Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike in August 2010 Uncut magazine< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 06 2010, 15:46

Mike is interviewed in the 'ch-ch-ch-ch-changes' section of the August 2010 issue of the UK magazine Uncut, commenting on old pictures and complaining about Britain!

Muito obrigado, Tati
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 07 2010, 03:38

Seems that this was the interview that Fanny commented on her diary a while ago,according to its description here:

Quote (OneTrackADay @ May 27 2010, 05:05)
16th May 2010 – Nassau
Out of Sight

Last night, when Michael showed me some pictures that he received for an interview he had to do today, it was like peaking into the future and seeing what Jake will look like. He is so much like his father, he looks the same and has this magic in him - that spark, this "je ne sais quoi" that life gave them.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: July 07 2010, 04:29

Tati.

Proviso: That M+F's offspring don't reach that "I'm just nipping-out for a quick ciggie...."  millstone.- deliberate misspelling. 

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: July 11 2010, 18:54

I was wondering which interview Fanny talked about.

Do you have a scan, Tati? Or is it somewhere readable on the net? Thanks!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 

Posted: July 11 2010, 19:31

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ July 11 2010, 23:54)
Do you have a scan, Tati? Or is it somewhere readable on the net? Thanks!

I'll scan it and then post here  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: July 19 2010, 16:25

I had a quick flick at this today in the shop. Its quite a short feature really but it was interesting to read Mike saying that even to this day he gets letters from people who were inspired to become musicians after seeing him on Blue Peter recording the theme tune.

On another media related note the re-released Ommadawn gets a much deserved five star review in this months Mojo magazine. The writer also praises Hergest Ridge in the same review.
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 06:04

I know it's cheeky but I don't suppose someone fancies posting a scan do they!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
ManFromTheMoon Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2010, 06:25

Oh Tati, You promised a scan!:/
I have no more tears to cry while I'm waiting fot it!:)
Is there a chance for us to read this interview?:) Pretty Please!:)))
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 18 2010, 15:29

Bit busy with my dissertation for my Masters,so that's why I haven't posted here the scan.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2010, 16:43

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Aug. 18 2010, 15:29)
Bit busy with my dissertation for my Masters,so that's why I haven't posted here the scan.

Hey, no problem Tati. I was in the same boat with my ecology degree a few months ago just up the road in Norwich, I didn't do much else for weeks when doing my dissertation!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
ManFromTheMoon Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2010, 17:14

Understood:)
But I still hope Yo will scan this interview after You will get Your degree?:))) You know, I'm living so far away from the nearest kiosk - almost 400.000 km!:)
Profile PM 
10 replies since July 06 2010, 15:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net