Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Oldfield's House Clearance< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 13 2007, 11:10

Maybe he is actually one of those who throw and burn guitars (all taking place behind the black door)? :p
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Dec. 13 2007, 11:37

Quote (larstangmark @ Dec. 13 2007, 12:53)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Dec. 12 2007, 20:08)
Now the Strat Pink is for sale...interesting...

What I find really interesting is the condition of this guitar. It looks severely damaged (see the strange brown-ish damage at edge of the guitar's body). Where did Mike store all his old stuff? In a field?

What do you do with a house fitted with 4 bedrooms and a living room devoted only to his helicopter models?

:p
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 13 2007, 11:56

It is sad to see Mike selling his guitars, but at the end of the end, it's his hands and fingers that count, he could pick up any guitar in any shop an make it sound magical!!!
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2007, 13:31

:/ I would love to buy his pink guitar but the price will surely be "" enormous ""  :/
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2007, 14:29

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Dec. 13 2007, 13:31)
:/ I would love to buy his pink guitar but the price will surely be "" enormous ""  :/

Probably into five figures I would have thought. I'm sure Korgscrew will be able to correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't that guitar been a signature sound on pretty much every MO album there has ever been? Didn't it at one point belong to Mark Bolan? Or am I confusing it with another guitar. If it is the one I'm thinking about I'm really surprised he's selling it. I thought he mentioned during that live online Q+A during the Tres Lunas promotion that he would never part with it when someone asked him if he would consider selling it to them?
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2007, 14:40

You´re right with "The Raft" interview for Tres Lunas promotions sake but you´re not with Marc Bolan.

Bolans guitar used to be the Telecaster, not the Stratocaster.

The first appearance of the strat was on Discovery in 1984. I think I can remember he bought it somewhere in Soho. It´s been his companion all the way since, only giving way for the PRS Custom.

;)
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2007, 04:06

Let's hope he's replaced these guitars with better ones, I think he said something somewhere recently about near perfect guitars coming out of Japan.

I don't blame him for selling them though, all musicians have a change around now and again, I just hope it doesn't mean that he's not going to play them anymore. Mind you how many years is it since we heard a mandolin on a Mike Oldfield record anyway?

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
manintherain Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2007, 04:57

Last year he bought himself a new Fender Stratocaster in Vintage White, a new Fender Precision bass in Fiesta Red, a new Line 6V ariax Acoustic 300 Nylon, a new Vicente Carillo 1a Expecial Guitar Madagascar Rosewood and a new Vicente Carillo Flamenco Blanca "Almoraima”.

:)
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2007, 06:34

So, he does have plenty of guitars left then ;)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2007, 07:34

Quote (manintherain @ Dec. 14 2007, 06:57)
Last year he bought himself a new Fender Stratocaster in Vintage White, a new Fender Precision bass in Fiesta Red, a new Line 6V ariax Acoustic 300 Nylon, a new Vicente Carillo 1a Expecial Guitar Madagascar Rosewood and a new Vicente Carillo Flamenco Blanca "Almoraima”.

But that Variax he's got isn't the one he used during the NNOTP tour(since it was from Dirk Hohmeyer's wife) or he decided to get one after the shows?

AFAIK,the classical and magicial PRS Custom(the very first one he's got) it's still with him \o/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2007, 10:20

Good to see he's still got some guitars then.

I guess alot of us get concerned when we see his instruments being sold because we're holding out for some more music like Ommadan and Amarok. I hope to hear glockenspiel, mandolin and guitars on future albums. Mind you my latest philosophy is if he isn't going to do it then I will!!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
manintherain Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2007, 18:21

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Dec. 14 2007, 13:34)
Quote (manintherain @ Dec. 14 2007, 06:57)

But that Variax he's got isn't the one he used during the NNOTP tour(since it was from Dirk Hohmeyer's wife) or he decided to get one after the shows?

AFAIK,the classical and magicial PRS Custom(the very first one he's got) it's still with him \o/

Mike wanted to keep the Variax that Dirks wife lend him for the rehearsal in Antwerp and buy her a new one, but she insisted to keep hers, so Mike bought the same model one before the Proms started in Germany.

He still owns at least two PRS guitars as well as the odd Telecaster, the Fender Stratocaster in sunburn finish, the Ramirez 1A Classical, just to mention a few.

;)
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2007, 07:49

The guitars which were sold last year are worth between £1500 and £3000. Why this one is so expensive ?

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
MusicFan Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2007, 10:36

It's odd he's selling the Pink Strat, it seemed to be his signature guitar, It's sort of like BB King selling Lucille, I think it's the same he's used on the TB2/3 videos.  I've heard MOTS, and am disappointed in it, to me it sounds just like Tubular Bells part 4 or 5 or Orchestral Tubular Bells 2.   I think it's because of the upcoming 35th anniversary of TB.  Hey Mike, get settled in your new place and win us back with some NEW original  music PLEASE?
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 15 2007, 13:08

Quote (manintherain @ Dec. 14 2007, 20:21)
Mike wanted to keep the Variax that Dirks wife lend him for the rehearsal in Antwerp and buy her a new one, but she insisted to keep hers, so Mike bought the same model one before the Proms started in Germany.

He still owns at least two PRS guitars as well as the odd Telecaster, the Fender Stratocaster in sunburn finish, the Ramirez 1A Classical, just to mention a few.

;)

What I've seen somewhere that his PRS Hollowbody II was also sold,so he has got one PRS!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2007, 13:35

Quote (yanouch65 @ Dec. 15 2007, 07:49)
The guitars which were sold last year are worth between £1500 and £3000. Why this one is so expensive ?

:/ What price have you seen for it ? I'm not sure but i think it's too late now ! It seems that's already buy by someone ! :/
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 15 2007, 13:48

Quote (manintherain @ Dec. 13 2007, 13:37)
What do you do with a house fitted with 4 bedrooms and a living room devoted only to his helicopter models?

:p

God,is it the house he's living in Spain,soooo small!

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2007, 13:57

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Dec. 15 2007, 19:35)
Quote (yanouch65 @ Dec. 15 2007, 07:49)

:/ What price have you seen for it ? I'm not sure but i think it's too late now ! It seems that's already buy by someone ! :/

The Fender Strat pink salmon was sold £30'000 by Chandlers 2 days ago.
I wonder why this guitar is worth 10 times more than the most guitars sold last year?
Sorry if it is not clear....hummmm my English!  :(

--------------

Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2007, 14:01

I can't believe the pink strat has gone for 30K.  Where is this information coming from?

That black door from chandlers is somewhat infamous!
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2007, 14:02

http://www.oldfield.de/index.php

--------------

Profile PM 
114 replies since Dec. 06 2007, 11:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net