Posted: Dec. 29 2007, 04:19

Thanks Blue Dolphin and Burning Fish.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 29 2007, 05:37

And my thanks also for the youtube clip and download!

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2007, 06:25

Quote (EeToN @ Dec. 28 2007, 19:54)
So Mike actually seems to have a piano at home. That's comforting. :)

I think that piano wasn't at Mike's home,he was at a hotel  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2007, 07:09

I agree Tati .... the room seems a bit too large for a home even for a MO home !

HuanCry

:)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2007, 09:48

Quote (oblique @ Dec. 28 2007, 09:01)
I can't imagine why.
Fanny thinks you're such an easygoing guy to live with, right?
As long as you stay in the attick  :D

:D  :D  He he  he ! Yeah Mark ! That's right ! That's the way we living together . I'm always at the first floor with my computer and she is at the ground floor watching TV .... And she hates my computer  :D
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2007, 09:17

;) Could someone tell me what is the expression Mike has said at the end of the interview ? " Just is ! " or " Just this ! " . I don't well understand ! ... And what does it means ? Thanks !  ;)
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2007, 19:02

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Dec. 30 2007, 14:17)
;) Could someone tell me what is the expression Mike has said at the end of the interview ? " Just is ! " or " Just this ! " . I don't well understand ! ... And what does it means ? Thanks !  ;)

When he was asked why what he was playing was better, Mike did'nt want to elaborate, the new piece was better, that all, just better, it just is .. better  :-)
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2007, 10:30

I loved this little clip. Thank you so much whoever made it available. It made me think even more that I'd give almost anything to meet him, he's just wonderful!! I would probably be lost for words though.

And also that the Dutch seem such nice, friendly people. I work for a company that has recently been taken over by a Dutch organisation and I reallly enjoy hearing their accents and then how they switch into their native language with each other. Very clever!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2007, 11:12

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ Dec. 30 2007, 19:02)
Quote (Tubular Tos @ Dec. 30 2007, 14:17)

When he was asked why what he was playing was better, Mike did'nt want to elaborate, the new piece was better, that all, just better, it just is .. better  :-)

;) Thanks teacher , for this explanation !  :D Ok so he said  " Just is ! " .
Sometimes it's really hard to me to find the right translation of an English expression because if i try to translate the words like i do habitually , that means nothing . Some expressions simply cannot be translated . You know the translation or not !

@ Bee : And when their language is written it's really near from the English .
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2007, 12:22

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Dec. 28 2007, 04:39)
:D He he he ! Yeah Mike ! Why why ? Why this guy said why ? If Mike says it's better , that's better ! That's all !!!  :D

EDIT :

:D He he he ! I'm thinking right now that Mike was born under the sign of the Taurus ; like me ( april 25 ) ! And i can see he is someone ...( i don't know the right English words to say that ) ...i want to say that sometimes it could be certainly difficult to live with him ; like with me ! :D

April 25th is the day for me, too - 37+ years ago. Nice day of spring, isn't it! :-)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2007, 13:54

Quote (Mix @ Dec. 31 2007, 12:22)
April 25th is the day for me, too - 37+ years ago. Nice day of spring, isn't it! :-)

;) Yeah ! And the most funny , for me  because my origins are Portuguese , is that this day is the day of the Portuguese Revolution in 1974 and called Carnation Revolution !

Carnation Revolution Wikipedia
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2008, 13:13

Bee:
And also that the Dutch seem such nice, friendly people. I work for a company that has recently been taken over by a Dutch organisation and I reallly enjoy hearing their accents and then how they switch into their native language with each other. Very clever!

On behalf of the Dutch community here at Tub.net: Thank you! :D

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2008, 18:52

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Dec. 31 2007, 11:12)

Well, I did not know that and was interested to find out some more. I had a quick look on Babel fish, the translator thingy, and yes, I see what you mean! The sentence structure seems similar too, is that right? Do you have male and female genders for nouns like some other languages? (I have always wondered why that is so in some languages and not in English for example)

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2008, 18:53

Quote (oblique @ Jan. 01 2008, 13:13)
On behalf of the Dutch community here at Tub.net: Thank you! :D

My pleasure! I speak as I find!! :)

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2008, 21:19

Very nice stuff! Thank you for the recording. ;)
I also think that indeed he looks rested and in good shape in that clip.
It always brings me a cosy feeling watching him...still alive and kicking. :)

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2008, 21:47

Quote (bee @ Jan. 01 2008, 20:52)

Well, I did not know that and was interested to find out some more. I had a quick look on Babel fish, the translator thingy, and yes, I see what you mean! The sentence structure seems similar too, is that right? Do you have male and female genders for nouns like some other languages? (I have always wondered why that is so in some languages and not in English for example)

I notice some similarities between Dutch and German  :laugh:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2008, 05:43

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Jan. 02 2008, 03:47)
Quote (bee @ Jan. 01 2008, 20:52)

I notice some similarities between Dutch and German  :laugh:

Actually, Dutch and German do have quite a lot of similarities. No wonder though, we Dutch people are from what was called the old Germanic, many centuries ago.

And to answer bee: yes, we do have difference in gender in our language. Our sentence structure can sometimes be similar to that of English sentences, but most of the time it differs a lot.

Actually, as I discover more often, Dutch is such a hard language that even we can't write sentences and words as it should be!  :p

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2008, 06:25

:D Stand up guys ! Let's talking Esperanto ! ......... But here , all, we already talk a very nice language ! The language of Mike Oldfield Music ! And this is a nice federating language ;)
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2008, 17:53

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Jan. 02 2008, 06:25)
But here , all, we already talk a very nice language ! The language of Mike Oldfield Music !

That's a nice thought!

And thanks to all who replied to my questions about the language. It's a very interesting subject, language. :)

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2008, 18:08

Thanks for the kind replies!

I work at a company here in Holland that supplies almost all the CD's, DVD's and games to a very popular Dutch webshop; Bol.com. I see all sorts of CD's passing by through a day. Every once in a while Tubular Bells is between them too. Overall I think I see TB twice a day.
Yesterday we got 150xTubular Bells, which sure put a smile on my face! It's funny to see how much influence a small interview on television can have.

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
42 replies since Dec. 26 2007, 23:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net