Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike on BBC Heaven & Earth< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 03 2002, 12:16

Mike will be appearing on the Sunday morning BBC Heaven & Earth show on Aug 25. Transcript.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 03 2002, 15:16

Checking out the homepage for the show,there is a section regarding to archives(guest and programme) and after Mike´s appeareance on the show,people who won´t see the show will be able to see it on Real Video...cool,isn´t it? ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Mige Iranzo Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2002, 20:35

Mmm... never heard of this program... (logical I´m spanish...)

Olivier, do you have something against your keyboard today?
If I click in "Official Mike Oldfield Inofrmation Service", they send me to "http://www.mikeodlfield.org/" ...lol

regards

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2002, 13:08

Hey, a Kraftwerk fan :)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Mige Iranzo Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2002, 14:48

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ Aug. 04 2002, 13:08)
Hey, a Kraftwerk fan :)

We're charging our battery...

lol

By the way, in www.mikeoldfield.com they said next week they will post a poll for the election of the new Tubular´s MC, and they ask for e-mails for suggestions... I suggested Ralf Hütter vocoded voice. (just impossible)

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Aug. 17 2002, 13:29

At Dark Star´s website you see this now:
Apparently Mike will be appearing on the BBC 1 Heaven & Earth show on Sunday 25th August, 10:00 - 11:00 am. There will be a short clip of him being interviewed in his studio with Alice Beer.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2002, 05:07

Short clip? I watched the latest Heaven & Earth show and they said Alice Beer will interview Oldfield next week. But if they anounce MO like that, that means he will be the main event of the show. So I don't think it's a short interview (and that's better, right?). :D

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 19 2002, 17:16

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ Aug. 19 2002, 06:07)
Short clip? I watched the latest Heaven & Earth show and they said Alice Beer will interview Oldfield next week.

How did you see it...you´re not from England(as shown on your profile)...just guessing! :D

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2002, 05:33

Well, we have BBC 1 and 2 on the cable. We're not living like cavemen here.. ;)

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2002, 21:14

I think Mike is on this Sunday 25 th.

Errors accepted..... :cool:
Profile PM 
Tubular Cobra Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2002, 23:47

Awww... I am not From the UK! And This Smells That i Cant Look at it! :( *Throws Rotten Tomatoes at the TV* Booo!!!!!!
I Dont Think BBC America Showes it Either! BOOOO!!!!! This Smells!

--------------
ooo! Look at my Pretty Black Stripes! :D and btw - Mike Oldfield Ownz You!(Well Not Really)
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2002, 06:18

Whoa, that's was a great episode. Mike was very funny and talked a lot about his private life. Never have seen a television interview like this before with him. And you also saw a video of him as a child! :)

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Tubular Cobra Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2002, 06:39

I wanna See the Clippy Now before i Go to Maryland!(Tommorrow i Do)

--------------
ooo! Look at my Pretty Black Stripes! :D and btw - Mike Oldfield Ownz You!(Well Not Really)
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2002, 10:49

Could anyone write a quick summary of what the interview consisted of? Any interesting revelations?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 26 2002, 16:43

...when someone is going to put a transcript of the interview online or maybe the full video for us who couldn´t see it??
...waiting anxiously.... ;)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2002, 18:03

Considering the delay of the Heaven&Earth archive, (parts of) it should be available online within one or two months...
Profile PM WEB 
James
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 26 2002, 21:43

ok you guys
Started with views of the town were Mike lives Tubular bells plays in background.Mike looked well blue denim shirt sitting by his grand Piano.He spoke largely about the things that are already well documented.There were hints that Mike is disilusioned with aspects of life/society.He seemed relaxed,Second part of the interview came from his back garden sitting on a bench misty?one of the horses was seen.The program covered only a small part of the VR project.
Mike was seen to reach for the mouse a lot/This seemed to slightly annoy Alice beer Mike smacks himself on the hand and starts paying attention again.I personally felt Mike gave positive answers to questions of the order,is there life after this one?Is there a God Mike said he felt there was a supreme force /being and he thought the soul/spirit lived on.Although we heard all the regular stuff it was a nice program and I wish you guys could have seen it in its entirety.Hope the BBC archive and show this.

Posted: Sep. 28 2002, 20:14

Is there anybody who recorded the show and has put online to download it yet?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2003, 16:33

I've just checked the H&E guests archive Jane Seymour from Aug-11-02 is still 'coming soon', but they added some new guests (Leonard Nimoy, Nigel Kennedy) from Jan.03 - leaving a huge gap in between. I've sent them a note about whether they are planning to fill that gap, to give us Mike online some day..
Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
18 replies since Aug. 03 2002, 12:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net