Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike On New Album Release, Tarja Turunen & Torsten Stenzel Project< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 01 2021, 06:01

Tarja and Torsten has combined for a new project called OUTLANDERS, each track features some amazing guitar players, Mike Oldfield is one of them, the album has been recorded over 10 years on Antigua. Mike released Tubular Beats with Torsten, and Tarja sang Never To Far with Mike from that album. Find out more below:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news....project
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2021, 20:09

All MO fans should BOYcott secondary work until a substantial new album is released. Outlanders indeed. So there  :p
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2021, 04:06

I am looking forward to hearing anything new from Mike, so I am looking forward to this.
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2021, 10:34

Quote (nightspore @ Nov. 01 2021, 20:09)
All MO fans should BOYcott secondary work until a substantial new album is released. Outlanders indeed. So there  :p

Maybe after all the pressure over the years of doing it all, he's quite happy to just add a few twiddles to someone else's work
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2021, 19:40

Forum breaks the link...

blabbermouth.net/news/tarja-turunen-teams-up-with-german-electronic-dance-producer-torsten-stenzel-on-outlanders
-project/
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2021, 19:57

:D I admire your dedication but Mike may have contributed to this as long as 10 years ago.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2021, 23:39

Quote (First_Excursion @ Nov. 02 2021, 19:57)

:D I admire your dedication but Mike may have contributed to this as long as 10 years ago.

By the same token Mike may have written substantial albums as long as 10 years ago. They could be waiting in a a bottom drawer, just next to the bag of secrets  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Marc_Vanholsbeeck Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2021, 15:13

Maybe it is just Never Too Far which is integrated to this album. I think it is more likely that this already existing collaboration between the 3 artists is rereleased in the context of this album, than getting an unreleased new track. But off cours I would love to be proven wrong.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2021, 20:14

"Never Too Far" unscrambled reads "Enervator. FO". Enough said!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2021, 05:25

I doubt it, this is for a new project called OUTLANDERS, so to me it seems like it will be new music.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 04 2021, 14:02

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2021, 21:07

Mike should release an album called The Dark Side of the Tubular Bell. Maggie Wryly could have the final word saying, "Matter of fact, it only has one side". MObius strips, etc: the 5 line staff would be like the paper strip, with a half twist so that the musical notes at the beginning match those at the end.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2021, 04:24

Here is the website for the project, which has more information about the recording of the music.

https://www.tarja-outlanders.com/
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 01 2023, 03:42

Well, the full track list has been revealed, and sadly, it is Never To Far, so, nothing new.
Profile PM 
13 replies since Nov. 01 2021, 06:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net