Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike on Echoes, glimpse of the rerecording of TB< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 19 2002, 19:48

Two short comments about the new TB:

1) The guitar (Tele? Strat? PRS?) sounds way better than in 1973.
2) The second excerpt sound clearer and more intoned... yes, I understood that, Toby, it was a joke.  :)  :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2002, 11:49

Just heard the interview, since I wasn't able to hear it when it was broadcasted.
I found it iterresting. And I feel sorry for the Americans...

Vielen dank Andreas!

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
James
Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 21 2002, 09:22

Greetings.

Mike is in the November  edition (issued now)  of Sound on Sound the English Music Hitech Monthly Magazine.

sos :cool:
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 24 2002, 05:57

Listened to the interview...hummm...the TB reworked stuff seems quite good,especially the guitar.... :cool:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2002, 06:03

I'm listing to the extract now. The first extract sounds very good: It is very like the original, but the guitar sounds way better. I'm still waiting for the second extract.

It's a really nice extract, thanks for that! Ah, here comes the second extract, quite nice. I'm wondering what the spastic guitar that comes after that will sound like...

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2002, 08:14

After re-listening to the interview again,I thought about the TB 2003 previews that you can hear...it seems to me that Mike added the energy from TB II into the new TB...I'm curious to see if he can boost TB Part II in terms of energy like those pieces from TB part I that you hear on it!

What do you think about it?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
25 replies since Oct. 14 2002, 22:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net