Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike on Classic FM this Friday< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 16 2008, 17:24

Mark Forrest will be interviewing Mike this Friday March 21st on The Magazine Show on UK radio station Classic FM. The show starts at 23:00 GMT and you can listen online.

Thanks, mikeoldfield.org
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 14:40

More info re. what Mike will be talking about on the show:

Link :Classic FM

:)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 16:40

From that link HuanCry has posted it:

(...)the album charts by storm with his multilayered concept album Tubular Bells today releases what he says will be his last album Music of the Spheres(...)

Hummm...let's check it out!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 14:52

You can now listen to the interview scheduled for Friday night via Classic FM's listen again service ....just scroll to the bottom and click on .... 'Podcast : The Magazine Show' and click the 20-03-08 link. N.B. You'll have to wait till Friday night to find out what MOTS track they play straight after the interview.

I wish he mentioned the Heavy Metal album again rather than a non-commercial experimental piece if he carries on at all making music !

:(
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2008, 21:18

Has anyone here recorded it?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 28 2008, 02:00

No need - you can download it as a podcast like HuanCry mentioned, or use the listen again function (which works for 7 days after the broadcast).
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2008, 02:12

you can download the podcast if your using FireFox with a plugin called DownloadHelper... it also allows you to download flash movies (such as from youtube) and other various embedded material.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2008, 03:31

Quote (HuanCry @ Mar. 20 2008, 14:52)
I wish he mentioned the Heavy Metal album again rather than a non-commercial experimental piece if he carries on at all making music !

Oh, I don't know. The way he spoke of it certainly intrigued me. But then, I just want Mike to keep making music whether it's experimental, metal, nursery rhymes, or vocaloid yodel opera.

I did enjoy listening to this. Mike sounded mellow and in good humor. I thought the questions were smart, and the interviewer even managed to sneak in a "why?" question.  :)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
7 replies since Mar. 16 2008, 17:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net