[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike in The Independent< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 13 2008, 16:32

Quote (Sweetpea @ Feb. 13 2008, 05:00)
Say, that purple posting thing is a nifty trick, Korgscrew. Now that this topic has been officialized, I sorta wish I'd displayed a more suitable sobriety.

We thought the different color was necessary to show that the message is not really part of the discussion and is actually the message shown on the front page. Another option would have been to pre-date it so it would appear first, but then the 2nd message would seem weird, somewhat repeating what the "official" message says. And yet another option would be to keep 2 different threads. In a perfect world, tubular.net admins would always be the first to bring the news to the forums. :cool:
Profile PM 
neildmanthorpe Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 14 2008, 05:52

The picture with the newspaper article is Mike - most men in the fifties look old - especially when they have a young child.  The only photo on the weblink to the "Independent" site is of Simon Calder, who is a UK travel journalist.

Best wishes

Neil
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2008, 10:06

Quote (neildmanthorpe @ Feb. 14 2008, 07:52)
The picture with the newspaper article is Mike - most men in the fifties look old - especially when they have a young child.  

It was taken on the very same session for another interview(The Virgin Millionaire),but from 2006:

http://tubular.net/forums/uploads/post-61-07181-mo2006.jpg

The last pic of Mike I've seen was taken last month,when a few young fans had the chance to meeting at his home in Mallorca:
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2220613458&size=l

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2008, 02:42

Nice interview - and Mike seemed in very good humour.

He must be having an amazing year.
Profile PM 
23 replies since Feb. 11 2008, 22:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net