Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike on YouTube< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Bassman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 13 2008, 16:41

This is a long shot (and a bit of a t/j) from a much-less-than-perfect memory (mine), but I seem to recall from way back when that Phil Carson was the gent who did the original single mixes of TB back in 1973.  I'm not talking about the ham-fisted re-creation that appears on "A Virgin Compilation" (and, subsequently, Rhino's 23rd volume in the "Have A Nice Day" series). The single itself never gave credit to who did the edits but they were awesome then and they're awesome now.  I think every fan in North America owes him a debt of gratitude... his efforts ensured that MO got airplay here (on AM radio, no less!), not to mention the resulting promotion and recognition.

If that's the guy, of course!
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2008, 13:56

I dare say that this has been discussed on the forum before,but it`s a completely new one on me I have to say.Anyway it`s Mike Oldfield on  through the keyhole in 2000.

Eight bloomin` years ago and how out of date does that "giant" tv look?..And videos up on the shelf???...Oh yeah Mr Technolgy alright. :p And everybody`s got Captain Kirk`s chair nowadays Lloyd,where the hell have you been,outer space?..Good grief,..Beam me up Scottie!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2008, 12:41

Someone on here mentioned a vid of Mike playing May I with Kevin Ayres.I've looked all over YouTube and i can't find it anywhere.Can anyone help?

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2008, 12:52

Found it!God he looks young!Still can't find Whatevershebringswesing from the same programme though.

--------------
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2008, 14:30

I like how they reveal MO's identity at the end of the house vid, like he's bachelor #1 on The Dating Game!  LOL

And the lopsided smirk as if to be saying to himself, "Why am I involved in this cack?".
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2008, 14:35

Through the Keyhole was a really sh*t programme.Generally they had z list celebs.And Lloyd Grossman is just irritating with an accent that doesn't know if it's American or English! :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2008, 15:28

Well I`m a little bit saddened that the rest of that Through The Keyhole clip is`nt there,having never seen it.Normally once they`d revealed the celebrity for "the studio audience and the benefit of the viewers at home folks"..They would then have another panel of "celebreties" (which would invariably include Eve Pollard in a low cut dress,)trying to guess who it was.So you would get questions like "Is he a sportsman?..Is he a politician?.....Is he a multi-instrumentalist/composer/Electric Guitar Player who has an interest in video games and motorbikes?...And old David Frost there would only be allowed to answer yes or no etc..Unless of course it was a real absolute nonentity, whereby he`d be dropping so many clues in there they`d have been better off putting the name up anyway..And half the time you`d still be none the bloody wiser.

I`m pretty sure that by the time of year 2000, TTK was a daytime show as well so they got even more desperate you know.I mean quite surprising to see even Mike on there really I must admit.That said it would have been interesting to see who was on there guessing,and whether they were successful or not.I can see David Frost there now actualy dropping the odd bloody "hint" here and there just to help them along.."Well he did record one of the biggest selling albums of the 70`s........And there was only two tracks on it...wink wink"..And then old Frostie`s interview as well afterwards would have been soooo interesting.."So Mike tell us how old you were when.....AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2008, 00:58

tubularnet.com

Oh Yeah baby.. bring it on B.G.[QUOTE]

Cheers
Tubular twerp
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2008, 20:50

Quote (bevy @ June 08 2006, 23:40)
pictures in the dark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70mnh51mLMg&search=mike%20oldfield

This message is meant for the person who has written that cheeky quote in blue... put it back and behave yourself or you will get a good walloping from your mama
Cheers,
Deb
Profile PM 
PerfectStranger Offline

Posted: Dec. 12 2008, 07:06

You seen this one here? It is wrongly attributed to Jarre&Vangelis...

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=3GC59BtPnys

And also this one for the guitarists out there: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=ddVBGVI_hgA

--------------
...laughing at the world till the barman wipes away the warm wet circles...
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2009, 01:16

Quote (Burning Fish @ Dec. 28 2007, 01:20)
Mike Oldfield Top 2000 Interview (2007)

Nice one never seen that one before
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2009, 23:07

Quote (bevy @ Feb. 27 2009, 04:16)
Quote (Burning Fish @ Dec. 28 2007, 01:20)
Mike Oldfield Top 2000 Interview (2007)

Nice one never seen that one before

That one makes me laugh...Mike in Monaco,his faces,his reading glasses...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
bevy Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2009, 13:21

Lets get this thread going again..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ0rC7fzMYA
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 04 2009, 05:11

Quote (Bassman @ Oct. 15 2008, 14:30)
I like how they reveal MO's identity at the end of the house vid, like he's bachelor #1 on The Dating Game! LOL And the lopsided smirk as if to be saying to himself, "Why am I involved in this cack?".

Probably because he was thinking just that, what cack! deb
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2010, 13:30

I've come across this very nice in depth 2007 Interview that I've not seen before - located in Majorca.

I particularly like the end when he's tinkering on the piano and the interviewer asks why is MoTS better than TB. He says - " ...it's better! and don't ask me why - I hate that question 'why' - it just is!" He says it in a similar voice to "you dirty rat." :cool:

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2010, 07:47

I do like the clip on Youtube of Mike recording a guitar part for TB II.He messes up and says "OH F*CKING HELL....can we do it again?".He is human after all! :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2010, 07:48

Quote (wiga @ Feb. 02 2010, 13:30)
I've come across this very nice in depth 2007 Interview that I've not seen before - located in Majorca.

I particularly like the end when he's tinkering on the piano and the interviewer asks why is MoTS better than TB. He says - " ...it's better! and don't ask me why - I hate that question 'why' - it just is!" He says it in a similar voice to "you dirty rat." :cool:

And yes it is funny.The "Why" question rears it's ugly head again!

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2010, 10:01

Just seen a stonking bit of footage from Munchen 1980.It's kind of a documantary with bits of interview interspersed with a performance of Punkadiddle and Platinum with the band from Knebworth.The Pltinum performance is great and there's even a bit of Mirage stuck in there!How i love the internet!

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2010, 18:51

Munchen - that's Munich, isn't it? "Munchen" sounds like the headquarters of Jenny Craig...  :D
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Feb. 17 2010, 03:10

Munich is München in German.
Profile PM 
108 replies since June 10 2006, 03:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net