Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Oldfield's House Clearance< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ronniethepict Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 06 2007, 11:27

Have just noticed a load of new items this afternoon from "Mike Oldfield's House Clearance" - Roland keyboards and other equipment
http://search.ebay.co.uk/search....CH:SRCH
Profile PM 
ronniethepict Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2007, 11:28

Sorry, that should read Roland guitar gear!
Profile PM 
ronniethepict Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2007, 16:13

Better link

here
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2007, 18:27

Heh, this is cool - "Mike Oldfield's House Clearance". :cool: It reminds me of (The Artist Currently Known As) Prince around the time of his three (IMHO) best albums of the 1990s, Diamonds and Pearls, the one with the unpronounceable symbol :D and The Gold Experience... IIRC, he sold off all of his electronic stuff (drum machines, sequencers, etc.) and he got a live band. At least for those three albums... :p

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 06 2007, 21:59

Some of Mike's equipment is being sold on eBay: amps, cases, racks, pedals, effects, mixers, and more...

Update Dec 8: Piano Auctions is listing:
  • Lot #77: Glockenspiel A 3-octave concert glockenspiel; the property of Mike Oldfield. £500 - £700

• Lot #118: Steinway No 137655 (c1910) A 6ft 11in Model B grand piano in a rosewood case together with a stool. This piano is accompanied by a letter of provenance stating it was used by Mike Oldfield on his recordings from 1987 to 2007. £8,000 - 12,000
Update Dec 12: Chandler Guitars is listing:
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2007, 05:47

Noticed 2 important gears for Mike's signature electric guitar sound - the Roland VG-8 and GP-8  :O

Two possibilities for this mega clearance,IMHO:

1) New house,new studio,like he did when he moved from Roughwood Croft to Old Down House;

or

2)Mike's retirement from music business for a while or forever...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Mix Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2007, 07:17

... or he will completely concentrate on composing from now on instead of musicianship. The equipment he is selling isn't necessary for someone composing for classical orchestra, writing down the music with the help of a computer program, and hiring someone else (Karl Jenkins & orchestra) to put that "writing" onto partitures - i.e. not recording music in his own studio anymore.
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2007, 12:08

Some of it looks in quite bad condition (rust). Looks like its from the 80s. I wonder which house it is that has been cleared. It doesn't neccessarily mean he is selling it, perhaps someone who bought one of his houses has found it all in the loft. The only recent bit of kit (and I have one myself) is the Roland GT-6.

I would prefer one of his old synths or guitars.
Profile PM WEB 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2007, 12:43

well I've bought one of his guitars in the past but I wouldn't touch any of this stuff.
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2007, 15:27

So of course I got dead excited when I looked at the headline, M O's house clearance on ebay. Then got even more excited when I saw the list that boasted , pedals , cases , racks  mixer's and effect's.
Then what do you know I looked and found.
No roof rack's.
No bike's to accomodate pedal's.
No luggage.
No kitchen appliances what so ever, including mixers.
So if the effects I were to feel was that of a bloody well let down ebayer, well at least that was there.
To be truthful though, I was really after some curtain's or perhap's even a nice hearth rug.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2007, 16:40

It's mostly obsolete stuff. All the racks and cases are propably from his touring days (pre -85, I recongize the spraypainted logo from the Exposed sleeve) and he's propably getting tired of the roland guitar synth. I bet he's got a new USB guitar and is doing it all via some plug in on his mac, or something like that.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Dec. 07 2007, 22:19

Some more stuff in here also:
http://www.pianoauctions.co.uk/dates.php

Steinway No 137655 (c1910) A 6ft 11in Model B grand piano in a rosewood case together with a stool.This piano is accompanied by a letter of provenance stating it was used by Mike Oldfield on his recordings from 1987 to 2007. £8,000 - 12,000

Glockenspiel A 3-octave concert glockenspiel; the property of Mike Oldfield. £500 - 700

Source - www.mikeoldfieldblog.com

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Marky Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2007, 11:41

The Times mentions the sale of Mike's steinway, which is an item I feel sad he's got rid of, unless its in poor condition, because I like his piano work and hope he's got another joanna hidden away so he can compose at it. I'd love to hear him compose a stand-alone piano piece that he could play in concert himself. That would make a good interlude or mood piece.
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2007, 13:16

Theres really nothing there I would even want to buy.. aport from maybe one of the roland guitar effect processors.. but even at that, I don't want to buy something just because Oldfield owned it.

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2007, 17:14

I would love the Glockenspiel though. Why didn't he put that on Ebay too?
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Dec. 12 2007, 20:08

Now the Strat Pink is for sale...interesting...

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 12 2007, 22:32

Still the mysterious black door at Chandler...
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2007, 06:10

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Dec. 12 2007, 20:08)

:/  :/ Ohh ! Nooo ! Mike ? Why ? Please , don't sale this one ! Really sad ! ...and the mandolin too ? Please Mike ? Don't get rid of what has made your success and made our happiness

What are you going to do now ? Don't let us falling down  :/
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2007, 06:22

:/ Could someone tell us how this Chandler guitars website works ? Is this a website auction  ? How can we see the price of the guits ? .... i think this fantastic guitar has no price anyway !
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2007, 06:53

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Dec. 12 2007, 20:08)

What I find really interesting is the condition of this guitar. It looks severely damaged (see the strange brown-ish damage at edge of the guitar's body). Where did Mike store all his old stuff? In a field?

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
114 replies since Dec. 06 2007, 11:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net