Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike in Mercedes UK magazine< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 07 2008, 15:14

The latest Mercedes UK magazine has a photo of Mike endorsing the S-Class.

Thanks, JNF.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2008, 15:29

Quote (Olivier @ June 07 2008, 17:14)
The latest Mercedes UK magazine has a photo of Mike endorsing the S-Class.

Thanks, JNF.

Any pics of that?

He used to drive a S500 which was sold last year on eBay...now he's into 4x4 with Toyota's Rav4 on Mallorca,according to a fan who has seen him a lot at Palma's marina:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/verfoto.asp?id=7178

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 09 2008, 11:23

Hehe! Funny that shot with his Toyota RAV4! Missed that one! :D

But I don't get it why he buys a big Mercedes, whilst his current Toyota is stronger, better and (probably) a little more economical.

Oh well, it's his decision, but he will do better in buying a hybrid car! Reduce your CO2!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 09 2008, 14:23

Endorsing doesn't mean buying. I'm not too sure Toyota is stronger and better than Mercedes though. I never understood while Japanese cars are so boring. Everything else from Japan looks a crazy gadget, "zen" at the same time, you can feel the fun and the passion of the designers, but their cars are so bland, so serious. Toyota is to cars what Music of the Spheres is to music.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 09 2008, 14:43

:D i would prefer to see him with long hair in a 2CV Citroen ....
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: June 09 2008, 18:24

Mike's been a fan of the S class for a long time. One of his older one's was on e-bay a little while back.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 09 2008, 18:47

:/ As Tati has already said , maybe someone nice in England could show us these pics , i'm waiting eagerly for seeing some new pics about Mike ....
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: June 09 2008, 18:57

As Tati has already said , maybe someone nice in England could show us these pics

I have a scan of the page with the picture and the text.

(Not an expert on scanning and as a result the file is 23MB. Suspect I need to convert from TIFF to jpg or similar. Any advice?  Will then be happy to post.)

However, don't build your hopes up, the picture is nothing new - you'll almost certainly have seen it before.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 09 2008, 19:19

:( Ohh ! Don't tell me this is an old pic about Mike with his Mercedes he sold on ebay ..??..

23 mb for a scan ? ..i'm not a expert too , but try to choose the jpg format with a smaller size before scanning .
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: June 11 2008, 03:52

Quote (Tubular Tos @ June 09 2008, 14:43)

Or maybe a pushbike but I doubt he could keep up with those boys from Kraftwerk!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 12 2008, 05:59

Quote (hairy old hippy @ June 11 2008, 09:52)
Quote (Tubular Tos @ June 09 2008, 14:43)

Or maybe a pushbike but I doubt he could keep up with those boys from Kraftwerk!

Hahahaha!!!  :p

Maybe those sigh sounds on "Tour de France" were made by Mike on a bike.... (hey that rhymes! )

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 12 2008, 17:38

Quote (Tubular Tos @ June 09 2008, 18:43)

No has to be an old 1960's VW Beetle :cool:  :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 12 2008, 18:39

Quote (olracUK @ June 09 2008, 22:24)
Mike's been a fan of the S class for a long time. One of his older one's was on e-bay a little while back.

it has to be a BMW 3 Series for me , the E36 or E46 frame are the best looking ones in the Series see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series.  
I think Mercs look nice, and probably have a good ride quality, not that I've been for a ride in one,whereas I have a Beemer or two. I do think Mercs are rather "SHOUTY" , as they have a great big Merc  logo badge, but on BMWs it's smaller , classy and more understated.   It has also been on Top Gear that Mercs are often going wrong , and often  being repaired, and are towards the bottom of TG's customer satisfaction surveys.

I think for me I like Jeremy Clarkson, I love his wit and wisdom, but I do think he can be a bit shouty,and isn't the best looking guy in the world IMHO. I  see Clarkson as being a mate I could share a pint or two with, and discuss music and cars , but for me Richard Hammond is the one I'd love to marry , he does it for me in the looks department too  ;), despite me preferring taller men.

If given the choice between a brand new Merc or a secondhand BMW E36 framed 3 Series , I'd take the Beemer everytime            :)  :D  :cool: .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: June 13 2008, 04:01

I never understood while Japanese cars are so boring.

i disagree, i have just bought a Mitsubishi Galant, 2.5 V6 24V and it is the best car i have owned! lol, very quick and quiet, i suppose it depends what Jap car you buy, the Galant is a take on BMW so it had to be similar.  :cool:

as for Mike, he may be using the Toyota as a run around, he may well have another, sporty, car at home

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 13 2008, 06:09

Quote (bugular tell @ June 13 2008, 08:01)
I never understood while Japanese cars are so boring.

i disagree, i have just bought a Mitsubishi Galant, 2.5 V6 24V and it is the best car i have owned! lol, very quick and quiet, i suppose it depends what Jap car you buy, the Galant is a take on BMW so it had to be similar.  :cool:

as for Mike, he may be using the Toyota as a run around, he may well have another, sporty, car at home

I do agree with Olivier about Japanese cars, yep reliable , but soooo boring.
A number of years ago I had an R Reg Vauxhall Corsa, and I got hit from behind whilst moving off from a stop at a traffic island (or roundabout if you're from darn sarf, islands, must be picking up Warwickshire speak from my boyfriend), and was given a Nissan Micra whilst my Corsa was in for repair, I was glad to gety my Corsa back, with the Micra, the wipers and indicators were the opposite way round, and I found it a bit tacky and small too. I guess all the cars I owned were provided to my then husband through the Motability scheme, (we remain friends, just we no longer had a marriage).

