Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike moving to the Bahamas< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bugular tell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 05:23

did MOTS really win a brit award????? must have missed that one!  :)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 11:05

Quote (bugular tell @ Mar. 28 2009, 11:23)
did MOTS really win a brit award????? must have missed that one!  :)

Indeed, this is a strange sentence we can read in this newspaper

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 11:36

they either know he's won the Classical brit he has been nominated for, or they missprinted and ment to say he has a nomination for best classical album

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 12:54

Quote (bugular tell @ Mar. 28 2009, 11:36)
they either know he's won the Classical brit he has been nominated for, or they missprinted and ment to say he has a nomination for best classical album

Mr Oldfield a 'restless spirit', much to do with the artistic outlook or maybe financial interests?  I know that when I moved twice within 2 years it did contribute to behavioural problems in my daughter. My daughter is around the same age as the oldfield's son Jake.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 13:27

Quote (Silver Negus @ Mar. 28 2009, 12:54)
Mr Oldfield a 'restless spirit', much to do with the artistic outlook or maybe financial interests?  

:/  That's the sad thought that i got when i've read this topic the first time . Hope i'm wrong but Monaco , Bahamas  ??? .. Knowing the sad situation of our poor planet about money this is really sad ! But after all , this the money  he won with pain and difficulties we know , so he can do what he wants , that's not my problem ! This is simply sad because i thought he was different from other artists , i've based my life philosophy and thoughts on everything , around his person and what he represented to me ! Maybe i was wrong and too much " childish " in my mind and maybe time has come to stop dreaming .......     hope i'm really wrong and stupid !
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 14:17

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Mar. 28 2009, 13:27)
Quote (Silver Negus @ Mar. 28 2009, 12:54)
Mr Oldfield a 'restless spirit', much to do with the artistic outlook or maybe financial interests?  

:/  That's the sad thought that i got when i've read this topic the first time . Hope i'm wrong but Monaco , Bahamas  ??? .. Knowing the sad situation of our poor planet about money this is really sad ! But after all , this the money  he won with pain and difficulties we know , so he can do what he wants , that's not my problem ! This is simply sad because i thought he was different from other artists , i've based my life philosophy and thoughts on everything , around his person and what he represented to me ! Maybe i was wrong and too much " childish " in my mind and maybe time has come to stop dreaming .......     hope i'm really wrong and stupid !

I can see your representation in your signature....

You are not stupid. It's good you realise a sense of yourself not just the artiste you like.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 17:46

Mike has the right to live wherever he wants!

He has his reasons to move once again,and if this move makes him happy and confortable on his own skin,that's what really does matter to me.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 19:51

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Mar. 28 2009, 17:46)
Mike has the right to live wherever he wants!

He has his reasons to move once again,and if this move makes him happy and confortable on his own skin,that's what really does matter to me.

:/ Yes you're right Tati , that's what i also said in my post but that makes me sad because he lets his fans all alone and very far from him or he runs away to live quiet .. maybe this is because some of we were too much invading towards him and his privacy in Majorca ! You know , if Mike wants to move , we don't have really much the choice ! :)
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2009, 14:02

here we go again. He just can't settle. I bet his wife just gets the new curtains up and it's "come on, were leaving" I never understood why Througham Slad was sold. Its by far the nicest place he has had. I personally would never want to live abroad (despite this government doing everything possible to ruin our identity). The British countryside and it's seasons (when working properly) are essential to my life.

Perhaps Mike should live in a caravan or house boat ;-)
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2009, 15:20

Maybe he just got a globe, spun it, closed his eyes and moved wherever it stopped?

As long as it's sunny, has a decent internet connection and a shop that sells Amber Leaf tobacco.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2009, 07:39

ian i have to agree about Througham.I've often looked at the pictures in Boxed and though it would be the perfect home.Why sell it?I've never ever seen a picture of the inside of the actual house though (apart from the one in Boxed with him sat in a chair in his flairs and sandals-so 70's it hurts).
 I couldn't leave England either.Not through any particular reason other than it being my home and i love the countryside here and it's all i really know.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2009, 11:07

Quote (HuanCry @ Mar. 27 2009, 22:14)
Maybe he's one of those storm chasers ! ?

I doubt it though considering he left England partly because he got stuck in the floods !! ( re. Sky TV News interview )

:)  :/

Sky News TV interview?? Did I miss something? Can I see it somewhere?

@ Ian & Caveman: I also believe the UK is a wonderful country! I fell in love the first time I went to you country during holiday season, many years ago (around 1997). I still dream of living somewhere in South England, or Wales or Scotland. :)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2009, 02:51

Quote (manintherain @ Mar. 27 2009, 21:51)
Let's just face it. Mike earlier mentioned that one of his hobbies is building recording studios. So while he has just completed the one in Mallorca he just needs to move on.

