Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike in The Independent< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Marky Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 09:18

The title says it all, the interview is here. Can the photo really be him?? Christ.....
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 09:40

Quote (Marky @ Feb. 09 2008, 09:18)
The title says it all, the interview is here. Can the photo really be him?? Christ.....

If that photograph had not been linked to a Mike Oldfield article I would`ve never guessed it was him.Maybe little Eugene is keeping him up at night,looks like the guy could do with a holiday now never mind talking about them.

Nice little piece though and worth reading if only for this little corker..."Being an ardent Trekkie, I'd love to go to outer space, but not on Virgin Galactic – I want to wait until space travel gets a bit more luxurious and you can have Jacuzzis and go out for dinner there."  :D
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 09:48

I don't think it is Mike in this photo!

:/

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 11:36

I see no photo...

Nice read though.
:)
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 11:53

I don't think its him either. I just can't believe he looks that **cked!
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 12:24

I only see a photo of Jamie Oliver!
I'm getting really curious about that picture where mike looks f**cked!!!  :O

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 13:59

Scans of the paper article, with photos:
http://tubular.eu.org/Mike_Ind1_090208.png
http://tubular.eu.org/Mike_Ind2_090208.png
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 18:44

OK, he look his age, but in what way does he look f**cked?

(Reading Marky's original post, he could also have meant sacked, packed or locked. Or cocked. Is there such a word?)

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 20:57

Quote (larstangmark @ Feb. 09 2008, 18:44)
OK, he look his age, but in what way does he look f**cked?

(Reading Marky's original post, he could also have meant sacked, packed or locked. Or cocked. Is there such a word?)

The pictures used in the newspaper article scanned in by Olivier are not the same as the one that appeared on the original link posted by Marky...

http://usera.imagecave.com/dirkstar/oldfield_15588t.jpg
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 02:53

There's no way that's him. It's quite obviously a mistake, which would be why Marky's link no longer has an image.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 04:29

Dirk, it's very good of you to clarify the photo issue. I'm just wondering... might you change the image to a text link, instead? I'm finding it highly disturbing, as it is, having 'Mystery Man' pop right up like that. I think I'd rather see a '**cked Mike' than that horror. Errr, no offense to the poor gentleman, of course (I suspect a smile would make all the difference! ).

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 05:40

Interesting interview to read.And I do love Mike's sense of humor,ha ha!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 06:23

You wallies.... that's Roy Marsden!!!

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 06:25

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Marsden

this guy!    ;)

Ray  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 13:52

Quote (Sweetpea @ Feb. 10 2008, 04:29)
Dirk, it's very good of you to clarify the photo issue. I'm just wondering... might you change the image to a text link, instead? I'm finding it highly disturbing, as it is, having 'Mystery Man' pop right up like that. I think I'd rather see a '**cked Mike' than that horror. Errr, no offense to the poor gentleman, of course (I suspect a smile would make all the difference! ).

Ok Sweetpea I`ve removed the "mystery man" for you.I would`nt want you having nightmares or anything.He did look kind of disturbing I must admit. No offence intended to whoever it is.I think the most disturbing thing about him though is how long I spent staring at his photograph trying to convince myself it was/wasn`t Mike Oldfield.

The question remains though just who is he?Because if that`s Roy Marsden I`ll eat hay with a donkey.I`m presuming you`re refering to the actor who played the detective Adam Dalglish here Ray?Come on man,marsden is at least ten years older than this bloke and is completely bald.He also doesn`t have a dimple in his chin the size of a meteorite crater.Even Kirk Douglas would have been put to shame standing next to this guy.   :D
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 14:34

ok - but it looks like the picture comes from the roy marsden link to me... any way, I know who it is not!

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 15:07

Quote (Ray @ Feb. 10 2008, 14:34)
ok - but it looks like the picture comes from the roy marsden link to me... any way, I know who it is not!

I`m just pleased that your conviction of who it isn`t made me see the light here.That photogrpah had me holding up cd covers next to my pc monitor for ages.Mumbling away to myself "No way,it can`t be." etc.What I would have given for some CSI style photo match software, and a dictionary of piss poor plastic surgeons.Or better still a top notch detective like Adam Dalglish. ;)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 22:59

Quote (Dirk Star @ Feb. 10 2008, 15:07)
That photogrpah had me holding up cd covers next to my pc monitor for ages.Mumbling away to myself "No way,it can`t be." etc.What I would have given for some CSI style photo match software, and a dictionary of piss poor plastic surgeons.

Hehe. I imagine if TubularBoard had an emergency hotline direct to MO, we could have used it to get immediate confirmation/refutation: 'What? Well, I'm a bit busy... hold on, who's saying I'm **cked?? Oh, a picture? *various caveman-like grunts* I can't **cking believe this. Guys, I am so removing this hotline!'

And Dirk, your gentlemanly concern over the quality of my slumberings is much appreciated. :)

ETA

I agree with Tati - this interview was fun to read. It seemd a little strange to me, though, that it would be entirely non-music related. I supposed while the U.S. is MO-news starved, the UK has a round-the-clock 'MO-Watch'?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 22:15

The UK newspaper The Independent has published an interview with Mike as part of their 'My Life In Travel' series.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2008, 05:00

Say, that purple posting thing is a nifty trick, Korgscrew. Now that this topic has been officialized, I sorta wish I'd displayed a more suitable sobriety.

--------------
Profile PM 
23 replies since Feb. 11 2008, 22:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net