certainly recently his sound has desperately tried to fit in with whats deemed trendy and hip be it Cafe Del Mar chill out or Euro trance music. In principle I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with trying to hip and up to date as long as it doesn't start sounding contrived.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 12:55

darn it! I totally forgot to listen to the radio sessions. I wrote it down and I forgot it! But thanks to Eeton for recording it!!!!! :)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 14:44

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ May 28 2006, 18:55)
But thanks to Eeton for recording it!!!!! :)

Heh, in fact, it wasn't me who recorded it, I only found the link at ToroAcu's blog.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 15:30

Quote (TOBY @ May 28 2006, 18:06)
I don't know what to make of that 'I don't know whether to make it a double album with an all orchestral version and an eletronic version'.

He said "a normal, electronic version", it doesn't necessarily mean a totally electronic album but one in that he uses non-orchestral instruments (as electric guitars) more freely. At least that's how I interpreted it, though indeed Mike seems to change his mind from time to time.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
ToroAcu Offline

Posted: May 28 2006, 18:32

Sorry, i have problems with the bandwith of this month in my server.

You can download here:

Mike Oldfield in Good Morning Sunday - MP3

Greetings from Spain.
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 12:21

Owh, oops, sorry! Thanks to ToroAcu for recording it!!!! :)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
DarkFeline Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 15:26

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe I missed listening to the show, I even blogged about it before and yet I missed it! :(

Thanks for the link ToroAcu, but for now YouSendIt seems to be wonky, can't download the file.

--------------
Who's your mummy, where she go?
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: May 29 2006, 15:31

:/  :/  Yes it's right ..the same thing for me ..can't download the file too...
Profile PM 
28 replies since May 21 2006, 18:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net