Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike possibly featuring on Yorks new album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 11 2011, 18:06

Let's wait and see what's going to happen then...we need to get our L+S and Tr3s Lunas out of our shelves,though.

If they come up with something like Mike + Schiller's mutual collaboration,that would be nice ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2011, 18:16

If Mike is really his hero maybe Torsten should be more "humble"  !

Tati i don't know what you mean about tres Lunas , i think it's a good album ...not really the same for L+S even if it contains some nice track anyway !

But i agree 100% with Schiller collaboration ! something like this would be very good !
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 11 2011, 19:02

Some fans here don't like MO's electronic side like we've got on TL and L+S,and York's credentials are on this very same area.I can't stand people who are not humble at all...even for trance standards,York has never been a huge name like Above & Beyond and others.

Still don't get why a remix album of old tunes.Many famous DJs release their original album,a few months later we've got it remixed in full.If it's to try to appeal a new audience,that's fine for me...what I do care is decent,great music,no matter what style but Mike being himself musically speaking.If it's electronic and pure MO,that's what matters to me.Not MO trying to pretend to be something that he's not.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
wiga Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2011, 15:26

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Oct. 12 2011, 00:02)
If it's electronic and pure MO,that's what matters to me.

Tati - hear hear!

And not forgetting that the ambient meanderings of Tubular Bells prefigured much of the chill-out music of todays comtemporary acts.

Mike Oldfield in 1973 WAS todays chill-out!!

And if this is where he's most comfortable right now.

Good! :cool:

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2011, 11:51

Quote (Matt @ Aug. 16 2011, 17:15)
The comments suggest Mike features on at least one chillout track on the album which is due to be released later in 2011.

Kudos to Tati for spotting this!

I'm wondering if York are still on schedule to release their Chillout album THIS year - and if Mike gets a track on there?

Hope so.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 22 2011, 08:59

Quote (wiga @ Nov. 20 2011, 15:51)
I'm wondering if York are still on schedule to release their Chillout album THIS year - and if Mike gets a track on there?

Most recent comments suggest the new album has slipped into 2012. A recent facebook post from York said this:

the new single is coming mid of december...another on in january & february and then the new album with lots of new tracks is planned for around april:-)

No idea what of that, if any, will involve input from Mike. From what they have been saying I think *something* might, most probably something on the April album...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2011, 15:18

According to wikipaedia... As of late 2011 'York' is signed to the major dutch dance record label Armada Music. A new album - 'Islander' - is ready for a winter 2011 release.  Islander (December 19, 2011) release date.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: May 30 2012, 18:42

There some news of MO's collaborations with Torsten Stenzel:

Oldfield & Stenzel

There's a new recording of Theme From The Exorcist. Unfortunately it sounds like a bad cover of Tubular Bells 2003.

An edit of the orchestral themes from The Killing Fields and  the an excerpt from MOTS.

Guilty 2011

This is a very good remix/re-edit of Guilty with a suberb video clip.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: May 31 2012, 02:45

Torsten Stenzel Interview

He mentions in this interview that the remix album is going to be released this year.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: May 31 2012, 05:43

----
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 31 2012, 07:16

Interesting indeed. The TB re-recording (again?) seems quite unnecessary - why couldn't they just use TB2003?

Guilty, on the other hand, sounds great. Cool video clip, indeed, though it's rather un-Mike. (Except for the helicopter, of course!  ;) )

An album full of remixes like that is something I'd be looking forward to. And this "music for pictures" thing - would that mean they are interested in working on new films together? Otherwise, why set up such a page in the first place?

Edit: yeah, I guess I should read the whole text before asking stupid questions... so they actually are available to create film scores! That's quite an unexpected turn in Mike's career... though not necessarily a bad one! Wonder if anything will actually materialize here...
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 31 2012, 07:17

Heh - looks like they had loads of fun filming that guilty video :D

Not convinced by the remix personally -"not my cup of tea" as they say...

Interesting links st paul!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 31 2012, 08:05

BTW, Guilty 2011? This hasn't been available previously though, has it? If it has, it has flown right by me!
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: May 31 2012, 13:51

I was nor released yet. I'm very surprised by this remix as I thought Torsten Stenzel can only produce Trance and Eurodance kind of stuff. The Guilty remix kicks ass - I expected something embarrassing- like to hear the full length mix. Sadly the video mix is in mono and edited.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 31 2012, 18:24

Quote (stpaul @ May 31 2012, 19:51)
The Guilty remix kicks ass

I agree. I could not say anything bad about it whatsoever even if I wanted to. It's a tasteful dance mix of what was a dance track in the first place. Great remix, great video, well done!
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: June 03 2012, 12:03

And this "music for pictures" thing - would that mean they are interested in working on new films together? Otherwise, why set up such a page in the first place?

Edit: yeah, I guess I should read the whole text before asking stupid questions... so they actually are available to create film scores! That's quite an unexpected turn in Mike's career... though not necessarily a bad one! Wonder if anything will actually materialize here...

I can hardly believe it! Then one of my greatest wishes concerning Mike's musical creativity would really come true! I've always thought that MOTS would have fitted perfectly for a film score!
:)

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: June 03 2012, 16:38

They began collaborating in 2010, so perhaps they already has something in the pipeline (which could be the "lifetime" time Mike is talking about).
Is that TB2003 on that player? It really does sound like a general midi file gone wrong.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: June 03 2012, 17:31

Quote (larstangmark @ June 03 2012, 22:38)
Is that TB2003 on that player?

No, it's not.

It really does sound like a general midi file gone wrong.

Yes, it does...
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 08 2012, 13:58

And here it goes:

http://www.armadamusic.com/news/2012/09/york-islanders/

And seems that Mike has been also involved on this here:
http://offshore-music.co.uk/oldfield_and_stenzel/

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2012, 15:33

Thank you Tati! The new York album will be released 28 september. Track no. 2, Islander, features MO (on guitar?).
Profile PM 
66 replies since Aug. 16 2011, 12:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net