Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Oldfield related TATTOOS, SHOW US YA TATS!!!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBelle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 18 2006, 22:07

It appears that a few members of this site have Mike Oldfield related tattoos and I for one would love to see them.

Post your MO TATTOOS here. :D

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: July 18 2006, 23:06

This is the only photo of my sisters TB tattoo that I could find.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 20 2006, 08:07

Posted this in memebers pics, but thought it would be worth sticking here too.

Would love to see other's MO related body art.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: July 20 2006, 09:40

Does anyone have the sheet music for "Tattoo" from TB2 tattoo'ed on their back? Now that would be appropriate, and a challenge.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
SentinelGard Offline

Posted: July 20 2006, 18:53

These are great . I've been working on a design for my own tattoo . Its a celtic band that incorporates a tubularbell into it to go on my left arm . I've made lots of designs but nothing i 100% liked and because its permanent i want it get it right LOL  :D

--------------
"Onwards & Upwards'"
Profile PM WEB 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 21 2006, 04:53

SentinelGard,

I like the idea you have for your tattoo, sounds cool. Would like to see what you have designed.

Might even encourage me to be more creative next time.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: July 22 2006, 03:12

I really liked the idea someone had of the word AMAROK as written on the album cover worn as an arm band with a celtic look to it.

That photo I put in really sucks doesn't it. I'll have to get another photo of my sisters tattoo because it is really detailed and a perfect copy of the original.

I know Malky has a great TB tattoo on his arm, saw a photo of it in Dark Star quite some time ago, anyone else???

Sorry Mr Keith, ignore my post in Members Photos, you have obviously already discovered this thread.

--------------
Profile PM 
SentinelGard Offline

Posted: July 22 2006, 04:29

Quote (MrKeith @ July 21 2006, 04:53)
SentinelGard,

I like the idea you have for your tattoo, sounds cool. Would like to see what you have designed.

Might even encourage me to be more creative next time.

Here is a simple one i came up with a while ago , wasn't 100% happy with it but its a good example of what I'm talking about.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"Onwards & Upwards'"
Profile PM WEB 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 22 2006, 19:35

SentinelGard, that is well cool, very imaginative. I am inspired.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: July 23 2006, 19:10

I love it Sentinel Gard, the only thing I would change would be to make the TB a deep blue colour to make it stand out just a touch more.

--------------
Profile PM 
SentinelGard Offline

Posted: July 24 2006, 00:13

Quote (TubularBelle @ July 23 2006, 19:10)
I love it Sentinel Gard, the only thing I would change would be to make the TB a deep blue colour to make it stand out just a touch more.

I had done one that had the Tubularbell in colour with all the detail of reflection and so on like the one on the TB1 album cover but some how it didn't look right unless the rest of the band was done in similar way . Guess i'll keep wotking on the idea until i find something i like .

--------------
"Onwards & Upwards'"
Profile PM WEB 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: July 24 2006, 10:40

Anyone got any MO piercings? You know, the 3 cm wide miniature Bent Bell stuck through the middle of your nose or something like that? The Tr3s triple-moon in tiny metal in the middle of your tongue? Full sized unbent tubular bells hanging from your lip? Little poison arrows in the ears? Now THAT is fan dedication.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 24 2006, 17:52

I have a TB-shaped pin. I already mentioned it many times here. :D
I don't have any piercings or tattoos, I hate them.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: July 25 2006, 15:03

Quote (Ugo @ July 24 2006, 22:52)
I have a TB-shaped pin. I already mentioned it many times here. :D
I don't have any piercings or tattoos, I hate them.

I have to say, I am inclined to agree with you Ugo. I just don't understand why it is done. However, I am always intersested to see the designs, Oldfield related or not. And to be a good Tattoo artist requires a great deal of skill and experience. To be able to accurately transfer an image permanently onto a soft, three dimensional form (that may move, squeak or sweat) is a skill indeed. I used to work in Tescos years ago, and a regular customer once showed me an amazing tattoo of an eagle on his forearm. I was fascinated by this, because it was so accurate, the eyes were piercing ( no pun intended!!;). To cut a long story short this customer came back several times to show me each further addition, all birds of prey flying all over his arms and legs! I was only ever interested in the 'art' as he was a bit 'odd', but I found it really funny when one Saturday morning amongst a crowd of shoppers he lifted up his tee shirt to show me a huge barn owl across his back. By that time I was at a loss for words. Heaven knows what was going to be next! I left soon after!

The strangest thing I've heard lately is that you can watch your friend having their tattoo done on the internet... what's that all about? Think I'm getting a little older and even more out of touch!

Now Ugo, where did you get you Tubular Bell pin? I'd love one of those, I really would. I do have a Tubular Bell II badge from dark star but it's time for something new, any ideas? :)

bee

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 25 2006, 17:24

Quote (bee @ July 25 2006, 21:03)
Now Ugo, where did you get you Tubular Bell pin? I'd love one of those, I really would.

A guy I know made it especially for me in gold. It's a kind-of unique piece. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: July 25 2006, 17:58

Dear bee, thank goodness the tattoo guy was'nt into poultry, can you imagine if he came into Tesco of a saturday morning  and did his best to impress you by showing off his new cock.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: July 25 2006, 18:29

Quote (Ugo @ July 25 2006, 22:24)

Wow, that's nice, why don't I know people like that? I'd really like one in silver though!

And to the BBE, what can I say? I'm at a loss for words... again...this time from laughing so much :D  :D  :D

very funny, if a trifle rude!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 26 2006, 04:56

Quote (bee @ July 26 2006, 00:29)
Quote (Ugo @ July 25 2006, 22:24)

Wow, that's nice, why don't I know people like that? I'd really like one in silver though!

Actually, I originally asked that guy to do it in silver. But he told me that it would've been much easier for him to reproduce the shape in gold than in silver, so he made it in gold. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2006, 02:42

Speaking of pins, this is a solid gold TB pendant that belongs to Matthew Sorell, he had it made esp of course. I hope he doesn't mind me showing it here.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2006, 02:47

Quote (SentinelGard @ July 24 2006, 00:13)
Quote (TubularBelle @ July 23 2006, 19:10)

I had done one that had the Tubularbell in colour with all the detail of reflection and so on like the one on the TB1 album cover but some how it didn't look right unless the rest of the band was done in similar way . Guess i'll keep wotking on the idea until i find something i like .

yeh I think all the detail of reflection etc would be too much detail. I am picturing your design with the TB just one solid deep blue colour. I think you could incoperate the word AMAROK into that design too. Have you gone any further with the tattoo plan? I want one, desperatelt, but I am too old and too chicken. I would have something similar to my TubularBelle logo I think, but make the girl look more like a young me, with dark hair.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
33 replies since July 18 2006, 22:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net