Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike flashlistens, "Wait a sencond, THAT IS MIKE!"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MasterGeek.MX Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 22 2014, 00:58

Let me explain myself: In our everyday we hear A LOT of music. In TV spots, having a dinner at a restaurant, some neighbor plays a song cuz is happy or having a party.

Well, it could be the ocasion when the stars align and that music you are hearing is in fact something of Mike. Then your tubularian-sense rings and you notice it. This thread is intended for posting that kind of moments.

Let me start:

As you may notice I'm from Mexico (where NOBODY knows him). I was one day at the subway station near of my house when I noticed the fact that Moonligth Shadow was in the station speakers. I freaked out at insane limits.

Other day I was watching a TV program where a tv reviewer talks about what happens on TV. Was an special of the best programs of the 60's. In one fragment showing the child program "Chiquilladas" talking about the Mexico 68 olympics, in the bottom was playing the beginning of The Time Has Come.

So, I expect to see your experiences.

--------------
Hailings from a Mexican Mike Oldfield's fan.

Y chingue su madre el que no le guste Campanas Tubulares!
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 26 2014, 14:01

With apologies, MasterGeek, eventually you have!

Long ago, I made the mental promise that whosoever was the first person to play me a bit of Mike on the streets would profit handsomely from the experience.  I anticipated that that would turn out to be one of the obvious examples from his back catalogue, and only feared that when it did happen, I would not have the money on hand to make good on the pledge.

And so, in late 2012 and on the South Bank in London - whilst browsing the book stalls underneath Waterloo Bridge next to the National Film Theatre, my ears perked up as a semi-familiar tune broke out.  A busking duo - lady on fiddle or violin, gentleman on guitar - were suddenly playing not Moonlight Shadow, nor anything from TB, but Polka!  I was only recently acquainted with this from the re-issues, and as far as I now know they played both the composite tunes.  The reason I don't is that I was whiling away the time, looking at books until my train left, on account of being absolutely penniless. :/   I had hoped to be in the position of dropping at least £5 to my first Oldfield buskers, and learning more that way.  How much they would have appreciated feedback and inquiry from someone who couldn't even drop 1p into their case, I can never know but I felt I could only appreciate the performance from nearby and thus not even be certain that they were covering him - they might just have been fans of Irish polkas!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
1 replies since June 22 2014, 00:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net