Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike on the Swiss radio, Several times a day< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
yanouch65 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 06 2008, 21:58

The Swiss radio "Option Musique" is speaking about Mr Oldfield this week and plays some of his most famous tracks several times a day.

Here is the link of this radio
http://www.rsr.ch/option-....ldfield

;)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 04:17

Wow, that's very cool... I hope they don't forget to play "The Lake". :)
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 14:30

They have only played Mike's songs.

Moonlight Shadow, Mistake, Shadow on the Wall....etc

:(

What about Ommadawn and Tubular Bells?

What a pity!
:/

--------------

Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 16:36

It´s in French - c´est le merde...
everybody should communicate in English or not at all.  :D

(and no I´m not from UK...I´m from Denmark which also have a stupid language nobody else understand)   :p
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 16:57

I don't understand French, but I can't see why French is shit and (for example) German is not. :) OK, English is kind of the Esperanto of the 2000s (and beyond), but I honestly don't believe what linguists here say, that in 2030 Italian will disappear and Italy will speak English. Nobody outside of Italy understands Italian (except maybe for Spanish people), yet I've yet to hear one Italian person stating that the Italian language is stupid. :D

By the way - @ prisoner: When you speak in your native language, do you sound like the cook in the Muppet Show? :laugh: :D

@ yanouch: May I listen to this radio station online? Shame the week is almost over...

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2008, 21:41

:D Englishmen should be expected to show more humility and not forget that their language is not the most spoken in the world but Chinese is !  :p
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 00:05

Actually from what I can see of it, America speaks more spanish than anything else...

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 01:15

Quote (Ugo @ Nov. 07 2008, 22:57)
@ yanouch: May I listen to this radio station online? Shame the week is almost over...

Ugo....you will be able to listen to all the programmes about Mike next week, but not now.
I will let you know as soon as the radio has put them online.

:)

--------------

Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 03:48

Quote (prisoner.of.the.dark.sky @ Nov. 07 2008, 16:36)
It´s in French - c´est le merde...
everybody should communicate in English or not at all.  :D

(and no I´m not from UK...I´m from Denmark which also have a stupid language nobody else understand)   :p

Mistake? That's not an obvious choice! anyway, I'm sure they're to lazy to play excerpts from longer tracks. Perhaps they could have dug out "The Complete"?

On that other subject;
Noone speaks swedish outside of sweden, but I have never heard anyone seriously claim that the swedish language will disappear withing 30 years!

Edit:
I was meaning to quote yanouch65's post. Sorry about that!

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 08 2008, 08:09

Quote (Ugo @ Nov. 07 2008, 21:57)
By the way - @ prisoner: When you speak in your native language, do you sound like the cook in the Muppet Show? :laugh: :D

no no no - It´s more like animal (the mad, wild drummer) in both language and behaviour   :D  :D
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2008, 10:27

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Nov. 08 2008, 02:41)
:D Englishmen should be expected to show more humility and not forget that their language is not the most spoken in the world but Chinese is !  :p

Chinese is not a language  - it's a set of cartoons  :D  :D

PS  I'm going to Japan tomorrow - I will let them know you want them to all learn english.

(me too - i've got to go and talk to them   :/ )

Can I invent a new emoticon   (8-0), wide eyed open mouthed horror!

Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2008, 10:35

Oh - and it's ok as they are teaching the Chinese English - English will then be the most spoken.  English are not daft you know!  Except they tried it in Scotland as a dummy run - ie., only 4 million, people and they have had 302 years to perfect it.

Ooch noo, Fit like mon.  Farrs lijk us, dam few a'n thar aaa deed.

They have been somewhat sucessful in their lack of understanding of the language.

Also in Wales - where they all speak English, until someone from england walks into a shop - where upon they all start speaking Welsh.

I have never heard chinese spoken in a welsh village shop though, so there may be something in it.

R  :D  :D  :D

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Ciderginaspro Offline

Posted: Nov. 10 2008, 02:41

yes, that's in French.
and they made a mistake: they wrote "The sound of distant earth", is that a new album ??? :D  :p

actually a song is made with sounds, but really, why don't they verify their articles before they published them ??

pss... my mother language is French.... sorry for the mistakes in English....  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 10 2008, 09:27

Quote (Ray @ Nov. 09 2008, 10:35)

Oh - and it's ok as they are teaching the Chinese English - English will then be the most spoken.  English are not daft you know!  Except they tried it in Scotland as a dummy run - ie., only 4 million, people and they have had 302 years to perfect it.

Ooch noo, Fit like mon.  Farrs lijk us, dam few a'n thar aaa deed.

They have been somewhat sucessful in their lack of understanding of the language.

Also in Wales - where they all speak English, until someone from england walks into a shop - where upon they all start speaking Welsh.

I have never heard chinese spoken in a welsh village shop though, so there may be something in it.

R  :D  :D  :D

:D  :p Oh God ! You were in a really good shape !! :D Did you took something prohibited ? :D

Japan ?.... maybe you could help me .... ??? Do you speak Japanese ? I need to translate something into Japanese for using it as a sample in a next track . But i would like to have the correct pronunciation .

There's a lot of websites about this but i don't find the words and sentences i really need .
Profile PM 
13 replies since Nov. 06 2008, 21:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net