Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Oldfield Concerts, experiences and stories< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bob the screamer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 24 2011, 06:52

He has been in Sweden only twice ever... I managed to see him in 1999, "now & then tour": TB III, parts of Ommadawn and some more. I'm really happy I managed to see him at least this once.  

What I really would've liked to see though, is a TB II concert... that would be... wow :)

--------------
New free album out:

http://www.bobthescreamer.com/music/twinety-twine/
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 24 2011, 13:31

Quote (bob the screamer @ Mar. 24 2011, 10:52)
He has been in Sweden only twice ever...

Hmmm, the list of tours here on the site has him there more than twice: June 1980, June 1981, September 1982, September 1984 and the July 1999. Could be wrong I suppose!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
bob the screamer Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2011, 14:43

Oh, sorry... should've done my homework... :)
It was just that he hadn't been there for 15 years before I saw him... so i sort of assumed that was the only time :P

--------------
New free album out:

http://www.bobthescreamer.com/music/twinety-twine/
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2011, 13:40

Bit of a shock to an oldie like me when you see his last concert in England was a one off affair at Wembley Arena. I was there and because it was badly publicised ( I found out literally a few days before) the concert hall was only about 2/3rds full with the back half curtained off.....he did an amazing set, perhaps one of his best ever live performances here.

At least Im lucky enough to have seen him play quite a few times since 1979...in fact I think I saw all his London performances and in fact in 79 I saw him twice within four days at Wembley Conference Centre and again at the Arena...One of the concerts at the Rainbow saw "The Battlefield Band" in support, who were very good and of course in 93 at the Royal Albert Hall he has the wonderful Lorenna McKennitt as support.....amazing to see her perform with the Harp. That too started off a trend of seeing her in the brief times that she toured here, when I was fortunate enough to meet the lady.
Profile PM 
akd Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2011, 17:31

MO's last UK concert? Let's hope not, but what was his 'amazing set'? Please tell us more!
Profile PM 
anewman Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2011, 07:45

Quote (akd @ Mar. 25 2011, 17:31)
MO's last UK concert? Let's hope not, but what was his 'amazing set'? Please tell us more!

I think unfortunately for us in the UK, he is far more popular in other parts of Europe.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2011, 20:11

Quote (anewman @ Mar. 26 2011, 12:45)
Quote (akd @ Mar. 25 2011, 17:31)

I think unfortunately for us in the UK, he is far more popular in other parts of Europe.

True.

Spain and Germany are huge MO markets...while here in the UK,nope... I won't comment about Brazil  :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
46 replies since Aug. 04 2010, 00:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net