[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike in Mercedes UK magazine< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
moonchildhippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 16 2008, 07:29

Quote (Matt @ June 16 2008, 10:18)
Quote (moonchildhippy @ June 16 2008, 10:10)
I know if I behaved like that I'd have got a clip round the ear, and if I'd have damaged property my pocket money would be forfeited, 'til the  debt was paid off.

But the poor little dears are just misunderstood. You need to give them a hug just like Tony suggested and of course you can't give them a clip around the ear for Health and Safety reasons...

Seriously, sorry to hear you've having trouble with the local lowlifes moonchildhippy. Hope something can be sorted out. Keep at the police maybe or try local MP or councillor?

I wonder where are the parents of these local teenage chavs. My boyfriend and the "desk sergeant"( I know the police don't employ sergeants on the enquiry desks now,) advised me to keep driving, the only thing is I'd beel bad if I hit one of them, and not only that despite them jumping out in front of me literally inches from my car, I can't help thinking I'd be done for "dangerous driving" , that's the way it's going, it seems the "victim" (I hate that word, so negative), or the have a go back in defence law abiding citizen seems to get done by this PC loony lefty thought police, lets shaft the motorist, whilst we fly round in our polluting jets and  gas guzzling cars at taxpayers expense.  Oh yes back to these cahvs, my boyfriend said that I shouldn't feel bad if I did accidentally hit one of them, and thinking about it he's right, as they're just lowlife chavs.

I did try the housing association, as my property is owned by them , ex local authority, and I beleive some of the kids live in H/A properties, and I think some are from the local childrens home. I did report this to the H/A but the receptionist said that they can't make accusations against people without knowing who is responsible.  I know there's a kids home that closed down, but reopened and I do believe some of these kids are from there.  , and she said that the children's home isn't the H/A's responsibility.  I did see thje area Housing Officer's car parked outside the kids home along with a police car, maybe I'm best to talk to the organ grinder rather than the monkey.
Yes that's an idea, I'll find out who my local councillors are, and e-mail my MP, after all looking after constituent's interest is what she was elected to do.
It's just this has been going on , all be it infrequently for some period of time, but a recent incident was really the last straw, I 'm thinking if there's any positive to come out of this it's hopefully I'll get a few more  points for a move to Warwickshire      
 :cool: , speaking of which I'm off up there for a few days tomorrow to see my beloved :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 16 2008, 20:03

This is so weird. I hadn't been paying attention to this topic and Friday bought a RAV4 for our library council. It was a group process--we brainstormed what we needed in a vehicle, researched, and ended up with the RAV4 as the best choice! Who knew? Of course, in this economy I'd rather have bought a hybrid, but there aren't any to be had around here at the moment. We were looking for safety combined with good gas mileage, and room for people and all the stuff we have to transport. We got the bare bones model--I'm sure that Mike's RAV has a leather interior, sun roof, bluetooth, and all the trimmings! We're a humble, budget-challenged library organization, and it would be a bit incongruous to be driving up to a legislator's office in a bright red RAV4, with a sun roof (love red! ). So, we went for something subtle and basic.  :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 17 2008, 17:09

Congratulations with your choice Inkanta! :) The Prius is almost certainly my choice too when I have the money for it.

Clotty---> is it still possible for you to upload the article? If your scan is so big (23mb), maybe you scanned it with a higher resolution (300 dpi). 72 dpi is a fine format, but you can also convert it too a smaller resolution. And JPG format is fine! Thanks!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2008, 14:53

Nooo Noo you got it all wrong.  What you need is a Landrover 110 - especially Moonchildhippy - as you cant see chavs until after you reverse to find out what that squeek was.  The mirrors nor the windows are not made for seeing out of -and the misting device works excellently making sure you only have a small tunnel like slot to see out of.

A Rav is just a dinky toy version of a Landrover - like a small demo toy version.  Landrovers also don't use much Diesel at all.  When they are moving they run nicely on cooking fat and vegetable oil with one dram of whisky per 14 gallons.  The rest of the time the refuse to move anyway so not much pollution there.  They can carry 12 people, although when i worked at an outdoor centre in the (english) lake district one of the girls had a yellow on and we got 27 people in and on it.  It was still able to drive the 1.5 miles to the pub without bouncing anyone off.  Although we did have to give left right left a bit directions to the girl driving as about 1/3 of the 27 were on the bonnet.

Toyota copied this concept but dressed it all up in a dish-dash.

Still  - Toyota's are reliable even if they do look like an inside out tin of beans.  My wife has one - her second, the last one didnt have anything wrong with it but it didnt have video seats -  -  ok ok we like watching the "Tub II concert" in the car!!!!

But we need a car like that as we live on a mountain and get 1m of snow and have a croft too (Small Farm).  We need the croft to grow the vegetables for making fuel  - you can do that now - up to 2500 ltrs per year without paying UK Road fuel tax which is about 9000%.

Talking about local Yob's (Chavs or whatever) we don't have any.  They are all too knackered walking the 3 miles home from school then ploughing a few fields to go out making trouble - an d as it;'s a rural area every one has a shot gun - which although you can't shoot anyone (or at least you cant admit to it)  - every one sees what happens to the crows and extrapolates from there so no trouble and no burglars (well none alive).

MCH - you should come and live in our Barn - no one will hassle you there.  You may occasionally get disturbed by screeching PRS or Gibson Junior playing something like an MO tune at 167 Decibels (or is that Deci-Bells.)

And  - you will probably be sharing the Barn with a 1973 Landrover still going strong and not at all rusty (er.. humph.. well just one spot on the Chassis - ....ok it a very big spot...NO you can't actually see any of the original chassis metal...... but it still works).

there is no way a 1973 Toyota would be still alive, in Scotland.

Anyway - I guess i'm sympathising with MCH.   Agreeing that Toyota's are ugly but reliable.   Not as reliable as a Porsche though - which are apparently the most reliable bit of kit in the world just now.  And much nicer looking than anything - cept possibly the Aston.

Cheers
R

PS MCH - if you want to borrow an old Landrover  - no problem - chav debris washed off very easily.   ;)  ;)

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2009, 07:47

Here is the scan that Clotty made!

Mike in Mercedes UK Magazine 2008

And whattayaknow! It looks like it is an exact translation of the same Mercedes magazine in 2006 in Germany!

Mike in Mercedes Germany Magazine

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
24 replies since June 07 2008, 15:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net