When my Dad died I had up to £3,000 to buy myself a car , I ended up with another Corsa, a W Reg 1.2 16v 2 Club variation,   in Nov 06 for £2,000, she currently has just  under 40,000 miles on the clock.

I know if it was my cash i was splashing I'd go for a BMW 3   Series, either the E36 1991-99 or the E46 1999-2006 frame. I think for me the BMW is more pleasing to my eyes.  I think maybe the sporty Mitsubishi cars I think of as looking a bity like they have too much testosterone, I consider them more of a bloky car.  Well I am a bit of a bloky girl in that I love things with engines, I think for me the BMW 3 Series has testosterone, but it isn't so shouty about it unlike Mercs or  the Japanese cars , Subaru, Mitsubishi etc.  To me the 3 Series is the ultimate in class :cool:  :)  :D , but don't buy the compact hatchback 3 Series as it looks as if you can only afford to buy 3/4 of a Beemer.

I guess for me cars are a bit likme men, I avoid those that look feeble or have to overtly constantly display their testosterone levels all the time.  I used to work with a guy who used to brag about his sexual "conquests",   :zzz:.  I often had to politely  tell him I wasn't interested , and if that didn't work I'd say "Shut the f**k up". To me a bloke who has to constantly brag about his sexploits has probably never done it before.

I'm sorry Bugular Tell if maybe I've insulted your car, but with cars I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Incidentally my boyfriend drives a 3 Series Beemer, but I've always liked Beemers long before he got one.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 13 2008, 15:03

:) In fact , all along his life he has driven a lot of different vehicles : planes , helicopters , bikes , cars , boats and also .... hovercrafts :-) but i think he doesn't care about all these motorised vehicles , please don't forget the essential !!!

What he likes more than all of these is to be on horseback !!

Hey and away we go
Through the grass, across the snow
Big brown beastie, big brown face
He'd rather be with him ( Misty ) than flying through space.

;)
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: June 15 2008, 23:22

[EMAIL=tubularnet.com]tubularnet.com[/EMAIL]

Mercedes are the most stylish, safest cars made in Europe. A good choice, but RAV 4s are more practical, especially for getting around Scotlands hills. I would love to see Mike tearing around the countryside in a Ferrari. How about joining in in TARGA one year?

Cheers
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 16 2008, 05:10

Quote (ex member 419 @ June 16 2008, 03:22)
[EMAIL=tubularnet.com]tubularnet.com[/EMAIL]

Mercedes are the most stylish, safest cars made in Europe. A good choice, but RAV 4s are more practical, especially for getting around Scotlands hills. I would love to see Mike tearing around the countryside in a Ferrari. How about joining in in TARGA TASMANIA one year?

Cheers

Yep the thing with Mercs is I find them a bit too "shouty", when it comes to stylish motoring, I love BMW's, the 3 Series, especially the looks of the E36 or E46 frame, or the M3 variation for a car with rally pedigree:cool:  :D . To me Beemers are more discreet, Mercs have that CD sized Mercedes badge on the front, that's what makes them shouty.   I also love the Aston Martin DB9    :cool: , I think Astons are quite classless cars, what I mean is I don't think "Snob" when I see one being driven.  However the one thing with the DB9 is I was looking at one parked up a little while ago, and for a 4 seater there's not much room in the back, not that I very often have back seat passengers. Oh makes me sound as if I was considering buying one     :laugh: , maybe if I win the lottery, (I'd buy my Beemer too), but I'd better dream on.   I do love my little Corsa, even if she's a bit rough riding over the bumps.  
I've been driving down the road where I live, and I've had problems with local chavs surrounding my car, kicking it,and playing "chicken" just wish they'd leave me alone. Did go to the police, but the "desk sergeant" has passed it on to the PCSO's, or in other words plastic coppers.   I know if I behaved like that I'd have got a clip round the ear, and if I'd have damaged property my pocket money would be forfeited, 'til the  debt was paid off.

This is what I need  a "Talon" a riot control vehicle as used by the British Army see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6SLnn4emHI

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 16 2008, 05:58

:D  :D LOL I'm French so i can't understand all he said but this makes me laughing a lot anyway ! Ah ! British humor ,it's so good !  :D
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 16 2008, 06:18

Quote (moonchildhippy @ June 16 2008, 10:10)
I know if I behaved like that I'd have got a clip round the ear, and if I'd have damaged property my pocket money would be forfeited, 'til the  debt was paid off.

But the poor little dears are just misunderstood. You need to give them a hug just like Tony suggested and of course you can't give them a clip around the ear for Health and Safety reasons...

Seriously, sorry to hear you've having trouble with the local lowlifes moonchildhippy. Hope something can be sorted out. Keep at the police maybe or try local MP or councillor?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
24 replies since June 07 2008, 15:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net