That's all that it is!

:p

And if a hurricane should knock it down,he can re-build it yet again without having to use the excuse of wanting to move.Surely the dream move he`s been looking for all these years.

Mike Oldfield found fame and critical success at a very early age.He is renowned for being a brilliant multi-instrumentalist,the ultimate "jack of all trades" within the music buisness.His music at times (argueably) invokes a strong emotional tie with his own country of origin.And yet despite all that, he has often sought residence in places of far more sunnier climes.Partly through tax-evasion(maybe) and partly through his own sense of discovery and wanderlust.....Mike Oldfield is the Noel Coward of Progressive Rock!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2009, 02:58

@Blue Dolphin.My heart is in the south.Always will be.Next time you should visit Wiltshire.Stonehenge,Avebury and Salisbury in particular.Or maybe i'm just biased being a displaced Wiltshire man :)

--------------
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2009, 04:14

Quote (ian @ Mar. 29 2009, 14:02)
here we go again. He just can't settle. I bet his wife just gets the new curtains up and it's "come on, were leaving"

Yes - I hope she can take him in hand and put her foot down when needs be - if moving house every year doesn't suit her.

I also wonder if it might feel a tad superficial living in expensive parts of the world, because these areas usually attract the narcissists, who aren't much fun to be around. That's kind of like the price you pay.

I'd like the hot sun that's for sure, but I'd miss down to earth people too much. I also feel sad that Mike might miss out on the joys of normal folk - Tubular Tos.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2009, 04:43

Quote (The Caveman @ Mar. 31 2009, 08:58)
@Blue Dolphin.My heart is in the south.Always will be.Next time you should visit Wiltshire.Stonehenge,Avebury and Salisbury in particular.Or maybe i'm just biased being a displaced Wiltshire man :)

I've been to Stonehenge several times. Last time was a couple of years ago, with a very sunny day, lying in the grass next to Stonehenge. The best holiday I had. :)

I've also been around Wiltshire, and once drove from Wales the whole coast line to the east, to Land's End, and the whole south coast back to the Netherlands.

Dartmoor was also fantastic!

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2009, 05:55

I`ve gotta` say I love the sunshine,and like most people I guess I certainly wish we had more of it over here.The thing that would kill it for me though living somewhere like the Bahamas.Or even Spain for that matter,..would be the heat.You know once it starts getting to around the 20-25 degree mark over here which I know is pretty rare.Well yeah I`m no good with it basicaly.Plus in my present working environment it often gets closer to 35-40 degrees on a real hot night so I`m even worse still.I have been known to chuck the odd spanner around here and there in a fit of sweaty frustrated pique.

That said every morning here I walk my youngest son and the dog up to his school.Takes about half an hour maybe forty minutes all told.This morning for the first time in bloody months we took it at a lot more leisurely pace than normal.No howling winds/freezing tempratures/incessant rain/sleet/hail or snow for a change..Just blue skies and sunshine..Bloody marvelous!..Given the choice and the circumstances I`d be sorely tempted to leave myself I must admit.Or to at least have somewhere where I could get away from it all for the entirety of the British winter.You know say around september to the following june I guess..  :p
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2009, 07:35

@Blue Dolphin.You seem to have visited some of the best places in Britain mate.Spent a fair amount of time on Dartmoor as a boy.My family come from Devon so we went there quite a bit.In fact my Grandad,who was actually from Ireland,loved the place so much his ashes were scattered there when he passed away.
 Wales is nice too.My other Grandad was from Pontypool in the south.
 I'd agree with you about the weather Dirk.It's great when it's good but really miserable when it's bad. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2009, 08:02

@ Caveman: I also visited Hergest Ridge that same holiday. And I love the Guinness when visiting the UK. ;) I can drink it here too, but it's so bloody expensive.

Talking about Guinness: the best thing of the UK are the pubs! We don't have that system over here in the Netherlands. What I mean is the whole atmosphere, the English folk music, the Guinness (of course) and the bar meals. The bar meals are so delicious (even the vegetarian ones! ). You can't get a meal in a cafe / bar over here. When you want meal in Holland, you have to find a restaurant or something like that, and you're stuck to certain times.

@ Dirk Star: 35 - 40 degrees??? What kind of work do you do? We also have the same weather over here right now; really nice sunshine and blue skies. Earth is a pretty place. :)

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2009, 15:13

@Blue Dolphin..I make sweets for a living,and they`ve got to be cooked in a stove for about 8 days.Each stove is about three times the size of a garage(in length) and there are 56 of them in my department..It gets damn hot in there especialy in the summer.Great place to work if you`re wanting to lose weight though..    :D
Profile PM 
60 replies since Mar. 26 2009, 11:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net