[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Oldfield in London for this Friday?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Reena Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 30 2012, 15:58

Quote (CJJC @ July 30 2012, 18:12)
On past experience, if you tell Oldfield not to smoke he will leave the country.

:laugh:
Profile PM 
Thomas Höög Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 16:25

I dont know where to put this thought so I just wright it here in the most active thread.

What lays ahead for us in the future?

Ok, first the obvious - we heard about the ongoing progress of a rock-album and that's really great. I am looking forward to it.

But what have we got else? This is my observations and many of you might already have seen this.

www.mikeoldfieldofficial.com has a sign-up function for future updates about Mike Oldfields whereabouts. You can get the information both as mail and as SMS for free. This function may have existed a while, i don't visit the page that often though nothing much is happening ( :O )

Facebook: Mike Oldfield has started a Facebook site. According to the site it was founded 6 juni 2011.

Now this doesn't seem much but since none of these channels - by obvious reasons - haven't mention a single word of the Olympics performance before it took place, why do they exist? You don't spend time and money on this type of public connections if you don't plan to use them in any way. So are they there just because of all the re-releases we're getting further on or are they there to actually promote new material in any kind. Not just the rock-album. I have never seen Mike so active in public before.

What do you think? Any more channels that have been opened in the present that I have missed?
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: July 30 2012, 16:52

Why wonder?

It's all been a matter of #savethesurprise which has put his involvement in the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in London as a secret for more than a year.

And to be honest, I'm amazed that it worked out!

Our man is carrying on doing what he's doing best - making music.

And what we´ve seen last Friday night has overwhelmed the most of us. So carry on, Mike!

Thumbs up!

:D

Edited by manintherain on July 30 2012, 16:53
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 17:23

Quote (ian @ July 30 2012, 12:42)
Has anyone seen any TV ads for the comp album ?

just seen the advert on British TV :)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 17:59

I thought that MO interview at Sunday Telegraph would be just a small feature,but he appeared on the front cover!!!

Mike's front cover for The Telegraph's Seven Magazine

I'm glad that MO's back with a new album...a rock album! Okay,it doesn't seems to be a TB IV,but with this song about domestic violence based on his personal experience with his parents...maybe a autobiographical album to celebrate his 40th anniversary of his career since TB was first released?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: July 31 2012, 12:00

If its released next year I do worry it will be fashioned as TB 4 it being the 40th anniversary of TB  :(

Though I do hope its mainly instrumental rock with Mike at his innovative best rather than conforming too much to what usually constitutes rock music.
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2012, 06:02

Quote (Thomas Höög @ July 30 2012, 16:25)
I dont know where to put this thought so I just wright it here in the most active thread.

What lays ahead for us in the future?

Ok, first the obvious - we heard about the ongoing progress of a rock-album and that's really great. I am looking forward to it.

But what have we got else? This is my observations and many of you might already have seen this.

www.mikeoldfieldofficial.com has a sign-up function for future updates about Mike Oldfields whereabouts. You can get the information both as mail and as SMS for free. This function may have existed a while, i don't visit the page that often though nothing much is happening ( :O )

Facebook: Mike Oldfield has started a Facebook site. According to the site it was founded 6 juni 2011.

Now this doesn't seem much but since none of these channels - by obvious reasons - haven't mention a single word of the Olympics performance before it took place, why do they exist? You don't spend time and money on this type of public connections if you don't plan to use them in any way. So are they there just because of all the re-releases we're getting further on or are they there to actually promote new material in any kind. Not just the rock-album. I have never seen Mike so active in public before.

What do you think? Any more channels that have been opened in the present that I have missed?

The olympic opening ceremony was all meant to be a complete surprise, everyone involved was sworn to secrecy so they weren't allowed to publicise it. Anything else at all no matter how big or small and they'll be all over it a like a rash!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2012, 16:42

Don't know if this was posted before:

London 2012 Olympics: Sales surge for performers

Thanks everyone for uploading the mp3 and the movie! I know I promised it but I'm soooooo busy nowadays.

I can't listen to the iPlayer of Johnnie Walkers show with Mike as I forgot to listen to it when it was aired. And unfortunately the application posted earlier doesn't work for me either as I have a Mac. Has someone else recorded it or know a way I can record it? Many thanks in advance!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2012, 10:58

Opening Ceremony DVD
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2012, 06:12

Quote (ian @ July 29 2012, 04:12)
Jimmy Saville ????? Did I miss something ?

Knew there was another question from you hanging somewhere, Ian.

I didn't watch the closing ceremony as much as it was a going to worl night.  I got back from the shower to discover that Ken Dodd was trending worldwide this time.  Fortunately not his demise yet, but following Ray Davis' performance...

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2012, 21:06

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ Aug. 13 2012, 10:58)
Opening Ceremony DVD

its 2012 and they release such things in ancient DVD format only?

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2012, 03:20

Quote (Hifiguru @ Aug. 20 2012, 03:06)
Quote (Pat Gleeson @ Aug. 13 2012, 10:58)
Opening Ceremony DVD

its 2012 and they release such things in ancient DVD format only?

Have a look at this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/London-....8VSHXEE

;)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
191 replies since July 25 2012, 21:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net